on 16 May 2012
Its a great little device, fits flush and is never in the way.
Tested and works for the following phones:

HTC desire HD
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy Note
Iphone 4/4s
Blackberry torch
on 24 April 2010
Having tried two other makes (Belkin and Kensington), this one fitted my 2005 3-Series BMW perfectly and it can stay in place under the compartment lid ready for use. Well made, reasonably fast charge on my iPhone 3GS and the D-ring makes for easy extraction. Good value and recommended.
on 11 January 2011
Got an iPhone 4 for Xmas from the Mrs :) None of my USB car chargers worked. Did some homework looking for one that would work and would fit in my Cayman S. This fits both the cigarette lighter socket and the front charging point and works just fine. Low profile is a bonus as it could work in the very small cigarette compartment and let me close it when not in use. I'm actually using it in the front footwell power socket and for other Cayman users ... it holds back the sprung cover fine so that you can insert the USB cable. I also bought a 2m apple charging cable from Amazon that lets me power my iPhone which I have mounted on the screen next to me. Using TomTom on the iPhone with HD Traffic is way better than an in-car sat nav.
on 9 January 2011
I recently purchased this charger as a replacement for the Easyi charger (also bought on amazon) which has decided to stop charging my ipod touch. I couldn't be more pleased. This small charger is quality and when not in use, looks as though it has always been a part of my car. All that can be seen is a nice cover to your cigarette lighter socket and a small green LED to let you know power is getting to it. Simple, stylish and functional. Perfect.
on 25 February 2011
I recently bought a 2010 BMW 3 series with an auxiliary audio in and 12V power supply in the front arm rest. This little gadget fits perfectly into the 12V socket and then sits almost flush. This now enables me to not only listen to iPod but also to charge it as well. Amazing!
on 6 February 2011
Although this universal Qubits STK CA40 charger has a very neat, compact design, in my experience it fails to meet its claim of supplying a charging current of at least 1A.

When used to charge my HTC Desire, the phone's battery status shows "Charging USB", not "Charging AC". Consequently, if using the HTC Desire's sat nav functionality whilst driving, this Qubits charger does not charge the phone at an adequate rate, so the phone's battery still drains after a period of time, and then you have to resort to using a map book.

Consequently I've returned this charger and have ordered a Fonerange charger instead - according to its customer reviews it's up to the job, so hopefully I'll have more success with this one:

Fonerange In Car Micro USB Charger for HTC Desire, Desire HD, Desire Z, Google Nexus One, Gratia, HD mini, HD2, HD7, Legend, Mozart, Trophy, Wildfire

Verdict: The Qubits STK CA40 fails to supply its claimed high 1A output. Not recommended.
1212 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2010
bought this for my bmw e46 to stay in under the flap so i didnt have to keep takign it out it fits perfectly better fit than the more expensive belkin ones only down side is the led on it stays on when the ignition is off but due to no fault of the item just my bmw keeps power going to the socket regardless of if the car is on or off but its only a led like a alarm so would take a week or so of not being touched to kill the battery
on 17 July 2010
I bought this item to charge my ipod touch and chose it for it's small, compact neat design. It's perfect - sits neatly in the cigarette lighter socket and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like some models. You can leave it in there permanently and just plug the usb cable in when needed. Charges perfectly and well worth the money just for the compact design alone!
on 1 July 2010
I used to use a car charger for my Ipod Touch with the wires built in.But if pulled to hard the connection inside used to brake on the solders, resulting in the charger not working.So this time i went for this type of connection, so i can use the Ipods USB cable instead.

Now dont get me wrong its the best product to use IMO BUT, when i plug it in, it doesn't connect up properly inside the barrel of the cigarette lighter in the car.The LED light goes on and off when you wiggle the product(can be very fustrating at times).When it finds "the sweet spot", the light will stay on if you dont touch it again.Other than the connection being abit dodgey at times in my car(a Honda Integra), i love it and i would recommend this to friends etc.

Would of given the full 5 stars if the connection was perfect.
on 18 September 2012
I bought this USB device to replace the one that came with my Tom-Tom, which got accidentally broken. I'll be using it in an E90 BMW 3-Series. I chose this one, because it had the lowest profile, therefore less likely to get damaged and meet the same fate as the one it replaces.

The good news:

It can power the Tom Tom, and charge a blackberry. Claimed output is 1.2a,which is the same as the Tom Tom device.
It fits almost flush into the socket under the arm rest. This means the lid can close with an average USB cable plugged in, and so can charge a phone on the passenger seat, in the central cubby hole, etc etc.
Some reviewers say there are problems fitting into their cars, but it works fine in all my car's sockets, so I would assume the same would apply to any BMW as they are probably all the same.

The bad news:

It's profile is not quite low enough to plug in an leave in the cigarette lighter slot in front of the gear stick. Fitted the right way up, it is a couple of mm too tall to allow the lid to close. You can turn it around, so that the metal ring (which folds out to pull the device out) is at the top, and fold the ring down when you want to close the lid, which is not really much of a hassle but still not quite as handy as being able to plug it in at forget about it.

Other than that, the device is well made and appears to be up to the job. I've knocked a star off, because if they redesigned the rim slightly then in would fit in a 3 series properly - and since the whole point is to have a low profile, then I think every effort should have been made to try it in common cars and check for potential issues and likely usage scenarios! If it doesn't fit securely in some other models of car, then that bears out this point.