Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3Edition: Special EditionChange
Price:£4.90-£89.95

on 10 June 2013
So... I don't actually play this myself but my OH insists it is the best of the series. I bought him this hardened edition as a birthday present to replace the "normal" game and to add to his collection of all the other hardened editions in the series.
He's happy, and I'm happy that he's happy!
on 28 August 2014
Having played modern warfare 4, this game had to be immense to replace it. The game is the total opposite of that. There is no immersion, the story is just plain lame to the point where you are not even listening. The game has VERY poor level design, poor story, poor action (WAY over the top to the point where you are scratching your head in disbelieve of what has just happened). No structure of any kind.

The choice of environments are beyond dull. Enemy's that are pristine clean, and lacking in character to those in MW4 with rockets on their back and blue camouflage etc. (very cool). Unmemorable characters, cheap scripted over the top tacky misused over abused scenes are just a few things that will annoy you about this game.

The ONLY thing that has any attention drawing to it, is the music. The are 1 or 2 pieces in the whole game that are good, the rest well?.

Buy modern warfare 4, or something else. I have not played MW 3 upwards and will NOT be. These games are just plain poor,, clearly only to make money.

MW4 is NO1, and as I still play it regularly, you must wonder WHY.

Purpose
Meaning
Atmosphere (especially the all ghillied up level, which in my option is the BEST FPS level to date)
Nostalgia

Are what ever game should have strongly as its roots for longevity.

Time, thought and imagination was what made MW4 the game it is. The rest are purely profit driven.

To some up. You feel completely detached, confused and robbed.

I would go on to explain why and, and what makes the levels so bad, but really do not want to think about this depressing "game".
on 5 January 2014
Modern Warfare 2 for now and for the future (for me) will always be the greatest game of all time.

I love this game, its miles better than MW3. The story is really engaging and the characters are so memorable. There are a huge variety of missions (that you can play on at different difficulty levels) and the special ops are amazing and very challenging. My fave Call Of Duty (love zombies but this is a truly a great game.) The best game of all-time.
on 17 November 2009
As a previously dedicated Call of Duty fan you may wonder why the lower then 5 star score. Well its simple for the £70 (Hardened Edition) price point this game failed to deliver the amount of enjoyment that other titles I have purchased for much less this year have (Namely for example Borderlands, Tekken 6 and Rock Band Beatles).

The single player story is great, as were the previous on World at War and Modern Warfare however it was also extremely short, I blitzed through it in less then 6hrs on the hardened difficulty and genuinely felt short changed.

Feeling a bit miffed at the short single player I decided to have a go on the Special Ops missions, these are in no way better then the Zombies or even Arcade mode from the previous two games. All of the special operation missions were ridiculously short, recycled areas from the single player levels (which kind of begs the question why not make the single player game fully co-op) and felt like a real after thought, thrown together to make up for the short single player story.

So after being miffed about the short single player, annoyed by the stupidly short and cheap feel of the special op missions I arrived at the multiplayer game mode.

Since Cod 2 (which I played on my old x-box 360 to World at War on my PS3) I have loved the online play of the Call of Duty games. The game play, unlockable skill and weapons, game modes and the whole promotion system and prestige options have brought me countless hours both online and offline enjoyment. Last year I was able to look past World at War's cut and paste duplicate of the modern warfare multiplayer but for the third year running they have served up pretty much the same structure with only a few small tweaks. Now I know its one of the, if not the most popular online multiplayer game on both the PS3 and the 360 but my personal opinion is that it's just really a map pack extension, possibly the most expensive map pack in the history of gaming and for me there's just not enough new ideas or add-ons to keep me playing or paying any longer.

Sorry Activison/Infinity Ward but next years Call of Duty Game will not be on my shopping list.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 24 April 2014
Honestly it is the beginning of the end. After COD4 which is for me the best game of PS3, it is a shame. The multiplayer is a joke with Nuke or chopper gunner. The story mode is less realistic than the first. Let's say it is too much. Tommany weapons to enhance, too many cheaters, no golden wepons.

You can stop to COD4.
on 11 January 2010
Some people think that the other cod games were better but i find that this was by far the best in terms of graphics, fun and the multiplayer
the campaign is a bit too short and on the easyest difficulty it would only last a few hours, however there is also the spec ops missions
which are a great new addition. There are i think 23 spec ops, each one good fun, fast paced action missions. I have heard that there will be
more released as dlc and that would add to the enjoyment and length of this game.
On top of all this, there is the cod classics, this is nowhere near as good as cod6 but it it come as a welcome break inbetween cod6 sessions.
The multiplayer in my eyes is ten time better than the cod4 multiplayer and the new weapons and perks far out do its predesessor. there are 15
more levels in multiplayer70 instead of 55 and this is not even counting prestige (though i never saw the point of it anyway)
I would rate it 4 stars for a reason that i will explain, however i think that the game deserves 5 stars and is well worth buying.
I would rate it 4 stars because the hardened is a bit of a rip off, the standard edition is probably a better but.
However i own the hardened and im not disappointed

A great game well worth getting, hardened or not.
on 2 February 2014
My son enjoys it very much. The delivery was quick. Will recommend to anyone who have an older son. That was new game as expected.
on 11 December 2013
Bought for adult son gamer. He is sure to be over the moon. Not expecting many words from him after Xmas dinner.
on 7 November 2014
good game still very good and working set the case is indented
on 3 December 2009
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as a game has declined in quality since playing through the Modern Warfare 1 game which was an addictive peice of short lived joy to play. Now in MW2 we have a short lived game which isnt a joy to play, instead you run through it hopeing for the best, not to get killed by the dozens of enemy that appear randomly at you from all directions and has you screaming with intense frustration until you decide to just switch it off.

Graphically in both the game and the multiplayer the graphics have become smaller in scale, probably to allow for the bigger maps, extra air attacks etc.. so seeing your enemy is now alot harder as they hide amongst the plantation and wait at windows for you to pop into view before shooting you dead. Also if you compare player animation and graphics to MW1 you cant help but feel like we have gone backwards with this latest installment.

Online multiplayer perks have increased, and theres alot more challenges and guns but some of this has become a little more complex with lots more stats, logos and configurations that will have you scratching your heads at times. Whats it all mean? Theres alot more weapon add ons but the balance between weapons is questionable as the shotgun just seems way overpowered now and silenced weapons almost make them redundant of any power from a distance.

Special Ops section is probably the best part of the actual offline game but again this is short sections of the main campaign that dont last very long to be an indepth challenge. Feelings of being slightly short changed do begin to surface over time though. Overall the game isnt a disaster and alot of players will overlook these gripes because its Call Of Duty but you will notice over time that this game hasnt progressed as well as it should have done.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...