5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best
Excellent very comfortable, lightweight walking shoe. I have used these for years. Takes along time to wear these out. Several years in fact in daily use.
Published on 9 Oct 2010 by Mark de Bee

3.0 out of 5 stars Jury is still out on re achilles tendon claims
I was going to buy the Ravine shoes after reading a review that said they were slightly better fitting than the Dartmoor but went for these in the end as they were cheaper and the reviews seemed good.

The blurb on Grisports website says the shoes are good for achilles tendon problems and, as I have achilles tedinopathy, this is why I chose them. I expected them...
Published 20 months ago by R. Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 9 Oct 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 years on, 24 Nov 2010
This review is from: Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe (Apparel)
I am three years into my second pair of these and can only say how "fantastic" they are. First pair wore through the soles after 4 years of 6/7 miles a day of dog walking.
Only complaint is the fact that the laces only last 18 months !

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Product, 28 Mar 2010
A. K. Jenkin (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe (Apparel)
I have had my Dartmoor Hiking shoes now for 6 months. I walk my dog about 3 miles every day over rough terrain in all conditions. They have remained entirely waterproof and comfortable throughout. Hardly any wear and must be good for at least another 6 months. That will work out at over 1000 miles which is impressive. Highly recommended. You can pay twice as much and get a much inferior product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent medium weight walking shoe, 2 Mar 2011
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe (Apparel)
This review applies to the brown colour particularly. Shoe is a nice dark brown colour as new. In use, the leather will scuff to a slightly lighter colour. A thin coat of good old fashioned Dubbin brings them up a treat and will keep them waterproof.

The uppers are waterproof with a sewn in tongue. The lace eyelets are well attached and strong. The laces are good quality and last well. There is a soft padded area around the ankle which means that they don't rub.

Sole is a chunky and grippy Vibram rubber which lasts well in use. It is also sufficiently stiff to provide protection from sharp stones and gravel.

Comfy on first wearing but, like all good shoes, benefit from a few weeks of breaking in to loosen the sole off a bit. The leather will also soften and mould itself to your foot. reasonably generous width fitting, ideal for wearing with a thick pair of socks.

I rate these shoes very highly and they are ideal for rambling where a full boot is not merited but a good walking shoe is required. Note that these shoes are made in Italy and use continental sizing i.e. UK size 9 is actually a 43 supplied. I don't find this a problem but I know that some people find continental sizing is an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking outdoor shoe, 5 Jan 2011
Mr. P. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
Recent poor weather prompted me to look for a shoe that was able to cope with snowy conditions but was practical enough to wear for work and to drive in. What a cracking pair of shoes. They fit perfectly out of the box and provide all round support and comfort. They have a real quality feel about them, the leather uppers look and feel durable and the sole is absolutely solid. The only problem I have had is when the snow turned to solid ice and formed ridges, I turned my ankle in them when boots might have offered more protection. I am confident this shoe will cope with all other weather conditions and cant wait to get more miles under my belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiking shoes - quality product, 11 July 2011
I am extremely pleased with these shoes. An excellent product at an excellent price AND made in Italy too.
They are a generous size - I bought size 8 and can wear them comfortably with a thick sock. In my opinion there is no need to buy a larger size than you normally wear. You would expect to pay far more than this for such a quality shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect walking shoe, 19 Aug 2010
R. A. Addruse (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe (Apparel)
I bought a pair of Grisport Dartmoors a week ahead of my walking holiday when my trusted old pair of walking boots finally gave up on me after 13 years. This shoe was amazing. I didn't have to wear them in. Wearing standard hiking socks, I never had any blisters during my 2-week holiday during which I wore these shoes practically all day, everyday. They are extremely durable and gave my feet more than enough support. They are heavy enough to keep grip but not too heavy so was not tiring for my legs (a tricky one for a shoe to get right since I am 24 weeks pregnant). I would recommend this shoe to anyone who is looking for a great pair of walking shoes which, I am sure, will last longer than my previous pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, built to last shoe. Recommended!, 9 Dec 2011
M. Walton (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe (Apparel)
After purchasing an inferior pair of walking shoes, I am pleased to say these shoes are comfortable, well built, waterproof, and look like they will last a long time. You don't need to break them in much either, as they are comfortable to wear straight from the box.

The shoes feel a little heavier on my feet than other shoes I bought over the years, but you soon adjust to this.

The sole is thick (it gives you an extra inch or so in height!,) provides enough grip, and shows no sign of wearing away. They provide good heel support, and don't rub on my ankles.

The laces haven't split or stated to wear out, and seem strong enough. As well, they are the correct length (for a decent knot,) and don't drag on the floor.

If you have wide feet then these should fit without many worries. I usually have problems with this, as most shoes are too narrow, but the width is good enough and not too tight. The length is likewise, and although I expected a little more room, they fit snugly.

I walk for around 1-and-a-half hours (sometimes 2 hours) per day - on & off road. Just over three months later, these shoes have delivered every thing you could need, and remain as comfortable and robust as when I bought them.

I use a protector spray every now and then, and a nubuck block to remove any scuffs, which seems to work well.

I would thoroughly recommend these shoes to any one looking for a reliable & comfortable shoe, to withstand use on a daily basis.

For the price (70 with free delivery when I bought them,) you get what you pay for, which in this case is a brilliant pair of shoes, built to last. 5 out of 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sponsored Walking, 14 May 2011
I have always enjoyed outdoor activities; walking especially. Up until now I have not considered the need for special walking shoes. So this was my very first purchase of shoes designed for walking. What a difference they make, they felt comfortable from the first and after several walks I look forward to getting my feet into them and setting off. A great buy, so I can recommend these shoes from personal experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grisport Dartmoor hiking show., 31 Jan 2011
Mr. Russell S. Symons "Russ." (Plymouth. UK.) - See all my reviews
These are probably the best Hiking shoes I have ever purchased regardless of price. If there is a moan it is regarding sizes. I take an English seven and a half normally. with thick sox an eight. These size 8's seem slightly sloppy even with thick sox.

Grisport Unisex Dartmoor Hiking Shoe