Size: 8 UK|Colour: Brown|Change

on 24 November 2010
I am three years into my second pair of these and can only say how "fantastic" they are. First pair wore through the soles after 4 years of 6/7 miles a day of dog walking.
Only complaint is the fact that the laces only last 18 months !
on 9 October 2010
Excellent very comfortable, lightweight walking shoe. I have used these for years. Takes along time to wear these out. Several years in fact in daily use.
on 2 March 2011
This review applies to the brown colour particularly. Shoe is a nice dark brown colour as new. In use, the leather will scuff to a slightly lighter colour. A thin coat of good old fashioned Dubbin brings them up a treat and will keep them waterproof.

The uppers are waterproof with a sewn in tongue. The lace eyelets are well attached and strong. The laces are good quality and last well. There is a soft padded area around the ankle which means that they don't rub.

Sole is a chunky and grippy Vibram rubber which lasts well in use. It is also sufficiently stiff to provide protection from sharp stones and gravel.

Comfy on first wearing but, like all good shoes, benefit from a few weeks of breaking in to loosen the sole off a bit. The leather will also soften and mould itself to your foot. reasonably generous width fitting, ideal for wearing with a thick pair of socks.

I rate these shoes very highly and they are ideal for rambling where a full boot is not merited but a good walking shoe is required. Note that these shoes are made in Italy and use continental sizing i.e. UK size 9 is actually a 43 supplied. I don't find this a problem but I know that some people find continental sizing is an issue.
on 28 March 2010
I have had my Dartmoor Hiking shoes now for 6 months. I walk my dog about 3 miles every day over rough terrain in all conditions. They have remained entirely waterproof and comfortable throughout. Hardly any wear and must be good for at least another 6 months. That will work out at over 1000 miles which is impressive. Highly recommended. You can pay twice as much and get a much inferior product.
on 9 December 2011
After purchasing an inferior pair of walking shoes, I am pleased to say these shoes are comfortable, well built, waterproof, and look like they will last a long time. You don't need to break them in much either, as they are comfortable to wear straight from the box.

The shoes feel a little heavier on my feet than other shoes I bought over the years, but you soon adjust to this.

The sole is thick (it gives you an extra inch or so in height!,) provides enough grip, and shows no sign of wearing away. They provide good heel support, and don't rub on my ankles.

The laces haven't split or stated to wear out, and seem strong enough. As well, they are the correct length (for a decent knot,) and don't drag on the floor.

If you have wide feet then these should fit without many worries. I usually have problems with this, as most shoes are too narrow, but the width is good enough and not too tight. The length is likewise, and although I expected a little more room, they fit snugly.

I walk for around 1-and-a-half hours (sometimes 2 hours) per day - on & off road. Just over three months later, these shoes have delivered every thing you could need, and remain as comfortable and robust as when I bought them.

I use a protector spray every now and then, and a nubuck block to remove any scuffs, which seems to work well.

I would thoroughly recommend these shoes to any one looking for a reliable & comfortable shoe, to withstand use on a daily basis.

For the price (£70 with free delivery when I bought them,) you get what you pay for, which in this case is a brilliant pair of shoes, built to last. 5 out of 5 stars.
on 11 July 2011
I am extremely pleased with these shoes. An excellent product at an excellent price AND made in Italy too.
They are a generous size - I bought size 8 and can wear them comfortably with a thick sock. In my opinion there is no need to buy a larger size than you normally wear. You would expect to pay far more than this for such a quality shoe.
on 19 August 2010
I bought a pair of Grisport Dartmoors a week ahead of my walking holiday when my trusted old pair of walking boots finally gave up on me after 13 years. This shoe was amazing. I didn't have to wear them in. Wearing standard hiking socks, I never had any blisters during my 2-week holiday during which I wore these shoes practically all day, everyday. They are extremely durable and gave my feet more than enough support. They are heavy enough to keep grip but not too heavy so was not tiring for my legs (a tricky one for a shoe to get right since I am 24 weeks pregnant). I would recommend this shoe to anyone who is looking for a great pair of walking shoes which, I am sure, will last longer than my previous pair.
on 14 May 2011
I have always enjoyed outdoor activities; walking especially. Up until now I have not considered the need for special walking shoes. So this was my very first purchase of shoes designed for walking. What a difference they make, they felt comfortable from the first and after several walks I look forward to getting my feet into them and setting off. A great buy, so I can recommend these shoes from personal experience.
on 9 April 2012
I have had a lot of difficulty in recent years trying to find a really comfortable walking 'shoe'?

I've paid as much as £100 or more only to find most were either too tight, not waterproof, didn't last long and soon fell apart? I've trolled hundreds of websites and shops but never ever came close to acquiring a shoe that I wanted...till now!!

I think we are all aware the vast difference shoe sizes are, I'm normally a size 11 and have had size 10's fit like size 12's and vice versa!

I saw these advertised on Amazon in July 2011, read all the reviews... all 4 or 5 star, no lesser ones, and the product seemed too good to be true?

I ordered the size 12 immediately, taking into account the socks etc... and when they arrived, I was most impressed by the quality of the material how well the shoe was put together. The shoe fitted like a glove, I suffer aching feet even before I go for a walk, but these shoes were like putting on my slippers.... Yes, they were that comfortable!!!

It is now April 2012... had the shoes 8 months now, walk on average of 2 mile a day across the cliffs and hard paths of West Cornwall.. and they still look brand new!!! I'm not even considering buying a new pair yet as it looks as if these will last a few good years!

I would recommend them to anyone... they are the Best of the Rest!

I would recommend at least once a week, and after they get wet (on the outside, they are completely waterproof) to use dubbing as routine maintenance, that way the leather will stay supple and last for years.

UPDATE!!!
December. 2013.... Amazing shoes! Still going strong... a bit of wear now but no splits or anything significant. Never ever had a pair of walking shoes last so long as these, wear them nearly ever day.
on 28 August 2011
I bought a pair of these to replace a pair of Merrells that quite simply fell apart. When I first opened the box and got my first look at the Dartmoor's, I thought they looked quite clunky and I thought they would be quite heavy too. On the contrary, they are constructed well, not heavy at all and have a superb, comfortable fit. And as for my original 'clunky' description - WRONG!!! I use these for general use and walking my dogs but I've no doubt in my mind I could use them for more engaging terrain and they'd cope superbly. As well as that I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. The price was very fair.