4.4 out of 5 stars1,348

on 15 March 2013
Bought this as it seemed a good idea to have a kit like this because we travel a lot. However, after just one plane journey in a packed suitcase, the toothbrush and the bigger brush were no longer usable - the bristles were pushed to one side by the little suction ball thing and despite several attempts to reshape them, they remained unusable!

The thermometer is extremely unreliable!!! Do not buy this kit as it's unsafe to be relying on it to accurately measure your baby's temperature! It did work initially for a about a month. Then it kept giving me really hypothermic low readings (<34.5) even when I thought my baby might have a fever. How frustrating! I now have to buy a separate thermometer which defeats the point of having this kit.
on 19 December 2014
It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from people who have bought this product in preparation for their baby or as a gift and haven't actually used the things yet. I agree, it looks cute and seems to have everything you'd need. The problems arise when you come to actually use any of the things in the kit. Like a lot of other people here, found most things pretty useless. The hairbrush is ok but then you can't go far wrong with that. Nail scissors don't cut, nasal aspirator doesn't suck anything (plus is too big for a newborn's nostrils anyway so is ridiculously ineffective) and who uses a hard comb on a baby's hair? But the worst is the thermometer. Doesn't give anything like an accurate reading. My daughter is currently radiating heat from a fever yet thermometer says she has a temperature of 34 degrees. Plus it takes 60 seconds to give this reading - may not sound long in theory but try holding a sick wriggling baby still with their arm clamped to their side for 60 seconds!!! Really disappointed. Kit is all aesthetics, no substance.
on 14 April 2015
As a first time mum this was a God send. It has everything you will need without the panic of buying items when baby is unwell. I have used the thermometer, giving me peace of mind . The brush is soft and used daily. The nail clippers are perfect and used weekly (when baby will sit still). The nose bulb is the best item, when baby has been unwell with a blocked runny nose this is so amazing to remove the mucous. The handy zip bag keeps things tidy and has been on holiday twice with us already.
on 13 April 2016
I thought that this kit would have the required bits ready for my baby, but I've only had luck with a few of the basic items. I use the hairbrush, nail clippers and emory boards frequently.
The bulb suction hasn't worked anytime that I've tried it. It just doesn't give enough suction to get anything out. (I was also given a nose freda, with a tube that you suck through to get snot out, which works much better! I was put off by the idea of the system initially, but there are filters and quite a bit of distance between your mouth and any snot, and I've never had anything go beyond the first little tapered bit so I got over it quickly.)
The thermometer seemed to work the first couple of times that I used it, then it would continuously read low, so that's become useless too.
As for the toothbrush and hard comb, I've yet to need.
on 2 November 2010
I purchased this item after giving birth to my son earlier in the year. The majority of the items included are useful although they look alittle cheap due to being made out of white plastic. The only item we did not find useful was the nose aspirator - when depressed it did not re-inflate and therefore, did not achieve it's purpose. In hind sight I perhaps would not have purchased this item due to the reasons above and wished that I had examined the contents in a shop that also sells this item before buying it - I strongly recommend doing so to anyone that is considering purchasing this item.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2016
Will you use everything in this kit? No. Will you find a better nasal aspirator anywhere else? NO. My son is now 17 months. We got this kit at our shower. We lost the aspirator somewhere around month 6 and have been mourning it ever since! The aspirator a that they sell in drug stores, or even at B-R-Us are terrible. I am online today considering buying the whole kit over again just to get this aspirator back. The hair brush and clippers are good, too.
on 11 May 2016
A handy little kit that includes a number of essentials to ensure a happy baby. The kit contains the following items:

1 x digital oral thermometer
1 x nasal aspirator
1 x toothbrush
2 x emery boards
1 x nail clippers
1 x scissors
1 x brush
1 x comb

Prior to baby arriving we had already received a number of these items with different products or gifts however we thought there was no harm in having spares.

The items all fit into a provided zip-up travel bag that can easily fit in your baby bag or the glovebox of your car for emergencies.

Very impressed with the good value product.
on 26 May 2016
This kit is the sort of thing I thought I really needed before my daughter was born. In reality I have only used the nail clippers and the brush. The nail files are too soft and didn't do anything to her nails and the nasal aspirator is not very effective so we have never made use of that the pack would be handy if I used all the items in there but as I don't it collects dust in her wardrobe whilst the brush and clippers sit on the side.

I would recommend buying the grooming bits you think you will need separately as you will save money and get more use out of them.
on 11 May 2012
Thermometer doesn't work. I'm sure you'll need to buy another one, and nose aspirator too. I woul'd not recommend it. the reason why it's so cheap is that it's a total crap.
on 31 May 2015
Toe nail clippers are the only thing you will use, thermometer is useless and takes ages to use, bogey sucker doesn't work, can't see a reason for the scissors.