As soon as this is played at a disco, everyone gains a smile, and most leap up to dance. Jackie DeShannon wrote it, but the Searchers made it famous.

And then there is the subtle extra-low bass line as well. Great!

But of course the best way to appreciate this, and all their other top tracks, is by buying the CD this MP3 is taken from The Searchers: The Very Best Of. Or better, The Searchers 40th Anniversary Collection which has all the originals, plus several unreleased early tracks, lots of their later material, and some of their most recent recordings, in all fifty-four tracks on two tightly packed CDs.
on 30 December 2013
I purchased this Mp3 version of The Search When You Walk In The Room. As my old record was passed it best to play. I remember getting my older sister's copy and playing on the recordplayer, Mono of course, a great single and it stands the test of time.
on 26 April 2014
I can't say I ever raved about this when I was younger, but I heard it on the radio recently & wanted to hear it again. Since I bought it, I've played it many times, & sang along with it as well (I'm sorry to say).
on 5 June 2012
Heard a track of theirs being used somewhere which reminded me to go and add some of their tracks to my collection. Buying individual tracks that you want is such a good idea.
on 23 February 2014
This is a great song from a great era of good music and is still one of my favourite songs.
on 12 August 2015
GREAT SOUNDING MUSIC FROM THE SIXTIES GOOD RECORD.
on 5 December 2015
Boogie classic that I just had to download!!
on 23 March 2015
Good to hear it again in good quality
on 8 February 2016