on 20 January 2010
The PMF 180 E is probably the best DiY tool I have ever bought and has been in constant use since the day I bought it. It does, however, have one failing, and that is that these blades get blunt rather quickly, and are not cheap either. It is probably unlikely, but I do hope some third party might start making cheaper versions and/or Bosch develop a longer-lasting tooth profile. The great tool itself does really merit more research in this area.
on 1 April 2010
The Bosch PMF 180E is a fantastic tool that allows you to do jobs that are simply not possible with other power tools. The design of the tool and the blades allows you to cut flush with surfaces and this blade will cut wood with ease. Being able to cut directly into wood without having to drill out the wood and then use a jigsaw etc is a real advantage....as is the fact you can get this blade into positions that would not be possible with other tools. The blade can wear out quickly depending upon the wood you are cutting and the blades are expensive....but...because they allow you to do jobs you could not otherwise do the cost is worth it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 September 2012
The Bosch PMF 180 E Multifunctional All-rounder is a brilliant tool, so handy for many jobs that in the past were either really difficult to do or just not possible.

In use for the 4th job I have done I found that the cutting edge of the saw blade had worn out when it started to smoke and burn its way through some 7mm ply wood instead of cutting. I'm sure you have read the other reviews that have complained about the expense of replacement blades and all I can really do is echo their frustration. I suppose you never really think of the cost of spares when you are buying something but I will in the future.

However despite the cost of replacements I would still give the tool a 5 star review because it really has been so brilliant in what you can do with it, the spares at these prices I think I have been quite generous to give 4 stars.
on 29 October 2011
I don't use a Bosch. I use a tool from Argos which takes Bosch blades. These are great for solving the problem of cutting door jambs. However, I bought mine from Amazon for £2.50 but the current price is £14.50. That is exhorbitant! Unfortunately the blades go blunt in no time. So at that price the cost per door is huge. If you're going to lay flooring in your whole house prepare to spend £100+ on blades. Because of the price I can only give it two stars.
on 29 January 2013
It's well enough documented that the PMF 180 E is a great little gadget which gives a hitherto unknown level of flexibility to both handymen and professionals alike. Whether cutting out a well for a doormat or simply cutting back a skirting board in situ, this gadget does it all. My only gripe is that while I don't mind paying a top price for a quality product I find the length of time that the blade keeps its edge to be very disappointing. I think this could be a serious issue for Bosch particularly in view of the fact that other manufacturers are now bringing their own version of the machine on line. I have friends in the trade voicing the same complaint and hope that someone at Bosch is listening.

This is an update to my last review and my complaint regarding the lifespan of the blade of the Bosch PMF180 E.
This worked for me so it might work for you. Before using the last blade I bought, I held it over a gas ring -using a pair of pliars of course until the teeth on the tip of the blade turned red. I then plunged the blade into a bowl of cold water to temper the steel. I've since used the blade on many occasions to cut both softwood and hardwood and it still has a keen edge.
on 1 May 2011
The tool is a great innovation and is wonderful to use in all sorts of places that were hard to tackle before. (Mind you, ours failed after the third use, but my partner was able to rig it so we could carry on using it) However the great drawback is the expense of the frequent replacement of these blades - they wear out fast!
on 3 July 2011
I don't know what I'd do without my multi-function tool, it's brilliant and every handy man should have one. But the cost of accessories and blades is a bit shocking. I'm just waiting for some other company to start making these things at a more competitive price.
on 7 September 2010
Previous reviewers Jenner & Wilson put it exactly right: I have nothing to add but total agreement.
A darn good tool I've been waiting a long time for.
on 5 January 2013
Very useful part for a tool. However it does not last very long what is a problem because it price is quite high. Bosch will need to find a subcontractor who is prepared to produce something similar but at a cheapest price. Regarding to the seller service it was very good the part arrived in time and according to my expectations. I would recommend it
on 7 September 2011
This is indeed a real innovative tool and makes tackling those tricky jobs not so much of a pain to have to do. However Bosch really are taking the prevebial .... charging what they do for the blades etc. I understand the need for profit but it does come across as sheer gred as they know they have us multi tool users over a barrel.