Size: 10 UK|Colour: Brown|Change

on 6 December 2010
This review refers to size 9 (continental size 43).

Bought these to replace another pair of Grisports that lasted ages and were very comfortable.

I found these extremely comfortable straight out the box and a perfect fit with a nice thick pair of socks. I expect the Vibram sole to last well (the previous pair did). They are waterproof.

Although not an extreme walking shoe, these are perfectly capable for moderate rambling and rock hopping. The sole is flexible but resilient enough to enable walking on rough ground, rocks or sharp gravel. The uppers are a supple brown leather with a slightly matt finish. With a clean and polish, they are also good enough looking to get away with for casual wear.
on 17 December 2010
This is the second pair of these shoes I have owned. The previous pair, which are still going strong, though the soles are finally wearing thin, have lasted me for over 3 years, having been worn most days in all weathers.

The shoes are sturdy and comfortable. The pair I have ordered though Amazon are the same and I look forward to another 3 years of use.

UPDATE
It is now 2015 and the ones I ordered in 2010 have finally worn out after almost daily use in all weathers. I want to order another pair to keep me going until 2020 but I have to wait until the size I want comes back into stock. Best shoes I've ever had.
on 31 May 2011
Relates to UK Size 9 (43) - These shoe's are amazing quality and feel great on the feet straight out of the box! Really soft, dark brown leather......trendy & modern design - a great buy. Wouldn't hesitate recommending...These shoe's are typical Italian quality - 5 star+. GriSport shoes are a real find for the cost.
on 13 July 2015
I purchased these to replace a pair of Grisport Ravine shoes, which I am having re-heeled after 10 months and around 1200 miles of dog walking.
Whilst these shoes are a little lighter than my old ones, they are just as well made. The fit is exactly as you would expect and the comfort is second to none.
All in all, Grisport shoes are excellent value for money, as is shown by the fact that I am able to have them repaired after a lot of walking rather than throwing them out.
on 27 July 2013
One of the most comfortable shoes,hiking or otherwise,I've ever worn. A mentioned in other reviews,these shoes can easily pass muster as smart-ish dress wear but they really come into their own as trail shoes. I've been wearing them regularly for over a year now and have walked many a mile along Birmingham's canal and trail paths.These shoes have never let me down. Completely waterproof and hard wearing, their comfort and durability compare well to far more expensive brands. These shoes are one of the best bargains on Amazon. Come October I'm going to treat myself to another pair.That will mean that I've only had them for 18 months BUT I stress that I do an awful lot of walking ie about 50 miles plus a week and they have lasted far longer than some of the trendier brands out there. If you are looking for a three season shoe; and trust me these shoes don't do too badly in the snow either, then this is the product for you. Grisport Men's Exmoor Hiking Shoe
on 12 March 2016
This is my third pair of these shoes and I think they're very good. I walk 3-4 miles day, most of which is along a footpath that leads into the town where I work. The shoes are excellent for everyday wear and for waking along paved or gravel footpaths. However, I would never wear them for long walks on dirt (or muddy) paths or through fields. They're just not well designed for that type of walk.

The shoes hold up well if you take care of them. I live in Scotland, so I use leather waterproofing wax every so often to protect the leather from rain.

The shoes are comfortable, but not as much as shoes from Ecco. That being said, these shoes seem far more robust than Ecco shoes. The first two pairs I had lasted just under twelve months each (I wear through Ecco's in about 6 months; remember that 12 months of wear for me is about 1200 miles). The shoes finally wear down on the soles and on the inner lining of the heel.
on 23 September 2013
Just taken del. of a pair of the above to replace a pair I bought 12 years ago. Cant believe that Ive had exactly the same pair to replace them. As I unboxed the new ones, I took the old ones to the bin, sorry to see them go, but. Genuine Vibram soles, none of these "copy" quality types. So cumfy. Nice & wide. Like an old friend coming home. If you are a bit of an out doors type or dog walker. THese will suite you no end. The price has actually come down over all these years.
on 26 December 2013
Shoes are beginning to feel comfortable after being broken in after a few walks. If you have wide feet a size bigger would help or else get thin insoles. For a product that had been used as a demonstration model they were in excellent condition and the price was excellent as it basically was 50% off the full retail price. The shoes are excellent for walking in all types of weather. In icy conditions and on greasy surfaces they have poor grip so you need to thread carefully. They have the feel of a boot and are heavier than trainers but are stylish enough for ordinary everyday use as they look like a chunky shoe. Being used to walking in good quality trainers it takes a little while to adjust to the less flexible sole of the shoe. Going to relace the thin insoles with thicker ones to see if this improves comfort of shoes as after a few 5 mile walks still find the soles hard and a little uncomfortable.
A year later shoes well broken in but really have no grip in icy / greasy surfaces
At the end of year two shoes still going strong with a little TLC with cleaning and polishing to keep 100% waterproof. Have read up on the Grisport Ravine shoe and will probably purchase for a change. Good value shoe for all purpose walking.
on 6 November 2014
I live out in the country and have used Grisport Exmoor shoes for a number of years. They are waterproof, have Vibram soles and I find them very comfortable.

My local shoe shop is no longer stocking this particular shoe so I was pleased to find it on Amazon.
My only gripe is that whilst this is an Italian metric sized shoe the seller quotes English sizes. I knew that I needed a size 43 but had to order an English size 9 and hope that it was correct.
It would be better if the seller listed the actual metric sizes so that people knew exactly what they were getting.
on 16 May 2011
Early days but these walking shoes are performing very well - good comfortable fit from the start, good grip and give a spring to the step! And so far very waterproof. Slight drawback is the feet tend to get a little hot if worn over an extended period, otherwise excellent.