5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Its so rare these days to have all your expectations not only met but exceeded by a product /gadget. This did and it still is the more I use it. Yes its a premium product but the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies here.

Published on 27 Jan 2010 by Andreas Iacovou

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but doesn't 'just work' for old radio shows
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by Alistair Brookes

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Jan 2010
Andreas Iacovou (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sonos Bundle BU250 Including Zoneplayer 90 and 120 Controller (Accessory)

I never used the older versions of this so can't comment on those, but this is superb. Took be about an hour to set up (taking my time), and a further 5 minutes demonstrating to my other half, who now also loves using it.

I use it to listen to internet radio from Greece and Cyprus, music stored on my network hard drive and Last FM. I have set up 3 zones (bought an extra ZP-90) in addition to the included bundle. I use the supplied controller and also a free application on the Ipod Touch which effectively makes the Ipod a second controller!!!

If you love your music you have to get one of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely Great, 5 Jan 2010
This is an insanely great music system - for my money it's as close to hi-fi perfection as you can get. Set up was simple - you're guided through everything and it's all really clear and idiot proof. It's quick too, you're ready to get the music pumping wirelessly around the house in no time.

The one thing I had to play about with was getting rid of a bit of stutter on some tracks. After trying a few different channels on my router, I fixed it by switching to a new channel on the Controller - piece of cake. Anyway, sonos.com has forums and faqs galore for everything you might encounter and a help desk on hand if you need them.

The music sounds brilliant. Multi room music is one of those things you probably think you can live without, but once you've tried it there's no looking back.

The Controller is a beautiful thing, very like an iphone, but sexier. Love the Twitter integration which lets you tweet what you're listening to from the Controller as it plays. Love having Last.fm on there and being able to scrobble through Sonos. Also love the iPod Touch App which is like a perfect replica of the Controller interface and a superb second controller. I'm hoping Spotify will be available soon...

I really can't recommend Sonos highly enough. Just an incredible system!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos Bundle & Mac, 13 Dec 2009
Brilliant product and very quick delivery and set up - you may need to change channel on your wireless router settings if signal being interfered and dropping off Sonos during play mode.

Only downside is the duplication of itunes tracks in your music library.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but doesn't 'just work' for old radio shows, 14 Feb 2012
Alistair Brookes "A" (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had the Sonos system for a while now and have to say that it looks good, sounds good and the touchscreen remote is easy and logical to use. I subscribe to Napster and almost any song you can think of is available to listen to pretty much immediately. In addition the boxes all seem to be well built and robust, whilst the compact size and simple styling means that they only take over the room with their sound not their appearance.

However, now to the problems:
- About once a fortnight the controller will just freeze, with the screen locking itself and it refusing to respond to any commands. At this point the only solution I've found is to leave it off its recharging dock until it runs out of battery, resets itself and can be recharged.
- The more annoying issue though is that I intended to use the system mainly for catching up on the week's radio whilst I cook (Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra - both easily available from iplayer which Sonos strangely doesn't support) but frustratingly the controller will find the programme I want (nice and easily) but then say that it is unable to play it as it can't connect to Radiotime (the internet radio show provider). This occurs c.80% of the time when I try and play a radio show from the previous week and sometimes even happens when I have my PC on, connected to Radiotime and playing the show I'm after on the PC! Sadly there is no way to transfer the sound from my PC, which is also running the Sonos software to my Sonos system via the Sonos bridge. I have spent several months emailing Sonos technical support and they are unable to resolve the issue so it just seems to be an issue of 'oh well, our system doesn't work very well for that'.

So, rant over, this is an excellent system if you want to listen to music (from your PC or over the internet) but an appalling one if you want to catch up on radio shows.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonos Should Get 5 Stars, 11 May 2010
I bought the BU250, A Bridge and a S5. The best thing I have done. The remote (CR200) is a breeze to use with a logical layout and a great colour touch screen interface. The iPhone app is just as good and easy to use.
To Plug it all in took a little over 5 mins but most of that was changing the settings on my amp.
I did have a little trouble getting going with loading in my music to the desktop controller but after having a live/instant chat with somebody on the Sonos website he had me up and running. (turned out I had been to eager and missed a step. 5* online service from Sonos)

It is great getting so many crystal clear radio stations and being able to use the system as my alarm clock was an added bonus. You can set the alarms for any zone or all and have it go off more than once.

However I should be giving this 5 stars but have had to give it 4 stars because there is one thing I have been frustrated with. The desktop controller is just that. You can't use your computer as a zone which means you would have to buy an additional zone player for a room which your computer is in. This is expensive considering your computer should be a perfectly capable player and annoying as I spend a lot of my time walking between rooms but can't have music in the room I spend most my time in. Sonos should consider changing this as it could put off a few people from buying an otherwise faultless system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly impressive music product!!, 22 Feb 2010
This system is an absolute joy to use. I truly enjoy my music throughout the house! The remote makes all the difference - I also used the Iphone remote and while excellent, the Controller 200 is incredibly polished.

Even a week in - I am still excited about the fact that I got this. It is an amazing product - massively polished and a joy to use...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great upgrade to an already great product range, 22 Aug 2009
K. O'Connor (London) - See all my reviews
A great product! For those looking for a sound system for your home, Sonos is a great product, either wired or wireless. Dead easy to set up, and easy and a pleasure to use.

For those already familiar with Sonos, the difference between this and the BU150 bundle is that it ships with the new colour touchscreen. It is really great to use! Very much the iPod/iPhone feel about it. The colour screen is big enough to be useful, but small enough to be not considered bulky. It is very responsive and looks the part.

A great buy - highly ecommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to start a Sonos system, 4 Jan 2011
David B (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
The Sonos system is expensive but if you have the money it's well worth buying. I've wanted one for a while and finally made the purchase. The bundle is a good way to start if you want an amplified and non amplified player and saves on the cost of buying each item individually. It's easy to set up and register all the players and the sound quality is great. When zones are linked there is no delay, so as I walk from room to room there is no difference in the music. The controller is well designed with useful features, like Alarm and sleep timer. I also purchased a Sonos S5 for my bedroom and have set an alarm to wake me in the morning with a radio station, you can then set how long it will stay on for. I set mine for 1hr so I get up get ready and go to work and it will turn itself off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos bu250 bundle, 1 Jan 2011
E. Bentley (London UK) - See all my reviews
We bought two of these early December (just missed out on an amazing price but still got them for 789.99 each on Amazon)
Firstly they were so easy to connect to our router etc and the remote controller is fabulous - it allows you to link 1-many zones and play the same music in each zone/room, or alternatively you can have 1-many zones/rooms each playing their own music.. Quality excellent, packaging first rate, would definitely recommend, and will be buying extras from this range when needed. This, in my opinion, is the best multi room player for ease of use, quality and fun out there!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos - a revolution, 28 Dec 2010
Mark Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm slightly shocked to be comparing the Sonos to the ubiquitous iPod but it reminds me very much of the iPods revolutionary way of listening to your chosen tunes. Where the iPod opened up your entire music collection, the Sonos opens up your entire house as a single place to listen to music, or radio, or downloads. Controller works brilliantly too. Sound quality compared to my Apple TV is also in a different league. I can only say it once, buy it! I'm running it on a wired network and didn't even need to install the Sonos software. It just works.

ARRAY(0xa47e1f0c)