on 1 August 2011
This is a fantastic bridge camera that it notably better than the smaller pocket digital camera, but without all the hassle of carrying different lenses. It is also sold at a fantastically low price so I would definitely recommend. It takes lovely pictures and I have taken many with mine. Pictures are superb outside, but I have not found indoor pictures to be terribly good. HD video recording is nice, and the zoom is very powerful and sharp. All round a very good purchase.
on 25 August 2014
Item arrived as described. Well packed and undamaged. I am very satisfied with this pur chase and would deal with t his sellar again.
on 20 May 2013
Very pleased with the quality of images this camera produces. Colours are rich and zoom range is fantastic! Great little camera...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2011
This camera just about falls into the description of a bridge camera. I got it having used one of the smaller Lumix range for a while and having been very happy with their colour interpretation and sharpness. However, the inadequacies and cost cutting measures soon become apparent when placed alongside the big boys.As previously stated in other reviews, it doesn't perform well in bad light although the auto focus does keep it sharp right down to point where flash/tripod is essential.Unfortunately, the artificial methods by which they do this does mean that pixellation occurs before the image has been enlarged to 100% - as opposed to the 300% I'm used to with a Nikkon or equivalent.If you want to crop your photo then, you don't have much zoom to play with. Pictures taken in low light with a zoom end up with a canvas type finish on them. This camera is geared up for sharpness and high colour definition but you get neither when you test it in different lights. You can improve the quality by using a raw image setting but that takes up a lot of memory and for the percentage gain is hardly worthwhile.Annoyingly also, in using the eye piece instead of the LCD display, you end up pressing some of the raised buttons with your face and immobilising the camera when you should be shooting.That's a pretty poor design fault for something that has pretensions to being more serious. Processing power being a little slow, it can also take a while to be usuable when used on the 'burst' setting.I use it a lot in sports mode so that's frustraing when you are missing things you want to be taking or you're pressing the button to shoot and find its, inexplicably, gone to video mode. After the success of the Lumix snap range I was disappointed with this as a bridge camera. On auto its OK but it doesn't stand up to the rigors of any more complicated use. I've always had a Nikon as my 'serious'camera so this is something of a let down.Wish I'd paid the extra as this is a snap camera in a badly-designed bridge camera body.
on 2 December 2010
I was really happy with my new fz35 camera as it seemed to take great quality pictures. Unfortunately, after only 2 months and very little use there was a severe problem with the lense. The camera is under warranty, however I am still waiting for the repairs.