5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Outstanding value .Don't even think about a cheapskate half size keyboard for your child,they will only bin it after a while.The learning mode on this unit is all you need to keep the child(or adult when I get a look in)occupied and interested. Lovely tones,and effects.
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by T. C. Mulcahy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it makes out
If you're looking for a beginners keyboard I would seriously recommend your local music store for proper advice. This keyboard is not touch-responsive (you can get a touch responsive keyboard from your local music shop for similar money). The sounds are not bad for this price range but even beginners will soon find that the lack of touch responsive keys is a major set...
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by Daz the Rebel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Sep 2010
T. C. Mulcahy - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb entry level piece, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
I am not an expert at all, but after my brother in law bought my kids (9 and 12 years old) a very toy-like piano which the kids were constantly tinkering with, and after my son (12 years old) began piano lessons at school I felt it was time to try a decent keyboard at home for a not too huge investment. What can I say but WOW! This product is just perfect for this requirement and at such a superb price too. For me, I think the sound is hauntingly like the real thing with great quality and exceptional volume which can easily fill my 32 foot lounge. All in all, having bought this, along with a trampoline and zipwire in my garden I am making positive steps toward weaning my addicted son off that dreaded satan's tool - the PS3! The kids loved the last toy piano from bro, but they are constantly on this one, and even my PS3 loving son now spends hours with the laptop sitting next to the keyboard learning very complex pices off youtube - goodbye PS3, mission accomplished, yay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound, 9 Feb 2010
Mr. P. James (Eastbourne, Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
Excellent value for money, and a good quality sound. Many features and different instruments too. Unlike many similar keyboards, the piano and grand piano on this sound much more like the real thing. For the amateur player, this keyboard would be hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great instrument, 26 Nov 2010
B. Owczarczyk "cancer" (yours head) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
Bought it for my 7 years old boy.
Great tool to learn how to play.
Good quality.
I had a Casio ages ago when I was a kid and I have to say this one is so much better :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly satisfied, 23 Nov 2010
D. Tonks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
An excellent product for learning to plat the piano,
it does what it says on the box!
My only thought is that it would be nice if middle C
were nearer the center of the keyboard, and not well
to the left of center. There are fewer bass keys than
treble keys.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent entry-level, budget keyboard., 31 Dec 2010
Jamie Orchison (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
Purchased for [...] delivered from [...] and I am very pleased with the service - product arrived the day after dispatch via DHL, although no tracking information was available on my order.

The device itself is a very nice bit of kit. 61-keys and it's Yamaha, so it's quality, too. I'm just starting to learn, so naturally, the whole thing is a bit intimidating but my experience so far has been a good one. I have but three small complaints:

1) Center C isn't really at the center, but is slightly to the left. This can't really be helped and is inherent to it being a 61-key, 5-octave + 1 keyboard.

2) The keys aren't touch sensitive - i.e. they don't make a louder noise when you hit them hard compared to just tapping it lightly. It would have been nice to see this implemented.

3) No pedal included. There is a port for one but it has to be purchased separately, which is a shame because pedals are quite an important part of piano.

Side notes) Comes with power adapter with both UK and European prong types, a similar style to those found on BlackBerry charging devices. Also comes with a sheet music stand.

That's about it really. A nice, simple, beginner's keyboard. It's up to me to put in the effort now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best alternative to the grand piano!, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
Excellent item, for the price the quality is very high, crystal clear sound, why pay 100/1000s more ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
This is a great product for those starting out with loads of features on it, so your guaranteed not to get bored easily. sound quality is great, and from what I've researched, this product is the cheapest here on Amazon - though I'd still search around before buying. Just one thing that wasn't that user friendly was the built-in songs to learn, it was a bit fiddly reducing the speed so I can actually learn the base/ melody notes, but I did get there in the end, however it would have been soo much better if score sheets were included with the keyboard. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, please!, 15 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
This is the perfect keyboard. I have piano lessons on a full size piano, and I am progressing well just with the keyboard. I think it sounds really realistic. It's got lots of different sounds as well as the piano - my little brother likes to play around with the sound effects kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Starter Keyboard, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard (Electronics)
Very good practice keyboard at an affordable price, grand piano effect is very good. Came with boxed instructions and music sheet holder + ac power supply. The box was opened when it arrived but everything within is in working order. Would recommend for the burgening pianist.