5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It!
Straight out of the box this pen has a good, heavy, chunky feel to it.

Concealed in the box it comes in is a blue cartridge, meaning I could use the pen straight away.

Published on 2 Aug. 2012 by Gadgetmaniac

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
After having a similar Parker pen that lasted over 20 years I bought this pen for work. However it is very disappointing. Each time it is used the nib has dried out and it takes ages to get the ink to flow, wasting ink. It then still doesn't write very clearly. I wish I hadn't bought it.
Published 16 months ago by SG

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It!, 2 Aug. 2012
Straight out of the box this pen has a good, heavy, chunky feel to it.

When unscrewing the pen to insert the cartridge, I was happy to see that the base of the pen and the ferrule it screws in to are both metal. I have been disappointed on many previous occasions where the body of the pen is metal and the base is plastic, which splits at the drop of a hat if you accidentally overtighten.

The nib feels smooth and free flowing and is a joy to write with

Very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend.

******************FOOTNOTE (7 MONTHS LATER)************************

Still loving it!

I still use this pen every day with great satisfaction. Still as smooth as day one, I have had no problems with it drying up, or anything like that.

IT'S EVEN SURVIVED A FULL CYCLE IN THE WASHING MACHINE WITH NO DETRIMENT
(Yes I'm one of those annoying Blokes that don't empty their shirt pockets before putting their shirt in the washing basket)

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Black and Gold Fountain Pen, 31 Aug. 2011
This is an absolutely fantastic budget/beginners fountain pen, although do not think that this means cheap and plastic; the quality is much better than was expected and it is quite heavy (although I love this!). The nib at first looks too small but it writes very smoothly with no skipping/jumping etc. and starts writing immediately. The grip feels really nice and makes the pen look much more expensive. The only improvement I can suggest to Parker would be a gold coloured nib but it still looks the part with the chrome one. Very fast delivery and I would definitely buy from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Premium Twin Chiselled Fountain Pen, 25 Jun. 2012
I have been using Parker fountain pens my entire life, though I have to say I was a bit sceptical about this one at first, as it was all made of metal and I though it could be quite heavy and clumsy to use, though I've gone ahead and ordered this pen as it had a twin-channelled ink system (it was the only one I could find with this feature advertised).

Glad I did!

To my complete surprise, it wasn't at all heavy and the writing is very...erm...natural. Also, since the pen is made of metal, it cannot be easily broken - the problem I've always had with all the plastic models I used up until now. Highly recommended purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Fountain pen., 26 Nov. 2012
I have had this Parker IM for a couple of weeks now and have been using it on and off ever since. It was dispatched by Amazon the same day as my order. That's service for you!!!
I was pleasantly surprised when It arrived because it looks and feels like it should have cost Three times more. It is slightly heavier than some of my other pens, and this I like very much. The Gold trim against the black satin finish gives an appearence of quality and that is exactly what you get here.
The medium nib is extremely smooth and the inkflow faultless. I used the cartridge supplied with the pen at first but after buying the Parker Ink Converter I am using Black Quink from the bottle to match the Pen.
Buy this and you will not regret it.
Mine came with a Black pouch too which is a bonus. 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMOOOTH!, 15 May 2011
Beautiful pen, has a nice weight to it. It writes very SMOOOTHLY, which is probably its best facet. The most expensive pen I've owned, bought it because previous Parker pens weren't delivering. Writes beautifully. Pretty expensive though, so you have to be careful with it. The lid can be a bit loose too, it falls of the top of the pen quite often so be careful there. Yet, generally a nice pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and writes really well., 3 Nov. 2011
I really like this one. It is a very affordable pen and the overall quality turns out to be very good. The full body is made of metal and it has a very nice finish. It is not very heavy in your hand and writes surprisingly smooth. I have always used the old good Parker Vector, and the diffence is huge. Of course, you still have plastic components here and there, but I strongly recommend it. It is a great fountain pen for everyday use :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For Money!, 23 Nov. 2010
D. Morgan "Morgie" (West Midlands - UK) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this pen as I wanted a general fountain pen to use at work. I was extremely impressed by the speed of the delivery which was in 2 days from France!

The pen itself is just the right weight & writes smoothly, & looks good so I am impressed & would recommend this as a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute delight, 24 Dec. 2011
I have been writing with this pen for a little while now and have found it a total dream to use. It feels weighty in your hand yet not to the point of being awkward and yet it has a wonderful balance. I might add this balance is compromised I feel somewhat if you are the type of person who puts the cap on the end of the pen when you are writing. It has a smooth delivery of ink and is an over joy to use. For the money you shouldn't expect a pen this good. This could fall anywhere in the £60 to £100 bracket and you would feel like you had a quality pen.
If you use a fountain pen buy one you wont be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parker IM Fountain Pen, 18 Jun. 2013
After a week of constant use, this pen is excellent for the money - smooth nib and well balanced. I have a few more expensive pens (Parker and others) but they all tend to bleed ink into the cap when carried in your bag or pocket, some pretty badly, despite their price. The IM tends to dry out if you dont use it for a day or two (one star off for this), which more expensive pens generally will not do, but perhaps this is a small price to pay for clean hands. Would definitely recommend at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, 13 Jan. 2011
I own two of these pens now and they are simply great, i use mine every day and other then this one time i've never had a problem with them. The only thing that stops it short of being perfect is the medium nib it comes with, parker says you can get a fine nib but i havent gotten a chance to try that out yet. Still all in all it is a great product and for the price you pay its simply great, i also have to mention that the seller was very prompt even with standard delivry and packaging was easy to deal with aswell.