5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea!
A fab product and a great gift idea for less than a tenner. I bought one for my other half so she could read into the night without disturbing me and was so impressed I have since bought 2 more! My only minor gripe is that it's just too bright-it's almost as bright as having a bedside lamp on. Apart from that, full marks.
Published on 20 Feb 2010 by JT

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea; but poor battery life
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea!, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: NEW! If Really Tiny LED Night Reading Book Light Blue (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 3 Aug 2010
My order arrived quickly. The light attaches to the book easily without weighing the book down. Excellent product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea; but poor battery life, 7 Jun 2010
As C. Smith's review states, it's a very neat idea, and gives off a great light, but the battery life is appalling. A couple of hours' reading, and you notice the light begin to go dimmer. Very quickly it diminishes to a faint glow, and you have to replace the uncommon and none-too-cheap battery. I bought a box of these, but didn't bother after one box, due to the expense. I'm looking for a better alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Kindle, 28 Jan 2011
Harry Carr "carrliadiere" (Teddington) - See all my reviews
I waited a short while before writing a review, as I was aware people have complained about battery life. I can say that from my experience, it's not a problem at all. It's easily in excess of ten hours of continual use, excellent power consumption for a strong light using tiny batteries. In addition, batteries are astonishingly cheap. I noticed a very slight dimming of the brightness after about an hour of use, which brought it down to an ideal level (having started out ever-so-slightly too bright). From then on, the light remained constant - no dimming - for night after night of reading. Of course, ten hours may or may not seem like a long time to you - if you're reading an hour and a half every night, you'll need new batteries in a week. To me this is perfectly acceptable, as the light is tiny, weighs next to nothing, and is totally unnoticeable when clipped on to the Kindle cover.

I only used this with my Kindle, and for that it is perfect. You need a cover to clip it on to, but once you've done that you can angle it away from your other half and leave their side of the bed in near-total blackness, while you have the perfect light for the screen. It's easy to use, one big push button to turn on and off. You can even open and close the cover without disturbing or moving the light - just clip it on once, find the right position, and it's there for good.

Add the batteries to your order, and you'll be set for a light for months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 7 Dec 2010
Bought this product as I needed it, as you can imagine. I've had a bigger more chunky book light in the past which was awkward and too big for it's purpose, but the name of this product suggested this would be tiny, well it is. A great product! Nice design,light weight, small, easy to use, takes up very little space, doubles as a bright mini torch when the kids are stirring in the night. Can be a little bright but I definately think it was Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book light, 10 Mar 2013
I love these book lights so much that have bought them for friends and family. They do exactly what it says. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars chintzy, 25 Aug 2012
This is a flimsy, poorly put together bit of plastic. The battery cover kept falling off. Then the light head started detaching from the base. In less than a week, the wire between the battery and the LED snapped.

It's light and simple. If it worked it would be really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 17 Jan 2012
This is such a neat little item that I just had to order a second one. Easy to use, brilliant at night. Can use without disturbing my partner or children. I have not experienced any trouble with low battery life to be honest. I got my first one over two months ago and still haven't changed the battery. I'm overall very very pleased.

I have also started using this every where. In the car, garage, kitchen...I carry one in my hand bag at all times. A member in my family had some trouble with her ear...it was a brilliant tool to find out an infection was brewing in there :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great little light, 28 Dec 2011
R. Gower (Glastonbury, Somerset) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son who loves reading but finds the main light not good enough for prolonged reading.It clips neatly on the book and is light and useful for travelling. Arrived on time and well packed, great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful!!, 18 Nov 2011
PROFessorMorrynarty (Woodford Green, England) - See all my reviews
Although not designed for the purpose, I purchased this as a light to use on my Kindle. After a bit of 'fiddling', it now fits snugly on the back of my Amazon Kindle cover and provides excellent illumination on the Kindle's screen. In fact, the light is bright enough to use as a separate torch if needed! Excellent value for money!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›