on 11 September 2009
I have now read all of Tim LaHayes books on bible related stories and even though I am an athiest I totally enjoyed them from start to finish. If you can get past the continuous referal to scripture underneath there is a great fiction action story line in all his books. I'd recommend it.
on 23 February 2012
When i brought Tim Lahayes' Babylon Rising back with me from the U.S it was the first time i had ever read this genre of book.Right from the start it captivated me and i couldn't put it down.
Michael Murphy is a college proffessor of antiquities,a regular church goer who sometimes goes on quests for artifacts.In Babylon Rising Michael went searching for an artifact for a mysterious millionaire.Also in that book Michaels'wife was murdered which was extremely sad and his faith was tested.In this book we find Michael again working for the same mysterious man who sends him an artifact that he and his assistant must examine,searching for clues.This takes him on his next adventure searching for The Lost Temple of Dagon.
Even though Michael Murphy is a Christian,as is the writer it is not pushed down our throats.We are not given sermons on Christianity but it is there in the background through the book.Michaels'beliefs dosn't stop him researching Bibical prophecies or using his beliefs to help him on his quest.
I would suggest if you havn't already read Babylon Rising then do so before you start on this one,as it will give you a better understanding of what he has been through in his life.This book has no swearing or sex scenes but manages to be entertaining,interesting and quite exciting and for that reason i give it 5*.
In the last book of the series, Professor Murphy is again searching for Biblical artifacts - this time, it's the rod of Aaron and the golden jar of Manna. Thwarting his every move, as usual, is Talon, the fiendish killer.

The plot of this story was exciting; almost as thrilling as Book One. There were plenty of scary and near-death moments. I enjoyed it but I was also hugely disappointed in it; it's the last book but there is no resolution to all the loose ends and unanswered questions. Will Murphy find love? Will the Seven take over the world? Will any of Murphy's friends survive? What about Methuselah? We'll never know.

Fans of the series will like this book; I just wish it was a true finale and not just the final book.
on 17 February 2014
Another good installment in the series must now wait for the next book & the next exciting adventure hurry up please.
on 23 June 2016