5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good
Published 7 months ago by jaggy1963

3.0 out of 5 stars Product good for price but somewhat lacking.
It works fine and as expected so there's not much to say on that front, my problem lies with the audio software this card uses.
Because it uses it's own software it disables the standard Windows audio manager, which would be okay if it's own software wasn't somewhat lacking.
Published 17 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Startech 7.1 Ch Pci Digital Surrounding Sound Card (Personal Computers)
This came in the post 6 weeks ago and I only just got round to putting it in. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. very easy to physically install the card and the driver was easy too. Sound Difference is noticeably better now crystal clear and really so much better over my on-board audio which was a Asus p67. I have a Asus Xonar Card on my other computer and this one sounds better! Very pleased with this, Good value for money at 12 quid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good to me!, 6 Jan 2014
Works perfectly.
Purchased this as a second sound card for my games PC. Means I can now play FSX and also have a headset configured for speech alone. Perfect.
Only have the microphone and headphone socket in use but the sound quality is pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 25 Dec 2013
I chose this product to be rated 4/5 stars because it was a good product but still not perfect. This sound card goes very well with my speakers and headset for the 7.1.

4.0 out of 5 stars returned., 17 Oct 2013
The sound card arrived before the predicted date, It didn't suit my pc, so returned it I did. Amazon were quick to refund my account. I must add, it was my pc 's inability to accept this card and nothing to do with the sound card which was perfectly ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 2 Oct 2013
Why did i ever spend mega money on Creative when i should have just bought something cheap like this. Was having no end of problems with my Creative card and Windows 8. So ripped it out, threw it in the bin and bought the Startech 7.1. Wasn't expecting much but was very pleasantly surprised. All worked straight out the box. RCA port was what i was after and now my Dobly digital decoder is happy. And i am very happy. Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 16 Sep 2013
the sound is briliant easey to fit, opened up the case sliped into the socket, played the cd, and ha presto it worked

3.0 out of 5 stars Product good for price but somewhat lacking., 22 July 2013
Michael (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
It has no equaliser like the standard Windows software and offers pretty much none of the enhancements either. It also has the 'feature' of lowering the volume of music playing (through iTunes) if any other audio is playing such as Youtube or video ads on web pages. I find this quite annoying and have yet to figure out how to disable it - if I wanted my music to be quieter I would lower the volume myself.

The price of this card is its main selling point and of course for such a good price it is a fine buy - but I am still somewhat disappointed by the functionality of the software and I would suggest spending that wee bit more on a card from a more established manufacturer.
Build quality is fine as far as I can tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for the money, 10 Jun 2013
K. Malin "Karlos" (UK) - See all my reviews
Can't fault this item. Easy to install and setup with the supplied software and above all, everything sounds great. Just what I wanted.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price, lacks clarity, 2 Jun 2013
Bass is pretty strong and the sound is overall acceptable but nowhere near spectacular. There's also no front panel connector and as the card lacks a headphones jack you have to do away with your headphones ( which is a major let down for me ). Other than that it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, 10 Feb 2013
i am a newbie so i am not too knowledgible but this item fully filled my needs and expectations great,

Startech 7.1 Ch Pci Digital Surrounding Sound Card