5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it
In 5 months we have only used the nail clippers and the thermometer. But it cost so little it's a good little started gift for a new family.
Published on 7 Jun. 2013 by Adri B du Plessis

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable...
Bought this as it seemed a good idea to have a kit like this because we travel a lot. However, after just one plane journey in a packed suitcase, the toothbrush and the bigger brush were no longer usable - the bristles were pushed to one side by the little suction ball thing and despite several attempts to reshape them, they remained unusable!

The thermometer...
Published on 15 Mar. 2013 by acrf.amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable..., 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare Kit (Baby Product)

The thermometer is extremely unreliable!!! Do not buy this kit as it's unsafe to be relying on it to accurately measure your baby's temperature! It did work initially for a about a month. Then it kept giving me really hypothermic low readings (<34.5) even when I thought my baby might have a fever. How frustrating! I now have to buy a separate thermometer which defeats the point of having this kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from ..., 19 Dec. 2014
It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from people who have bought this product in preparation for their baby or as a gift and haven't actually used the things yet. I agree, it looks cute and seems to have everything you'd need. The problems arise when you come to actually use any of the things in the kit. Like a lot of other people here, found most things pretty useless. The hairbrush is ok but then you can't go far wrong with that. Nail scissors don't cut, nasal aspirator doesn't suck anything (plus is too big for a newborn's nostrils anyway so is ridiculously ineffective) and who uses a hard comb on a baby's hair? But the worst is the thermometer. Doesn't give anything like an accurate reading. My daughter is currently radiating heat from a fever yet thermometer says she has a temperature of 34 degrees. Plus it takes 60 seconds to give this reading - may not sound long in theory but try holding a sick wriggling baby still with their arm clamped to their side for 60 seconds!!! Really disappointed. Kit is all aesthetics, no substance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but, looks abit cheap., 2 Nov. 2010
I purchased this item after giving birth to my son earlier in the year. The majority of the items included are useful although they look alittle cheap due to being made out of white plastic. The only item we did not find useful was the nose aspirator - when depressed it did not re-inflate and therefore, did not achieve it's purpose. In hind sight I perhaps would not have purchased this item due to the reasons above and wished that I had examined the contents in a shop that also sells this item before buying it - I strongly recommend doing so to anyone that is considering purchasing this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 1 Dec. 2011
I do like this product and its handy to have everything kept in the same place. The item comes with a brush and a comb = both of which i've never used yet, a 'snotter-sooker-ooter' which ive never used yet but it might just come in handy one day, a thermometer which seems fairly accurate but takes a wee while to get to the temperature which could be a bit tricky with a wriggly newborn. i tend to use it when he is feeding. And lastly, nail files, clippers and scissors. The scissors seem a bit rubbish at the minute but this could get better one my boy is a bit older. The clippers are great and a good manageable size and the files great too. I used them when i was too scared to clip his nails! i would recommend this product overall though

3.0 out of 5 stars Great hairbrush & nail clippers, otherwise only ok, 11 Jun. 2012
Thermometer works fine but can be a bit fiddly trying to keep baby still to hold it under his arm, I have since bought an ear thermometer which is much easier to use. Comb ok but don't use it for baby as the brush is much softer so use it all the time. I don't use the nail scissors or nail files (seem a bit rough on little fingers) but the nail clippers are great, obviously you have to be careful and I have pinched skin by accident a couple of times when baby was smaller :-( but seems to be easier to do as baby gets older. I don't use the aspirator as have a "little noses" one which I find excellent. Long story short, I'd buy it again if only for hairbrush and clippers as it was on special offer, probably wouldn't bother if full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 7 Jun. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product!!!, 27 Oct. 2011
Hello All,

Do not buy, waste of money, very cheap quality ... generaly very disapointed. Even the brush is not soft enough for a little baby. I am really surprised that Tommee Tippe could produce such a rubish product!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I was expecting, 8 Feb. 2012
I was happy to order it and when it arrived I was very satisfy with how it looked. However when I started using it i was not so happy. The one thing that was very disappointing was the nail scissors that did not cut. I had to buy a new one in order to do my job. The thermometer did not work right from the moment I got it and a few days later the indicator on low battery went on, which I have not changed yet so I don't know if it actually works correctly. And finally someone brought me as a gift another hair brush that is much softer than this one so I don't use the brush either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall not bad..., 22 Jun. 2012
Well I actually bought this because of it being compact and could hold all the necessary baby grooming tidbits,despite the mixed reviews I've read...
The products does not look cheap as some people mentioned;but although the baby boy is not arrived yet so I have not used anything so far,the scissors and the nasal aspirator shall be replaced with a more functional ones.Other than that I am quiet happy with it and it fits nice in the changing bag insures you always know where everything is and you always have them handy and clean even when you are out.

1.0 out of 5 stars thermometer, 11 May 2012
samogitian (Newry, Co Down, UK) - See all my reviews
Thermometer doesn't work. I'm sure you'll need to buy another one, and nose aspirator too. I woul'd not recommend it. the reason why it's so cheap is that it's a total crap.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare Kit