5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba-tastic!!
I bought this product after seeing the numerous adverts on the shopping channels on Sky and decided against buying from the manufacturer for the simple reason that Amazon offered it a lot cheaper, and being the stingy person I am I wouldn't then lose out on more money than necessary if it wasn't any good ;)

This pack is the equivalent one you see on the Zumba...
Published on 3 Jun 2011 by Sally

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Not a patch on the Wii Zumba as very boring doing the same routine again but if you only have a DVD player then go to a local Zumba class instead. I thought expensive, dated, with highly annoying instructor Beto who cant wait to get his shirt off!
Sticks so light not sure what the point is, bar throwing at Beto...
Published on 7 Dec 2011 by Steffyburger

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba-tastic!!, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Zumba Fitness DVD Exercise Kit includes toning sticks (DVD)

This pack is the equivalent one you see on the Zumba website and includes Zumba Basics and 20 minute express, Sculpt and Tone, Cardio Party, Zumba LIVE! and Flat Abs, two toning sticks and the total body transformation guide. To give you more of an idea of what you are getting...the basics part runs for 60 minutes and gives you a step by step (3 parts per move) breakdown of all the main zumba steps you will come across. The is definetely recommended before you start! I have good co-ordination but there are some moves in there that are quite tricky to master, you do the first part and the second and by the time it comes to the third it is sometimes difficult to co-ordinate that fast with the music, but persistence pays off so it is worth sticking with it. The 20 minute express is a full workout to the Zumba music and is ideally suited if you are short on time as it gives a full body workout (in 20 minutes) with each of the different types of Zumba steps, including reggae and samba (for example).

The cardio party runs for 50 minutes and is a longer workout that is aimed at burning maximum calories. It also includes a rhythm refresher feature, which allows you to review each Zumba rhythm (as there are quite a few). Sculpt and tone runs for 45 minutes and does what it says on the tin really. This is the workout that requires the toning sticks (if you wish), and is designed to be a fun workout to help target different areas to sculpt and tone. The toning sticks shake like maracas and are not heavy at all, I think this is intentional as you are doing quite a high energy dance routine (would be no good having heavy things to lug around with you!) I know some people have criticised the need for them, but I personally think they are fine.

The Zumba LIVE! runs for 55 minutes and is a workout that is shot in front of a live audience (think of these big American things where they go crazy) and gives you a different atmosphere to a workout, can be slightly annoying with the Zumba creator Beto (he gets on my nerves in certain DVD's), but is quite fun to do with other people. The Flat Abs part runs for 20 minutes and has been created to help flatten your abs with a different routine that still gets the heart rate up. You also get a total body transformation guide, which includes a background to the Zumba programme and reasons why it is popular etc, training tips, total body stretch guide - 5 steps (something that is recommended to incorporate into your workout), there are then recommendations as to the best Zumba workouts to do and on what day to fit your needs whether it be to tone up or to lose a dress size. Next is a selection of recipes and food ideas to use in combination with your workout for most effective weight loss, top tips from the Zumba trainers and a profile of each of them and finally the RPE (rate of perceived exertion) chart. This chart is designed so you can assess how hard your body is working and responding to each workout and helps you decide whether it is time to slow down or pick up the pace.

So a summary of what I think...I must point out that I did not buy this product with the intention of losing weight, I wanted it to just improve my general fitness (has rather declined since I finished PE lessons at school about 8 years ago) and to tone up a little. However, I must say that it has been successful in helping me achieve this goal, my muscles are toning up slowly and I have more strength in my lower back now (I get regular sciatica). Overall, it really is a fun workout (I absolutely promise you, because I HATE stuff that isn't), I think personally it is better to do it with other people to enhance the experience, but it is certainly fine to do it alone and not have to go to a classs (which obviously adds further expense). I think for what you are getting the price is justified and I would highly recommend it to everyone, even just to have a try as I am sure most would be convinced. And only needing to do 20 minutes a day is achievable for most people and doesn't seem as much of a chore as some other things I have tried. So give it a go, well worth it :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba for Everyone, 2 Jun 2011
Don't misunderstand what I'm going to say, Zumba Fitness is great, full stop. However, for those who are not so young, not so fit and/or have never learned dance steps before, the following may be helpful.

Firstly, if you can look in on a class run by a Zumba Instructor do, it will be an inspiration. I'll never forget the impression I had of Kay, flying sideways, co-ordinating head, arm and hip movements, all at same time. Fantastic! Unfortunately, this class had been running for 5 months and I knew I'd never be able to pick up the steps, so on April 1st I ordered my DVD set and have been practicing the Basic Workout for nearly 2 months.

The on-screen instructors first demonstrate the step they are about to teach and then break it down into three Easy Beat stages. Initially, I found the foot work was well taught in Easy Beats 1 and 2 but that working the arms and, to some extent, the hips was all thrown in at Easy Beat 3 with the thing going at full speed. It took me quite a while to pick up the arm and head movements in the second step taught. So, secondly, in the end I decided it was better to learn up the steps by watching the instructions repeatedly and then practicing from memory. I still do this even though the "whole body" instructions improve by the time you get to Cumbia and Reggaeton. This is fine. At home you're your own boss.

