5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase
I hesitated a long time before to buy this product: I compared lots different brands, read lots of reviews about them, contacted the brands to get some more info when I needed some. My final choice has been on this De'Longhi ICK6000 and...
- I do no regret at all this purchase.
Published 20 months ago by de Ville

3.0 out of 5 stars Performance and size
Published 15 months ago by Dr Janet Skublics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: De'Longhi ICK6000 Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
- I do no regret at all this purchase.
- It's just great to have the possibility to have the ice cream or sorbet flavor you want when you want (if you find all ingredients). ;-)
- Time to prepare the sorbet or the ice cream: 20-40min (it's depending of the flavor).
- Easy to clean.
- With a good organisation, I've done 4 flavors in 1 evening.
- Nice little recipe book, but still prefer to use some of my grand mother's recipes. ;-)
- you don't have to add some alcohol between the bowl and the machine as you have to do on some models of some other brands.

Downsides, but I was aware of them:
- For sure, it's a bit noisy, but not too much. After all there is a little engine inside to freeze the preparation for the ice cream.
- Heavy and quite important in size (but nice for the stability)
- Small batches, but you can clean everything very quickly and prepare another batch very quickly if needed.

Not a downside, but because I read disappointed people reviews on other websites, I prefer to let you know you don't have to expect to get ice cream as hard than the ones you can get in the supermarket. Your ice cream (or sorbet) will always need to be placed few hours in the freezer after you take it out of the ice cream maker. And after that, you will have the possibility to make very nice scoops. ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Performance and size, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: De'Longhi ICK6000 Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Sturdy machine and robust removeable parts, easy to use. Found it noisy especially towards latter stages of process and preferred to be out of the room. Ice cream excellent but did need hardening in freezer. Instructions very limited. I wondered whether I could leave it on the freezer setting to harden and if so would I be able to get the container out afterwards.Also a handle would help to remove it from the machine. The description of the machine gave no idea of dimensions, which incidentally are length 42cms, width 32 cms and height 21 cms. I hesitated a long time over which machine to get, none seemed perfect, but this one at least seemed robust and did not require alcohol between the container and the fixed container. Pity about the noise and limited instructions

1.0 out of 5 stars Delonghi ice cream maker, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: De'Longhi ICK6000 Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This machine delonghi is all in plastic, it is very bulky and very heavy, I used the machine 3 times and the knob broke,that was that. The machine is very noisy and does not have an on/off button or timer just a knob, the worse thing is that it has no digital temperature display and you can not cool it before pouring in the ingredients.
Also the container is small and not suitable for family use.

I replaced it by a cheaper machine, which is stainless steel, has a timer and on/off button,it has a temperature display so you know when it has reached the optimum temp. to pour in the ingredients, it is a Baumatic and it is really good. It has an excellent recipe book and it tells you how to make rice water to act as a natural gelatine. I am very very happy with my Baumatic and will not buy delonghi again.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: De'Longhi ICK6000 Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
It simply works. 30 minutes and your ice cream is ready.

Downsides
Big
Heavy - actually a plus for stability
Doesn't make a lot of icecream in one batch. On the other hand it can make two batches in one hour of different flavours.

I had previously a machine where you had to put art of the machine in the freezer overnight. Cheap but not conveninent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes longer to make icecream than expected, 21 July 2013
This review is from: De'Longhi ICK6000 Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
After much research I opted for this model.
Firstly I made the mistake of ordering from a European source so it came with a European plug and I had to buy an adapter in order to plug it in. Should have checked and bought from a UK company as I wonder how I will deal with any warranty issues, should I need to.
Regarding the machine itself, it feels very robust and well made. It isn't too noisy - but I do use it in the utility room and not in the kitchen, and the door is shut when it is on!
The Recipe/Instruction Book that comes with the machine is OK for the recipes, but it gives no basic information about ice cream making in general, and what types of milk/cream are best to use. I had to resort to checking out my ingredients from another specialist ice cream book.
When making the ice cream, it is very simple, but it seems to take a lot longer time than the recipe book suggests - about 45 minutes or longer. And even then it is not of a sufficiently frozen consistency to eat there and then - it is still too soft. It has to go into the freezer for a couple of hours. Then it is perfect.

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)