4.4 out of 5 stars1,112

on 15 March 2013
Bought this as it seemed a good idea to have a kit like this because we travel a lot. However, after just one plane journey in a packed suitcase, the toothbrush and the bigger brush were no longer usable - the bristles were pushed to one side by the little suction ball thing and despite several attempts to reshape them, they remained unusable!

The thermometer is extremely unreliable!!! Do not buy this kit as it's unsafe to be relying on it to accurately measure your baby's temperature! It did work initially for a about a month. Then it kept giving me really hypothermic low readings (<34.5) even when I thought my baby might have a fever. How frustrating! I now have to buy a separate thermometer which defeats the point of having this kit.
on 19 December 2014
It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from people who have bought this product in preparation for their baby or as a gift and haven't actually used the things yet. I agree, it looks cute and seems to have everything you'd need. The problems arise when you come to actually use any of the things in the kit. Like a lot of other people here, found most things pretty useless. The hairbrush is ok but then you can't go far wrong with that. Nail scissors don't cut, nasal aspirator doesn't suck anything (plus is too big for a newborn's nostrils anyway so is ridiculously ineffective) and who uses a hard comb on a baby's hair? But the worst is the thermometer. Doesn't give anything like an accurate reading. My daughter is currently radiating heat from a fever yet thermometer says she has a temperature of 34 degrees. Plus it takes 60 seconds to give this reading - may not sound long in theory but try holding a sick wriggling baby still with their arm clamped to their side for 60 seconds!!! Really disappointed. Kit is all aesthetics, no substance.
on 2 November 2010
I purchased this item after giving birth to my son earlier in the year. The majority of the items included are useful although they look alittle cheap due to being made out of white plastic. The only item we did not find useful was the nose aspirator - when depressed it did not re-inflate and therefore, did not achieve it's purpose. In hind sight I perhaps would not have purchased this item due to the reasons above and wished that I had examined the contents in a shop that also sells this item before buying it - I strongly recommend doing so to anyone that is considering purchasing this item.
on 27 October 2011
Hello All,

Do not buy, waste of money, very cheap quality ... generaly very disapointed. Even the brush is not soft enough for a little baby. I am really surprised that Tommee Tippe could produce such a rubish product!!!
on 11 May 2012
Thermometer doesn't work. I'm sure you'll need to buy another one, and nose aspirator too. I woul'd not recommend it. the reason why it's so cheap is that it's a total crap.
on 8 February 2012
I was happy to order it and when it arrived I was very satisfy with how it looked. However when I started using it i was not so happy. The one thing that was very disappointing was the nail scissors that did not cut. I had to buy a new one in order to do my job. The thermometer did not work right from the moment I got it and a few days later the indicator on low battery went on, which I have not changed yet so I don't know if it actually works correctly. And finally someone brought me as a gift another hair brush that is much softer than this one so I don't use the brush either.
on 22 June 2012
Well I actually bought this because of it being compact and could hold all the necessary baby grooming tidbits,despite the mixed reviews I've read...
The products does not look cheap as some people mentioned;but although the baby boy is not arrived yet so I have not used anything so far,the scissors and the nasal aspirator shall be replaced with a more functional ones.Other than that I am quiet happy with it and it fits nice in the changing bag insures you always know where everything is and you always have them handy and clean even when you are out.
on 18 May 2015
Two weeks into having a new baby, we have used this kit several times. I had no idea I would really need any of these things. However I've used the scissors to cut her hair - they are safety scissors and did the job excellently, without us having to worry; I've cut and filed her nails with minimal stress; and I have even got rid of her bogeys with the nasal aspirator.

This kit really does have some extremely useful items in, and they're all great quality - something you really need when you're having to look after a brand new baby.
on 8 May 2012
I was very pleased when this Tommee Tippee Health and Grooming Kit arrived. It comprises of a small, neat carrying case (great for taking with you when travelling) full of all the necessary bits and bobs that you need for your baby. The brush and comb are very sweet, whilst the scissors, thermometer, toothbrush etc all look substantial. I like the way the set is presented in this carry case and would definately recommend it as a good starter kit for a baby. A perfect gift and good value from reputable company.
on 12 May 2013
For £7.50 this was brilliant.

Granted I don't use the brush, toothbrush or bogey sucker... even the comb I use on the dog when trimming his hair.

I have used the scissors, nail clipper and thermometer (I've read reviews that it's inaccurate, but when I removed the sheath it gave me a very accurate reading when my little boy was poorly).

I have given five stars, based on the price I paid - I wouldn't have been impressed had I paid more.

It would make a lovely gift.

See one answered question