5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It!
Straight out of the box this pen has a good, heavy, chunky feel to it.

Concealed in the box it comes in is a blue cartridge, meaning I could use the pen straight away.

Published on 2 Aug 2012 by Gadgetmaniac

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
After having a similar Parker pen that lasted over 20 years I bought this pen for work. However it is very disappointing. Each time it is used the nib has dried out and it takes ages to get the ink to flow, wasting ink. It then still doesn't write very clearly. I wish I hadn't bought it.
Published 8 months ago by SG

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It!, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Parker IM Black Gold Trim Fountain Pen - Medium (Office Product)
Straight out of the box this pen has a good, heavy, chunky feel to it.

When unscrewing the pen to insert the cartridge, I was happy to see that the base of the pen and the ferrule it screws in to are both metal. I have been disappointed on many previous occasions where the body of the pen is metal and the base is plastic, which splits at the drop of a hat if you accidentally overtighten.

The nib feels smooth and free flowing and is a joy to write with

Very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend.

******************FOOTNOTE (7 MONTHS LATER)************************

Still loving it!

I still use this pen every day with great satisfaction. Still as smooth as day one, I have had no problems with it drying up, or anything like that.

IT'S EVEN SURVIVED A FULL CYCLE IN THE WASHING MACHINE WITH NO DETRIMENT
(Yes I'm one of those annoying Blokes that don't empty their shirt pockets before putting their shirt in the washing basket)

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Black and Gold Fountain Pen, 31 Aug 2011
This is an absolutely fantastic budget/beginners fountain pen, although do not think that this means cheap and plastic; the quality is much better than was expected and it is quite heavy (although I love this!). The nib at first looks too small but it writes very smoothly with no skipping/jumping etc. and starts writing immediately. The grip feels really nice and makes the pen look much more expensive. The only improvement I can suggest to Parker would be a gold coloured nib but it still looks the part with the chrome one. Very fast delivery and I would definitely buy from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For Money!, 23 Nov 2010
D. Morgan "Morgie" (West Midlands - UK) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this pen as I wanted a general fountain pen to use at work. I was extremely impressed by the speed of the delivery which was in 2 days from France!

The pen itself is just the right weight & writes smoothly, & looks good so I am impressed & would recommend this as a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars PARKER IM BLACK GOLD TRIM FOUNTAIN PEN MEDIUM, 28 April 2010
David Brown (Oswestry, Shropshire Uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Fountain Pen along with the Gun Metal version also on 26th April 2010. Both pens arrived together within 48 hours - the fastest I have had items delivered through Amazon Marketplace. The price was excellent but the quality of the Fountain Pens ordered was even better, they are beautiful Parker Fountain Pens.

I would most definitely order from this company again - 100%

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, 13 Jan 2011
I own two of these pens now and they are simply great, i use mine every day and other then this one time i've never had a problem with them. The only thing that stops it short of being perfect is the medium nib it comes with, parker says you can get a fine nib but i havent gotten a chance to try that out yet. Still all in all it is a great product and for the price you pay its simply great, i also have to mention that the seller was very prompt even with standard delivry and packaging was easy to deal with aswell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Pen, 22 Nov 2012
This pen is good value, has a nice weight and looks expensive. I've bought a Parker Luxury Converter as well and it works well with this pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Fountain pen., 26 Nov 2012
I have had this Parker IM for a couple of weeks now and have been using it on and off ever since. It was dispatched by Amazon the same day as my order. That's service for you!!!
I was pleasantly surprised when It arrived because it looks and feels like it should have cost Three times more. It is slightly heavier than some of my other pens, and this I like very much. The Gold trim against the black satin finish gives an appearence of quality and that is exactly what you get here.
The medium nib is extremely smooth and the inkflow faultless. I used the cartridge supplied with the pen at first but after buying the Parker Ink Converter I am using Black Quink from the bottle to match the Pen.
Buy this and you will not regret it.
Mine came with a Black pouch too which is a bonus. 5/5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Fountain Pen, 18 Jun 2013
After a week of constant use, this pen is excellent for the money - smooth nib and well balanced. I have a few more expensive pens (Parker and others) but they all tend to bleed ink into the cap when carried in your bag or pocket, some pretty badly, despite their price. The IM tends to dry out if you dont use it for a day or two (one star off for this), which more expensive pens generally will not do, but perhaps this is a small price to pay for clean hands. Would definitely recommend at this price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pen, 7 Feb 2012
Ges (Infinity & Beyond) - See all my reviews
Great Pen, inexpensive but with looks and feel of quality pen. Nicely balanced and fairly heavy. I hate those light things. Medium nib, writes smoothly and good ink flow 95% of the time. Sometimes it feels as if it might be drying up a bit so 4.5* probably more accurate.