5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it so much that I'm buying another
I bought this in August 2011 ready for the birth of my first son.

Published on 26 Mar. 2013 by Hawkster

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable...
Bought this as it seemed a good idea to have a kit like this because we travel a lot. However, after just one plane journey in a packed suitcase, the toothbrush and the bigger brush were no longer usable - the bristles were pushed to one side by the little suction ball thing and despite several attempts to reshape them, they remained unusable!

The thermometer...
Published on 15 Mar. 2013 by acrf.amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable..., 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare Kit (Baby Product)

The thermometer is extremely unreliable!!! Do not buy this kit as it's unsafe to be relying on it to accurately measure your baby's temperature! It did work initially for a about a month. Then it kept giving me really hypothermic low readings (<34.5) even when I thought my baby might have a fever. How frustrating! I now have to buy a separate thermometer which defeats the point of having this kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but, looks abit cheap., 2 Nov. 2010
I purchased this item after giving birth to my son earlier in the year. The majority of the items included are useful although they look alittle cheap due to being made out of white plastic. The only item we did not find useful was the nose aspirator - when depressed it did not re-inflate and therefore, did not achieve it's purpose. In hind sight I perhaps would not have purchased this item due to the reasons above and wished that I had examined the contents in a shop that also sells this item before buying it - I strongly recommend doing so to anyone that is considering purchasing this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from ..., 19 Dec. 2014
It seems like a lot of positive reviews here are coming from people who have bought this product in preparation for their baby or as a gift and haven't actually used the things yet. I agree, it looks cute and seems to have everything you'd need. The problems arise when you come to actually use any of the things in the kit. Like a lot of other people here, found most things pretty useless. The hairbrush is ok but then you can't go far wrong with that. Nail scissors don't cut, nasal aspirator doesn't suck anything (plus is too big for a newborn's nostrils anyway so is ridiculously ineffective) and who uses a hard comb on a baby's hair? But the worst is the thermometer. Doesn't give anything like an accurate reading. My daughter is currently radiating heat from a fever yet thermometer says she has a temperature of 34 degrees. Plus it takes 60 seconds to give this reading - may not sound long in theory but try holding a sick wriggling baby still with their arm clamped to their side for 60 seconds!!! Really disappointed. Kit is all aesthetics, no substance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Came in handy, 10 Dec. 2014
Good price but thermometer battery was low when I opened the package so I couldn't use it. Was a nuisance trying to find a battery to fit inside it.

I find some of the items are not very useful. The nasal aspirators design is rather big & clumsy & too big to fit into the nose of a very small infant. However, for the price which is better than high street prices sold on a Amazon, overall it isn't too bad. The carry case it comes in keeps everything in one place making it neat & compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it so much that I'm buying another, 26 Mar. 2013
I bought this in August 2011 ready for the birth of my first son.

A really handy little set up, although initially I only used the thermometer - he didn't have much hair and I was still frightened to use the nail clippers as - even though these were safety clippers - I'd heard tales of parents who had unwittingly caught the tip of their babies fingers! A few weeks of baby scratching my breasts during feeding and I soon got over that fear - and the clippers never let me down. The emery boards, soft enough for my son's tiny fingernails, also came in useful.

By the same time the following year I'd used the lot, comb and scissors for a hair trim, even the nasal aspirator with one particularly nasal-snot-bubbling cold! Then I left it abroad (with relatives) so that I always had a set there if I needed it.

Now my second child is on its way and a new Tommy Tippee set was top of my list. It will be nice to a have a fresh starter set for the little one, but also handy to have one at home and one abroad.

My only gripe (if you can call it that) would be that it only comes in the black set (never considered it the first time around, but now I think colour coded for multiple kids would be great!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some Useful Items, 29 Sept. 2013
I've read mixed reviews about this product. I have found it useful. I have used the scissors every day for opening milk cartons when out with the baby. I have also found that they cut her nails very easily. I wouldn't say they were particularly robust but they've certainly been fine for what I needed.

The thermometer seems to work to me but fortunately my little girl hasn't had any particular illnesses other than sniffles. However they seem accurate as far as I can tell and I've been happy to rely on them.

The brush is soft and so I use it regularly without any complaints from baby. She hasn't got enough hair for the comb so I haven't used it yet. I also haven't used the toothbrush as I bought a separate Colgate one. The thing for the nose I haven't used as I can't see the point of it.

So in summary I think it's a useful product but maybe you could spend less money buying the few items you really need as not of the items I use are kept together in the case. However the amount I've used the scissors alone would probably mean the product was value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need..., 4 Oct. 2011
This kit has all the major items you will need for grooming your baby. It comes in a useful and compact little zip bag which is great for putting in your changing bag or travelling. Certainly works out cheaper than buying all the items separately. The products all seem to be fairly good quality.

A few months on I would like to add the following;
The nasal aspirator is not very good, my husband and I have really struggled to get it to work effectively. The nail scissors are totally blunt, I have never been able to use them successfully to trim my daughters nails. The nail clippers have fallen apart as the screw came loose and I have had to buy another pair. The comb and hairbrush are probably the most used items in this pack, so overall not great!

Having all these essentials in a nice bag is a good idea, but disappointing when the quality of the items varies so much!

1.0 out of 5 stars thermometer, 11 May 2012
samogitian (Newry, Co Down, UK) - See all my reviews
Thermometer doesn't work. I'm sure you'll need to buy another one, and nose aspirator too. I woul'd not recommend it. the reason why it's so cheap is that it's a total crap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for £4 - (special offer from a supermarket), 3 Feb. 2013
N. Brunton - See all my reviews
Everyone keeps saying the nose aspirator doesn't work and at first I thought that too. It depends on the type of bogey you're trying to get out!! If you can see where it is and its just out of reach with a cotton bud then the aspirator works. Personally I have no idea why a baby would need a comb but there you go. The toothbrush is also quite big for when a couple of milk teeth start to appear, and the hairbrush is a little hard. I have a proper wooden one with horse hair bristles and its lovely and soft. The nailclippers and files are fine although the clippers dont work on newborns as their nails are too soft and just bend. My baby is 3 months and now his nails are harder the clippers work perfectly. My advice - if its on offer its fine, just don't buy it at full price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 1 Dec. 2011
I do like this product and its handy to have everything kept in the same place. The item comes with a brush and a comb = both of which i've never used yet, a 'snotter-sooker-ooter' which ive never used yet but it might just come in handy one day, a thermometer which seems fairly accurate but takes a wee while to get to the temperature which could be a bit tricky with a wriggly newborn. i tend to use it when he is feeding. And lastly, nail files, clippers and scissors. The scissors seem a bit rubbish at the minute but this could get better one my boy is a bit older. The clippers are great and a good manageable size and the files great too. I used them when i was too scared to clip his nails! i would recommend this product overall though

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare Kit