Thirdly, I would suggest adjusting the order in which you learn the steps. In the programme, 4 merengue steps are taught first. This is OK, but merengue is faster than salsa, which is presented third. The second set is of 3 quebradita steps and I really would recommend leaving these for later, say after Reggaeton. Quebradita Basic and Andole involve hopping and shoulder swiveling. It took me ages to get the balance right with the swiveling and both steps are energetic. I can just about manage quebradita andole now, albeit with my own version of the swiveling.

Fourthly, there's the music, particularly if you're practicing away from the screen. I bought Zumba Dance 2011 and found the heavy beat painful. The Rough Guides to Salsa and Merengue on the other hand are smashing and authentic. Salsa as I said before is slower than merengue. Last night I bebopped through my routine with Charlie Parker. At home, you can do whatever you want to. Slow the steps enough and it becomes a sort of Tai Chi.

The main thing is to do it at whatever level is right for you. Believe me, you'll breathe better, your joints will be looser, you'll be warmer. I practice on the kitchen tiles while I'm waiting for things to cook. I play whatever music I fancy or none. I wear loose clothing and a certain brand of comfort shoe. I'm 63 and have never learned a dance step before in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, great fun, 27 Dec 2010
Bought this DVD set after seeing adverts on holiday in USA for Zumba - it's mega over there. DVDs arrived quickly and I followed the suggested programme in the first 5 days - some steps are tricky to master and are FAST - but great fun and after only 4-5 days I was puffing less and keeping up (well pretty much). Not cheap, but I love this workout and it's strengthening my lower back too. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for! A fun way to get the body you want!, 13 Jun 2011
N. A. Mason "BITS" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Yes, this may be on the expensive side, but, given there are four workout DVD's, a booklet, and toning sticks (which shake like maracas!!), it isn't that bad. Equal to approximately eight Zumba sessions at your local gym, so in my eyes, WELL worth the money!

I just LOVE this Zumba set, and I am so pleased I invested in it! It gives you a great workout, I rotate the DVD's to ensure I use all muscle groups, and the 20 minute express workout is great if you haven't much time to spare :o)

I HATE going to the gym, it is sooooo boring, I would rather stick pins in my eyes, and get fat, lol!

I do however love dancing, and this is THE best dance DVD(s) I have come across. You simply do not get bored, at all. I love the sexy South American moves, and even though I'm still trying to crack the famous Beyonce "Bum Wiggle", or whatever it's called, I just love it - All of it!!

I've also tried purchasing much less expensive "Brazillian" dance DVD's to save money, but to be honest, you get what you pay for, and I was very disappointed with anything I purchased previous to this DVD set.

I especially like the "American" workout that they have included, so some "yee-haws" are in order, it is great fun!

I can't fault this DVD set at all, it has everything you need to tone up and lose those pounds. I've only been doing the workouts for three weeks (I try to do it every day, but have missed a few), and I've already lost 8lbs!! Losing 8lbs, having fun, and still not really restricting my diet - You can't go wrong!

Therefore, I highly recommend this to any one wanting a fun way to get fit (and learn some sexy dance moves) - You don't have to be a Zumba expert, as the moves are pretty easy to pick up, and even if you are an expert, this will give you a great workout, at your own pace.

That's my opinion, and I hope it helps!!

Natalie :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, 1 Mar 2011
This is an excellent DVD, lots of fun. I have been going to Zumba classes for a while and this DVD is exactly the same as doing a class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Feb 2011
chick (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I only just started using some of the work outs and I love it! I agree with the other reviewer, some moves are a little tricky to master (I found the samba step the hardest) but with some practise and going over the instructions dvd again, I'm sure they will become easier. What I love is that its not really a work out like those other celebrity dvd's you get, its all dance moves of some latin sort (salsa, cumbria, merenge, reggaeton etc). I have not tried the toning sticks yet, they seem more like maraccas (as they make a noise when using) and dont seem too heavy so I cant comment on them yet. They also have the name of the next step highlighted on the screen so you know whats coming next, and this helps in keeping up with the pace of the dvd. You can choose to disable this if you dont want to see it, although the instructors clearly tell you whats coming next anyway so it didnt matter to me. The book included was useful if you're looking for low fat recipe ideas or just some motivation in using the work outs(having a schedule to follow depending on your fitness level or aim) So if you love to dance, want to get fit or lose weight, I highly recommend doing Zumba!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 7 Dec 2011
Sticks so light not sure what the point is, bar throwing at Beto...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really made a difference, 8 Oct 2010
I bought this as I had heard a lot of good things about it. The DVD is really easy to follow, and it has helped me to lose loads of weight without leaving the house!!

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars dancing all night long, 21 Feb 2011
This is such good fun. Very energetic and a really good workout for me. I know others have said that they didnt sweat when doing this well I dont agree. I must be less fit than they are but I got a fantastic workout and had a great deal of fun at the same time. I am now working out regularly ,and doing almost two hours at a time. It's true what they say "time flies when your enjoying yourself. I would reccomend this to anyone who finds exercising boring but needs to get fit and do something. Go for it. Oh yes and best of all buy this from Amazon as it is almost 15 cheaper than the official Zumber site . Huge saving for exactly the same product plus the advantage usual quick delivery I love AMAZON!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Workout, 15 Nov 2010
Only used the basic and 20 min DVD and enjoyed both workouts. The basic steps are broken down into 3 moves which make it very easy to learn the routines. Highly recommed