Showing 1-10 of 98 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 18 April 2011
I have had this for almost 2 weeks now and have to admit to being pretty impressed! I was quite complacent about this as I have grown up dancing to salsa, and after not having worked out for a year I thought it'd be a nice gentle ease back into a decent level of fitness - But OMG! The basic "How to" dvd gets up a decent sweat and was all I could manage for the first week! Got into the 20 minute express over the second week and am seeing the difference already.

P - The moves are easy enough to learn whether you are used to salsa or not, it unknowlingly works your abs soo much I woke the next morning with a definitive ache in my tummy, and more importantly, it's FUN! (I defy you to not grin broadly whilst doing the Quebridita section!)
C - Bit disappointed that there is no proper warm up Hence the 4 stars and not 5.

I have used and tried most fitness dvds on the market over the years (from Cindy Crawford to Geri Halliwell to Tracey Anderson) and can hand on my heart say I haven't enjoyed a fitness routine quite as much. The trainers are sickeningly gorgeous but have so much charm & personality I didn't long for the mute button to hush their encouragement. I have had a sneak peek at the cardio party & Live and am sure I wont be looking for a new dvd for a very long time. Take the plunge - I am SURE you will love it :-)
on 29 June 2011
I'd seen this product being sold on a couple of shopping channels & I'd wanted to give Zumba ago, but was to embarrassed to attend a class. The price is unbelievable companied to the shopping channels, you will save at least £10.
The box set itself is good with a number of different DVDs for all levels of fitness & areas of the body you want to work on.
Due to being a new comer to Zumba I started with the plan that is set out in the book that's included in the set. You start by learning the basic steps of Zumba & this part of the DVD is roughly 50 minutes long. Some of the steps to me are hard but to be honest it's fun & you know that your exercising, and its good for you!
Even completing this part of the DVD I knew I'd done a workout.
I've started on the main DVD now and even thou I haven't managed to complete it all in one go but my aim is to increase slowly & to enjoy every minute of it.
The music that you work out to will stick it your head for the rest of the day which just makes you want to do more!
on 4 February 2011
I am not very fit at all and needed to shed some extra Christmas kilo's! With three small children it is difficult to get to the gym so a home "fitness programme" seemed the ideal solution. I have enjoyed doing the Zumba dvd's although some of the moves are still rather hard to master. The first time I learnt the basic moves I spent more time laughing than learning I think (and I'm relieved there are no mirrors around the house!) I have no sense of rhythm but it is still enjoyable and I'm sure the more I practice the easier the moves will become.
on 15 April 2012
This workout itself is pretty basic and I have so far along with the flats abs programme been doing these for a week and have noticed my stomach muscles getting more toned. I have also used the toning sticks with these programmes and although they may be light, it helps to tone up my upper body and i can feel my arms working harder due to the resistance. I am also going to incorparate the Cardio party DVD which is 50 mins long into my workout plan and intend to workout twice a day using these dvds. I tried the tone and sculpt dvd and just didn't feel it gave me a good workout. I noticed that the more cardio infused workouts in the package to be more beneficial and worked up more of a sweat. It's so addictive I actually don't mind getting up early and doing a dvd before work and another when I get home. The amount of calories burned through each workout depends on how hard you push yourself but I have read somewhere you can burn up to 500 calories in a one hour workout. I am using the package to help lose a stone of weight due to bad eating habits and hoping zumba will help me realise that living a healthy lifestyle should not be hard and boring but actully FUN. Buy now while the prices are low and you will not regret it.
on 18 April 2011
Love Love Love Zumba, great fun keeps you going.Very Energetic. Good to do it in your own home without anyone watching you, you think you look daft but you don't you don't care you are doing it n your own home. Good Way do exercise x
on 30 October 2012
Zumba Fitness DVD Exercise Kit includes toning sticks
Fast delivery and received in perfect condition (having previously read that some people had received toning sticks which looked used). I find the dvds to be easy to follow, fun and enjoyable. Zumba is not a really tough workout - it is designed to be fun and this kit certainly lives up to this. I combine it with other gym workouts to give the best results but this is fast and fun and the 20 minute quick workout is great when you are pushed for time. I find this great to do at home when the kids are on holiday and I can't get to my usual workouts. I would highly recommmend this and being at a sale price was well worth it. Just remember that with any fitness routine you get out what you put in.
on 13 March 2012
I must admit, I was cynical about the whole "Zumba" thing, but I finally gave into the hype and purchased this product. I was looking for something different, something more enjoyable to work out to and so far, this has hit the mark. I don't think I've ever smiled during any form of exercise! It's made me want to "work out" although it doesn't really feel like any of the work outs I'm used to. An hour goes by before you know it. I don't think I sweat as much though with this so I think I'll be using it alternatively with other more gruelling workout DVDs but its definitely a welcomed change to my normal routine. I'm enjoying it so far! I would definitely recommend it.
on 17 April 2012
This set is brilliant, as I've done zumba for about 8 months now I decided to get this as I can't get to a class more than once a week.

The basics section is broken down really well, I found it easier with doing classes anyway but if you had no experience it would be easy to follow.

The cardio party is about 50 minutes, stopping for a few seconds between sets. It's really enjoyable and you can push it as much or as little as you like. I found it a little bit cheesy with Beto taking his top off several times and some of the banter. One thing I can say though is this section is definitely fun and you won't get bored of the routine.

Sometimes I tag the abs workout onto the end of this one with being only 20 minutes long or just do it by itself and do my own warm up/cool down, I love this part your obliques will be burning afterwards :)

I don't really do the sculpt and tone as I prefer doing Jillian Michaels DVD's for this.

The live section I hated switched it off after a few minutes, can't concentrate on it and didn't like it at all.

I don't bother with the toning sticks as they are too light.

Overall this is well worth getting, much prefer this to the Wii Zumba.
on 8 May 2011
As I was eating lots and lots of much macaroni pie in Barbados, I knew that somehow I would have to pay for it. I went to Amazon and ordered my Zumba fitness pack after reading how fun it was.

I arrived to find my box waiting for me and immediately started dancing to Beto and the team. 2 days after the order - impressive start.

Day 1 - I did the basics (sweating and heaving)
Day 2 - I did the 20 min express
Day 3 - It was the cardio party
Day 4 - I did the sculpt and tone
Day 5 - It was the cardio party again

Then came the sad moment - the live and flat abs dvd was scratched, it just did not work. Amazon does not exchange dvd's. I am thoroughly dissapointed that they have ruined my party that was going soooooo well. I am really not impressed with amazon right now. I really really need that dvd and it is very expensive to buy alone. I hear it can be downloaded and I would have to connect the laptop to the tv and just so not the way forward.

Some of the moves I recognised from my clubbing days. I was never much of a dancer but I feel confident and I hope to attend real samba parties after joining this party. I can only hope that the novelty does not wear off. I am really excited and happy about this experience. I have attended fitness classes before but always dropped out because it just seemed so hard. This is fun

If anyone knows where I can find a live and flat abs DVD I would appreciate that very much.
I am determined to find the dvd - The party gets five out five and amazon is a party pooper.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2011
I love to dance and thought Zumba was the ideal way for me to do something I loved and lose weight at the same time. I love the music and I love the moves, you realy do feel the burn. But I have found some moves a little difficult and to fast to master. In your Zumba Fitness guide book, for new users it says that you should do the basic work-out two days in a row and on the third day you should be able to do the 20 minute express workout. However on my fourth day I was only just starting to get a hang of the basic workout. I still believe it is the best workout regime I have ever found and the most enjoyable.