Colour: Peppercorn Black|Change
Price:£69.99 - £71.99

on 20 February 2010
I received this coffee maker as a gift at christmas from my sister. She works in a well known kitchen accessory shop & knows what's what in the kitchen world. She bought me this because of its looks & its size (space being tight in my kitchen!). I am so happy she chose this model. It makes hot coffee in about 1 - 2 minutes. Almost as quick as waiting for the kettle to boil. It makes me 2 large mugs or cups, that is just the right amout for me & it stays pretty hot for around 1 hour. I also like to warm my cups on the top of it. I think it looks really cool! It's really easy to clean ae well. I can honestly say I use it every day. I hardly ever use instant coffee anymore.
I would recommend anyone wanting a coffee maker.
on 14 October 2010
I bought this product from Amazon U.K. having done quite a bit of research on coffee makers. I previously owned one that made cappuchino, expresso, and americano, but only used the latter function when I got tired of the other two. The coffee was never piping hot either. However, with the Kenwood, the coffee is great, and hot too.

The downside might be the jug size, i.e. it fills three mugs adequately. I got over this problem by ordering a separate jug from another website. I never regretted this, because they wash well in the dishwasher, and it is handy to have the extra one. They don't chip either, because they have a reinforced rim. I definitely recommend this item.
on 25 April 2010
Bought this on the strength of its other reviews. We drink a lot of coffee and had recently been through two coffee makers with a thermal pot (krups--product now discontinued). Therefore, I was hesitant to buy a glass pot and such a small one. Because coffee begins to burn after 30 minutes (and taste pretty disgusting) we went with the small pot and decided we would just make a fresh pot if we needed to. It has worked out GREAT. Very tidy, brews very fast, makes great coffee and is very basic (which I like; have been through fancy timers, grinders and am glad to be back to a simple system). We do have to remember to turn it off since our other one turned off automatically but no big deal. We have hard water (which is what killed our last two makers) so we use filtered water and descale every two weeks. Love the color too. Not too bright but a bit of color to splash up the kitchen. One slight oddity is that it sometimes drips water from the handle. Not sure why and only requires a sponge to clean it up but keeps it from being perfect. If you only have two coffee drinkers in the morning, it is great. When we have guests, we just make a pot and put it in the flask.
on 25 March 2010
When I was searching for a coffee maker I spent hours sifting through peoples reviews before I chose which machine to buy. So I thought I better do my own review to help others who find themselves in a similar position.

I am delighted with the machine having had it for six weeks. It is very robust and is ideal for small households. It will make 3 mugs full of coffee. The jug measures are spot on. Not only is it very stylish it makes an excellent cup of coffee and I'd highly recommend this machine.
on 7 September 2012
This coffee maker worked like a dream for the first five months but then it started to leak down the handle from the glass coffee container onto my work surface. Now a year later it is leaking from under the machine and the metal has started to corrode on all surfaces that water or steam meets. I can see reading other reviews this is not just a problem with mine.
Such a shame as a good design to look at and ok tasting coffee. Unfortunately year guarantee run out now so have to buy another I guess or write a long letter to Kenwood.
on 6 February 2010
I've updated this review to reflect the design flaws and a fault that has developed.

After a few months the jug develops a problem whereby coffee drips out of the bottom of the handle onto the work surface. This is a complete pain if you have light coloured/stainable worktops as I do. Kenwood replaced my first jug however the second one also developed this problem.

Also, sometimes the machine will only pump through half the water into the coffee compartment and the other half will boil in the water feed area. This leads to a massive amount of condensation and water leaking out of the machine. This issue has started to occur more frequently and even though the machine is only two years old I will have to replace it.
66 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2010
We have tried so many coffee makers as we both love coffee and can't stand instant brands. Most filter machines leave you with a cool or stewed cup of coffee and soon seem to slow down to an almost steady drip and take an age to brew.
The Kenwood is a compact machine with a large well to pour the water into and because it has a 'lip' incorporated in the collar/handle it pours beautifully instead of going everwhere.
The idea of putting your cup on top of the machine, where there is an area specifically for this, means that you start with a warm cup and means that you get a hotter cup of coffee.
It is fast, efficient and easy to use and keep clean, looks solid but modern and delivers the goods. GREAT!
on 2 September 2011
Lovely to look at but leaks every time coffee is made. Water then sizzles and pops on the hotplate and needs to be wiped down.
The coffee is great but it has a bad design fault. I phoned Kenwood customer help and asked if other people had this problem, she said no! I really can not believe this after reading similar problems on Amazon. Would not buy another.
on 25 October 2011
This machine is supposed to make a maximum 6 cups of coffee. This is due to the size of the jug and also the size of the filter that you put the grounds in. Using the spoon provided to measure out the coffee, if you put 6 level spoons of coffee in, because of the small size of the filter, some of it gets passed through into the jug during the brewing process. Therefore you have to put less than 6 scoops in and thus can't get 6 cups of coffee of decent strength. Hope this makes sense. I have to put 5 scoops of coffee in the filter and less water (enough for 4 cups) in order to get coffee of decent strength without drinking grounds. It also comes out lukewarm, so if you add milk or cream you pretty much have to drink it straight away before it gets too cold. However if you leave it on the hot plate, it will increase in temperature. Obviously not an ideal situation. Cute looking machine though, good design, and easy to clean.
on 26 February 2010
I purchase this about 2 weeks ago and I am generally pretty happy with it. It is very simple and straight-forward: put the water in, put the ground coffee in, switch on, switch off - all manual, so few electronic bells & whistles to go wrong. It makes a good cup of coffee and keeps it at a good temperature, BUT it does not make much coffee! It is described as a six cup machine, but the must be pretty small cups. Like a lot of people, I have my coffee in a mug and this machine makes 2.5 mugs of coffee (and I think they are pretty standard sized mugs). I guess this is in line with Kenwood's advice that coffee should be drunk within 30 minutes of brewing. So, great if you are a singleton or a couple who each want one cup of coffee and no more, not without a re-brew, anyway. I timed mine and it took 4 minutes from power on until the last gurgle when brewing a full "6 cup" put, so it is quick. More pluses - nice, robust metal case (but with plastic interior), well designed pot and drip stop mechanism that actually prevents drips. I find the cup warmer pretty useless, to be honest as it only takes a few minutes to brew a pot and the cup does not have time to get warm in the time it takes to brew. So, nice machine and I like it - just wish the did a 12 cup model for those of us who want a third cup without having to clean and re-brew. Only other downside I can see it that it is made in China (I try to avoid Chinese goods for ethical reasons and I would prefer to know where things are manufactured before buying).