5.0 out of 5 stars Southern Voice - Tim Mcgraw
The CD opens with the slow opening chords of 'Still'-great guitar solo half way through and continues with the more upbeat 'Ghost town' a song contemplating life without a lost love.'Good girls'- women scorned by unfaithful partners.'I didn't know at the time' a song about life's ups and down's and the unpredicability of it all.
A high maintenance women is the...
Published on 18 Feb 2010 by J. S. Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me
I was a bit disappointed with the songs on this CD. I felt I wanted to throw it out the window so depressing
Published 16 months ago by glasgowlass

5.0 out of 5 stars Southern Voice - Tim Mcgraw, 18 Feb 2010
J. S. Hardy "postie tef" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
A high maintenance women is the subject of 'Its a business doing pleasure with you' and is one of the CD's standout tracks. The other standout track is the title track another upbeat country song.
The CD's other tracks all maintain the high standard once again proving there's no such thing as a bad Tim Mcgraw album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Tim, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of Tim McGraw for quite a few years, I was waiting for this new CD to come out. It is absolutely brilliant, not a bad track on it at all. Not quite sure which is my favourite track, although I love 'Mr Whoever You Are'. The song 'If I Died Today' has good lyrics. I can't say a bad word about any of the tracks. My family get fed up listening to my country CD's, but who cares. I am now waiting for the next CD to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Groundhog Day Yet Again', 18 Feb 2010
Antony May (East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
Another year, another Tim McGraw album, another classic. I don't know about you but I'm seriously beginning to feel like Bill Murray these days! What Tim McGraw does, he does extremely well and luckily for us, his fans, he has the foresight to know not to change a winning formula when he finds one. Sure, there will be the odd duet with so and so along the way and the occasional dabble into different music genres but Tim McGraw is an artist that knows his audience and knows just what to produce to please that audience and that is why he will remain one of the most successful country artists of his generation for some time yet. The man has it all as far as I can see, he has great songs, a great voice, great producers and good looks - Oh and did I mention his wife isn't half bad either! HA HA

'Southern Voice' is yet another 10/10 album, better than his last two, it is right up there with his very best sets. Not one song lets the side down here despite 'Still' being a rather odd choice to open an album with. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song but it 'just starts' and sounds to me more of a mid-set kind of song. This is a minor quibble however and in a funny way I guess it adds to that sense of 'continuation' I mentioned earlier.

There are plenty of Tim McGraw classics on this record.

'It's A Business Doing Pleasure With You' is another 'good time country', lyrically witty, 'Do You Want Fries With That?' style song and the title track is quite upbeat and rocky (with more than a nod lyrically to The Gap Band's 'How Music Came About') but 'Southern Voice' will be remembered for yet more of Tim's classic 'weepy, poignant, thoughtful and sad' songs'. 'Good Girls' is a heart rending song about how it feels the day after you hear 'the news' of young lives lost simply through the folly of youth. 'You Had To Be There' the tale of a young man on death row meeting his absent father for the first time in jail. 'I'm Only Jesus' a very unusual message song (we all start with the same tools and with the same back up if we believe but ultimately, we choose our own destiny) and album closer 'Love You Goodbye' is another tale of a wayward Dad that is sure to have you reaching for the tissues, especially if you yourself come from a broken home.

Add to this the gentle lost love song of 'Ghost Town Train (She's Gone)' and the acoustic strummed, gradually building 'Mr Whoever You Are' (reminds me for some reason of Joshua Kadison's - 'Picture Postcards From L.A') which will appeal to anyone who has ever felt a little lost and you have another classic album...

How McGraw manages to continually come up with such great songs that touch the heart in spite of them sounding as if from an often used formula I will never know.

Unashamedly 10 out of 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Southern Voice!, 2 Oct 2010
S. E. Connell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
We first heard Tim McGraw on a country radio station in our hire-car as we crossed Florida, being chased by Hurricane Katrina. The sound of his voice and the sheer cleverness of his song-writing stopped our conversation - we simply had to hear who'd been singing. As soon as we returned home, we had to get his CD and we've got every one since. There's not one 'duff' song on this album. Every one is thought-provoking and wonderfully produced. I wouldn't even say we were big country fans, but we'd travel a long way to hear this gentleman sing live!

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me listen again, 31 Jan 2010
J. P. Oneill (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
Being a 50ish fan of various types of music: comtemporary, rock , jazz, r&B, soul, classical etc and i originally came acress Tim Mcgraw back in Circus days while in the US. Have to say with this album its having the same effect. It takes my attention more than the last couple which got left to the CD cabinet being, in my view, overly introspective. If youve a wide listening range and tend not to be too particular in what you think is allowed for your particular genre then id recommend this cd as a fine addition for any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD great voice great film., 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
Bought this CD after hearing it on the end of THE BLIND SIDE film and it has not disappointed me. I love Tim McGraw's music - got all his stuff. "Southern Voice" for me was worth the price of the album alone. The other tracks are great too.

Pity Country music isn't more popular or available in the UK.

Your BEST album yet Tim!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Great CD

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend it, a good album, 6 July 2014
M. J. Fennelow "Mike" ((Cambridgeshire ,England)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
recommend this if you like country, good album

5.0 out of 5 stars whar a voice, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Southern Voice (Audio CD)
Got most of his cds now. Excellent songs and lyrics you will NOT be dissappointed.!buy this..i bet you will buy another of his!

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 3 July 2013

Southern Voice
Southern Voice by Tim McGraw (Audio CD - 2009)