5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff
getting your fish in to a healther state is a must , using these product's is the best way to do it . happy fish ....
Published 11 months ago by hugggie

2.0 out of 5 stars Full of dangerous ingredients, read carefully before using!
I had 3 death over 3 days in my tank so I went to the shop to ask about some "general stuff" to help with my tank even though the rest of my fish seem OK. I was sold this "general" tonic. Within an hour of putting it in, my snails started acting funny, even the MTS snails. I took a closer look at the active ingredients list and was shocked.

It contains Bronopol...
Published on 1 Aug 2012 by alvinlwh

2.0 out of 5 stars Full of dangerous ingredients, read carefully before using!, 1 Aug 2012
This review is from: Interpet General Tonic Number 5 Aquarium Fish Treatment (Misc.)

It contains Bronopol (4.95mg/ml, copper 33.18mg/ml, Formaldehyde 10mg/ml and Silver Proteinate 0.23mg/ml.

Bronopol can react under some conditions to form substances that are known or suspect carcinogens.

Copper kills snails, and this product contails a very high amount of it. At a dosage of 1ml/5l, little wonder my snails were acting funny! However if you do not have or want snails, then maybe it is a good thing.

Formaldehyde, as we all know, is a very nasty substance. Qoute from Wikipedia "Formaldehyde is highly toxic to all animals, regardless of method of intake. Ingestion of as little as 30 mL (1 oz.) of a solution containing 37% formaldehyde has been reported to cause death in an adult human." And we are putting this as a "general tonic" into our fish tank? Not only that, it is also a disinfectant that kills most bacteria. Not sure if that is what I want happening to my filter!

And Silver Proteinate is another substance with bactericidal properties which could wipe out the bacterials that I so carefully breed in my filter.

On the side of the box with bigger lettering is a warning "DO NOT use with Mormyrids (Elephant nose fish)". Well I do not have any Mormyrids, so I should be fine right? Nope, on the other side of the box with smaller lettering is another warning "DO NOT USE WITH INVERTEBRATES".

Well, it is partly my fault for not reading everything on the box carefully. But I trusted the owner of the LFS and he knew I have snails. Yet he sold me this.

This product MAYBE fine if you have no inverterbrates (including shrimps!) or do not plan to keep them. If you have snails and/or shrimps, do NOT use it! It will kill them all! It may very well kill everything in your tank anyway, including the helpful bacterial in your filter, given the number of dangerous substances in it.

I did a quick water change and fingers crossed, my snails will recover.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 17 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Please with purchase. fast delivery. Thank You., 28 Aug 2014
Please with purchase.fast delivery.Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014
Quick Service. All good

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Aug 2014
expensive but works

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Products, 16 Feb 2014
Interpet products are quality items, i cannot fault the product in any shape or form.. will buy for tank again

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect product, 2 April 2012
my fish needed a bit of pepping up and this did the trick they seen happy and healthy everytime i change the water in tank i put few drops of this in teh water