Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 10 November 2009
I enjoyed Keith Salmon's trip down Memory Lane, culminating in his amazing journey to Istanbul in 2005. This is an interesting book as it merges one fan's love for LFC with changes in his own life. There are plenty of laughs and also some darker time, most notably Heysel and Hillsborough. Keith clearly enjoyed writing this book and he also produces some surprises including a revealing chapter on Posh. Peterborough Football Club, of course. Who did you think I meant?
on 30 August 2009
This book is a must for those that have followed Liverpool over their recent past. Written by a "typical" fan, it deals with the wide range of emotions involved in following this club over the last 40 years or so.

Parts of this book should make great reading for all fans, who will surely recognise much of what is said. In particular, I would recommend everyone to read the raw emotions about the Hillsborough disaster and the eye-witness account of what happened that day. Unfortunately, however, I suspect that only Liverpool fans would buy it.

A good read and well worth buying - whichever team you follow.
on 21 February 2011
As a mad Liverpool fan myself, reading this book We Had Dreams & Songs To Sing was Pure Amazing! Not only was this book a bit of a life story, but also a story of a Die Hard Liverpool Fanatic............ It was full of Laughter, true scouse Wit, but also a compassionate feel at times of adversity for not only the author but the Club & millions of Liverpool Fans worldwide could relate too. Personally the fact that Keith has put names of people in the book that i know personally & that he visits the Island of Jersey where i live is brilliant in itself!!!!! The majority of reading this great book, that had many comparissons & Iconic moments that were almost identical to my experiences, thoughts & dreams in following Liverpool FC, in particular Istanbul! How we made it to the final, Trials of getting a match ticket, the stadium on the middle of the moon & of couse all the thoughts, emotions before, during & after the game which will never fade from memory... This is a first class read & i urge any Liverpool Fan around the world to purchase a copy!!! You will not be Dissapointed, pure BRILLIANT KEITH, well done.
on 1 July 2010
Thank you for a wonderful read.

This is a must read for all Liverpool FC fans and football fans in general.

I have supported the Mighty Reds for over 60 years and reading this book brought back lots of memories. Some happy, some distressing. The chapter about the Hillsborough disaster was particularly moving and I must admit I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

You'll Never Walk Alone.
on 21 November 2010
I ordered Keith's book after seeing reviews on the club website. As I'm Australian most of my support for the reds is through the TV or Internet. To get a story so up close and personal from a born and bred Liverpool fan is refreshing. I couldn't put it down! These days you can't always believe the media, so to hear a fans real life story is what been a supporter is all about. Reading Keith's stories made me feel like I was there as I can still remember where I was on some of the big occasions most notably Istanbul in 05 (sadly it wasn't at the game). Keith's re-telling of Hillsborough must have been herd and brought back allot of meories, but It was a chapter that had to be told. Keith manages to intertwine his personal life and sport life superbly and as you come to the end you see how both he and the club he loves have changed.

I urge any person that loves football, not just the Reds to read this book.

YNWA
on 4 July 2011
This book has to be one of my all time favourites. From the very fist pages I was laughing to myself and hooked on what turns out to be one of the best books Ive read in ages. Being a Liverpool fan first and foremost I could relate personally to a lot of the individual little gems that are waiting for you in this book. As a football fan you cant help but get sucked in with the vibrant pictures that the author creates for you.

Brilliant!!
on 29 May 2012
From the lows of Heysel & Hillsborough to the highs of Istanbul ... a fantastic story by a fellow LFC fan. As I was reading the book I found myself comparing my own experiences to Keiths, especially the CL ticket purchase fiasco, the travel chaos, the journey to and from the Ataturk ... that`s before I start on the match itself. Excellent read - recommended. YNWA
on 2 April 2014
Whatever team you follow, this book describes the emotions from a football fan - the trials (some too extreme and hopefully never to be repeated), tribulations, enjoyment, fun and very strong lifelong friendships that are borne from being a football fan. A fantastic read and a mixture of extreme life experiences of a football fanatic
on 30 March 2013
This was bought for a family member and he was delighted with it and said it was interesting and humourous.
on 27 July 2012
I bought this book on the strength of previous reviews, hoping, as a Liverpool fan, to reminisce over past glories, given recent trials and tribulations at the club. How disappointed I was to be.

The first thing that becomes apparent after just a few pages reading is the number of grammatical errors. I'm not sure whether the book has been poorly written, poorly edited or poorly translated to Kindle. Nouns pluralised with apostrophes, spelling errors, and the use of commas for all punctuation. In a lot of cases the book has the feel of having been written by a primary school child: "I did this, then I did this, then I did this...". Perhaps acceptable for a free Kindle book, certainly not from a full price purchase.

One thing to be aware of is that large parts of the book do not deal at all with football, rather the author's own life and travels. Keith Salmon seems like a decent enough fellow, but his (non-footballing) voyages abroad do not make for interesting reading. In respect of football, I found it quite strange that only a few games are actually covered in any depth. The matches that you would expect are there - Istanbul, Heysel and Hillsborough, along with a handful of others. You can't help but feel that it might have been wiser to include more games, rather than the padding that the sections relating to Salmon's personal life basically amount to.

It's not all bad - the chapter relating to Hillsborough is, although poorly written, certainly engaging, as the author witnesses the disaster unfold before him. He is candid in describing the effect that afternoon had on him, and (rightfully) rages against the lies and injustice suffered by the ninety-six. In the end however, there are superior, better written options on the market, most notably (in my opinion) Brian Reade's "44 Years with the Same Bird", available for around the same price.