5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant

Published on 28 Jun. 2011 by glassgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan. 2010
K. M. Webb - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
Such a tiny little book light, so very bright. I brought this as a gift for two people so far, and both have been very happy with it. It clips nicely onto the book, and the light is nice and bright. My boyfriend even found a use for it when he was doing fire works by cliping it on his top and pointed to the floor. He had both hands free to light the fire works.And was more than bright enough for him to see what he was doing. So not just a book light.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this light after reading the reviews on it and thought it would be perfect for reading in bed and not disturbing my husband. It seemed just the job, looked good, was lightweight and fitted well on my kindle cover. One of the reviews said the batteries lasted for ages, and this is where I feel let down. I have used the light with the included batteries for three nights (approx. 20 - 30 minutes per night) and after the first two nights, the light very quickly dimmed so that it became very difficult to see. On the third night I had to unclip the light from the kindle cover and actually hold it close to the screen to read, and even that was a struggle. If I need to replace the batteries every third night, it is going to work out quite expensive even at £2 for ten. I love the look of the light, but the performamce is definitely disappointing. It would have been a great help if the product information said how many hours I could expect to get from each set of batteries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly, 26 July 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I bought one of these for my wife and myself - we both read a lot whilst the other is asleep.

Initially we both loved this and was the best I'd found so far (have tried 3 others). Cheap, good brightness, clips on book well, lightweight and easy to use.

Only downer is the battery life which is frankly pretty shocking. If it had been more expensive it would have gotten a much worse review.

Back to using my iphone plugged in......

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with Sony E-reader PRS-350 WITH A CASE, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I bought one of these little gems because I was not prepared to pay £50 for the Sony case and light. I had got a leather case free with my reader so thought that it would clip to it (it won't clip to anything wider than a Hardback book binding). It gives out a perfect reading light and is ultra light weight and looks great on the reader case, I'm told that the batteries last for ages and are easy to purchase from Amazon (about £2 for ten and next day delivery).
I bought the grey one which blends in with my black leather case. They are great, but don't forget that you'll need a leather book folder type case (about £20 at Amazon) before you can use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great lightweight solution for the Kindle, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
Having bought a new Kindle recently I did the typical and searched high and low for all the reviews of best products for my new "toy". I decided on a case with a stand (to allow hands free reading) which necessitated a separate night light. After investing in a suitable case I was loathe to add too much more weight to my Kindle, given the original intention behind my purchase was to reduce the luggage I had to carry around with me. Anyway, after reviewing numerous options at length (including the Mighty Bright and M-Edge ranges) I went for this tiny light primarily because of its size, weight and fact that you didn't need a screwdriver to change the battery.

After having used the light for a number of nights now I can confirm:

1. It is so light you can hardly feel it is even in your hand.

2. it clips on my Kindle leather case fine (I happen to have the Duragadget leather case) - although note I don't think it would clip just round the Kindle that easily as the size of the clip is small. It works great with books too as its so light it doesn't fall about when in place.

3. It creates a great light over my Kindle for reading, top to the bottom of the page, but not too bright as some lights I saw were.

4. Does not disturb my husband when lit, and he is a light sleeper!

5. Looks great with the Kindle 3 as its grey.

My only negatives might be that, as it is so light, it may turn out to be fragile, although nothing has given me that impression so far. The attaching clip is also fairly small and so it won"t go over much, if anything, larger than one sleeve of a slim leather case to a Kindle (based on my review using a Duragadget case).

Overall a superb light for a great price. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 May 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I wasn't really sure what to expect with this light due to the low price and some low scoring reviews but its brilliant, gives out a lot of light so very easy to read but with the flexible top you can do so without disturbing anyone's sleep! Also, I have read reviews where people have been concerned about the strength of it, but after being played with by my 3 yr old its still in perfect condition. Would certainly recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor effectiveness as a reading lamp, 27 Jan. 2012
CjW "chris" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
The product looks good, but that's where it ends.

In use its too small to illuminate both pages of a paperback at once, so you have to relocate it.
Design fault: the square edge of the clip means it won't just slide onto a page - this was cured with a file, just file off the square edge.

You can't close the books with the light attached, its too bulky.
You can't attach the light to the cover, because the arm doesn't reach and illuminate the page when you are on p200 !

Battery life = appalling.

Mine lasted 1 hour, true if you leave a whole day, the batteries do recover a little, but then fade after 20 minutes.

Batteries are tiny - hence the short life and difficult because they are small and fiddly to fit - don't do it at night.
The need for constant batteries make this a useless object, sadly, its been bunged in the drawer and rebeen replaced by a proper light with bigger and sustainable batteries, plus you can close the book with this still attached!

Buy the 'Mighty Bright Black Ultrathin LED Book Light' instead and save your cash - its on Amazon, see my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Reading Light, 27 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for use with my Kindle having seen the £50 price tag for the Amazon case with light. Ouch!
I use this with the Vierra K stand case.
It doesn't fit straight onto/into the case but by putting a short length of plastic (I cut the packet the light came in) and slipping this between the back of the Kindle and the case, the light fits onto that.
The light then bends over the front of the Kindle and makes reading in an otherwise dark room (in bed with her indoors asleep) perfectly OK.
A case and a light for under fifteen quid (not fifty!). Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy light weight reading light, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
This is an ideal reading light with a good, even spread of light. Adjustable angle, light and easy to use. Replacemnt batteries are cheap though I haven't worn out the first ones yet!Has a clip like a pen though is small enough to slot between case and kindle. Only slight drawback is the size of the switch which is quite large and can easily be switched on accidentally whilst stowed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 6 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great little product that does exactly what it says 'on the tin'. It is very bright, whilst not being too bright creating a reflection from the book, extremely light weight and being able to adjust the angle of the light is great too.

Great product!! - Highly recommended!!!!

The Really Tiny Book Light In Grey