5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault
I have had these boots for a couple of months now and they are perfect in every way. They have nice high ankle support, a high water-proofing line and sticky Vibram soles. They were comfortable from the off and are surprising light weight for their size. There isn't much else to say really other than they are worth the money and I will see if they stand the test of time.
Published on 7 Mar 2010 by JTW

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but don't last long
This was my first time of buying boots online but the Amazon price on these boots was so good I took the plunge. Despite my concerns the boots fitted brilliantly and were comfortable straight out of the box.

Published 3 months ago by Mr. S. Palframan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault, 7 Mar 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Grisport Crusader Boots - Forget Brasher et al - These are the best!, 11 Jan 2012
Simply put... these boots are the best footwear I have ever owned, without even a hint of exaggeration!

I thoroughly researched serious walking / hiking boots between 50 - 150, paying particular attention to all user reviews available on Amazon and across the web. The usual names cropped up with some very respectable offerings from Brasher, Berghaus, North Face and Hi-Tec. While many of the choices out there had a high number of pros, they also without exception had a number of cons; there seemed to be few walking / hiking boots available with all the features and functionality required in one neat product. The fully featured boots out there such as Scarpa, Meindl and Mammut are mostly 150+, while it seems that there is an inproportionate gulf between quality boots and the high street consumer tat peddled around the 100 mark, with few options between.

Anyway I looked into Grisport. They are an Italian company which manufactures all of its' products within Europe, including components and materials. They've been manufacturing some of the world's most comfortable and durable boots since 1977. Almost all the aforementioned brands are manufactured in China or similar, having been designed elsewhere (much like Apple lol). The Crusader Boots have beautiful, premium quality Italian leather uppers, patented waterproofed linings which work flawlessly and a vibram sole which resists even the toughest ground. My boots have been comfortable from day 1, no breaking-in period, just the way they should be. I appreciate the design which has been invested in these boots; almost every design cue follows a practical reason so that the form follows function and not vice-versa. They are flawlessly engineered.

You will not buy a better pair of walking / hiking boots than these for less than 150... period. Buy them you won't regret it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Grisport Men's Crusader Hiking Boot (Apparel)
i have had these boots for a few months now and cant think of a single fault. comfortable straight out the box, zero breaking in required. they have a very grippy sole and offer excellent ankle support. i have worn them in deep snow for hours and my feet remained dry and warm. these boots are brilliant value for money mine cost 70 from javari.
i recommend anyone looking for walking boots to seriously consider these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Boots, 28 Sep 2010
A. Martin "Ady" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had these boots a few weeks now. The only Reason they are not getting a 5 star is because I cannot vouch for the durability yet.
These boots are excellently built and instantly comfortable, although it did take 2-3 miles of breaking in before the front part of the shoe fit me perfectly.
I decided to add an extra insole to these boots but I always do that as i seem to have quite shallow feet, this is not a reflection on the boot. The lacing system is excellent and I particularly like the locking cleats.
It was dry on my first few walks out with these but earlier this week it really pounded down, I decided it was a good opportunity to test the waterproofing on my new boots. I deliberately waded through long soaking wet grass fields and muddy puddles (my dog thought i'd gone mad!!) and can report that absolutely nothing had got through to my socks.
The sole offers excellent grip and I also find that for a big pair of boots, they don't feel heavy on your feet and your steps feel soft on the ground.
All I expect at this price point really is high quality materials, quality workmanship and 100% waterproofness.
These boots tick all those boxes and look great too.
Hopefully they will last me a few years. If they're still going strong in 2 years time, I'll return and make this review a 5 star.

Well, One year down and boots are still going strong. I've treated them with graingers wax a few times as well as giving them a good clean from time to time but apart from that, they look after themselves. still comfortable, still 100 percent waterproof and still happy i purchased them, so much so in fact that I've just bought a pair of Grisport Everest for my wife. I hope they're as good as these boots are. Up to 4 and a half stars for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, 11 April 2011
Having had a miserable walk in boots that leaked, I needed to buy a new pair that were both comfortable and totally waterproof. I am delighted with my Grisport Crusaders. They were comfortable from the first 10k walk in them and they have proved to be waterproof when out walking in the rain and trailing through long, wet grass. They seem like tough, practical boots that will last me some time. They are reasonably light and the high 'cuffs' provide good ankle support. An excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous boots for walking, 12 Jan 2011
I bought the Crusaders at the same time as the Edge boots and love both of them! The Crusaders though have been getting worn more as the snow continues to fall.... I walk my dog up a hill, a dirt track road that rarely gets cleared of the snow and while these boots aren'y totally slip proof, the Vibram sole is pretty darn good! It's also a little meatier than the Edge sole and has so far been excellent up that hill.

Walking through the snow would normally have my feet wet, but these boots have kept my feet totally dry and warm. They were comfortable straight out of the box, no breaking in for me which is a bonus as I have broad feet. These boots are wide and are still very comfortable with two pairs of socks, which I always wear when I walk. The boots support your ankle, being higher than the Edge and I had a little adjustment in getting used to that but I have to say that out in the snow, up that hill, they come into their own and that extra support does its job well. You feel totally supported in these boots and confident that they'll keep you dry, warm and protected.

The lacing system is excellent and keep your feet in the boots without movement. Make sure your socks are on properly as you'll have to undo the boots to fix them. The tongue has a fold system that keeps water and snow out and is locked under the laces. The Crusaders are lightweight considering the support they give and while you know you're wearing them, that also becomes a nice familiarity in this snow.

The sales page here says they are mens and yet in my basket they said womens (perhaps because of the smaller sizer?) The box says neither as they are truly unisex boots and like the lighter Edge, worth every single penny. I wear them all the time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but don't last long, 7 Jan 2014
Mr. S. Palframan "steve28866" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews

However after about 12 months the leather started to split where it attached to the sole of the shoe and then leaked water. When I got round to contacting Grisport it was outside their 12 month warranty so they wouldn't replace the boots but instead gave me 25 towards my next purchase which - guess what - did the same thing after about 9 months.

Basically they're an entry level boot that doesn't last nearly as long as they should which in turn makes them not really very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots, 16 Nov 2011
These are fantastic boots. I was able to wear them on a 10 mile walk right out of the box. They are warm and comfortable and 100% waterproof yet they are really light on the feet. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Take a look at Javari first as you often seem to get a better price there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good boots for the price, 25 May 2013
I have had these Grisport Crusader walking boots for nearly a year and use them regularly for walking the dog in lowland conditions.

They are comfortable and very well made and unlike my previous Brasher boots which had very thin leather, have not cracked along the uppers where they bend when walking.

Water-proofing has been effective and I have not had blisters from them.

Italians are renowned for quality leather goods and I think these boots are a premium product at a competitive price.

I would buy another pair when these (eventually) need replacing.

Update December 2013 - 18 Months On.

Still rating as excellent. Comfortable, particularly after being worn a few times. Well made the leather uppers and Vibram sole are still in good shape and they don't leak. Unlike previous Brashers, they haven't split on the uppers where the foot flexes. All in all, a great boot. The Italians do know about leather & footwear. I would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, 24 Mar 2013
Had these boots over a year now, and I have worn them as 'winter walking boots' almost daily for six months.

They must have covered many hundreds of miles by now and they have proved to be very comfortable,
waterproof and very rugged. They are showing very little wear even after all those miles,
(and I am notoriously hard on footwear).

I bought one size larger than normal shoe size and wear decent thick socks and just forget about them.
Occasional cleaning and treatment with Grainger's G Wax brings them back to almost new.

Money very well spent.