Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Cloud Drive Photos Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 August 2009
I bought this on a whim, and was not disappointed. Lots of familiar melodies and rhythms, relaxing and up-beat at the same time. Suitable for playing in the background to quiet activity or conversation, as well as (of course) actively listening to and enjoying!
on 25 March 2012
The compact disc the best of Sergio Mendes is truly the best of Sergio Mendes.If you like Brazilian music.... look no further, just buy it!!!
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2012
Buy the Essential Sergio Mendes if you want the original versions of the classics.
mais ue nada is hip hop on this, and the incredibly sensuous Look of Love, the original music to seduce by has been turned into bouncy bouncy, bubble gum pop. It made my teeth ache.
It's travesty, buy one of the original older albums, not only are they cheaper, they are so much better.
on 2 July 2011
I have always loved Latin American music particularly the bossa nova sounds. This album captures the very essence of Sergio Mendes and the uniqueness of the atmosphere of Brazil that he has made his own. Play this especially when the weather is real grotty and you'll feel as if it's steaming hot.
on 7 September 2013
I fell in love with Sergio Medes and Brasil 66 back in 1968. I bought the vinyls of Brasil 66 and 77 and played them for years, also putting them on cassette for use in the car. They've all been stored for years when we moved on to CDs, but seeing this at such a good price I had to buy it and now I'm driving the wife and grankids up the wall playing them all the time. Marvellous music and I still remember the words!
on 5 November 2013
This collection is a bit samey Although it does have the classic Sergio Mendes tracks you might expect. Not as modern as the cover suggests - lots of 70s music - great if that's your thing.
on 22 November 2012
Best of Sergio Mendes: Not quite what I thought I was buying - my fault, the modern 'updates' don't add much to these calssic tunes & songs.Overall OK though as a sample o Braszilian jazz.
on 7 February 2013
Timeless Latin melodies. Dance, or listen and relax - you choose. Unbeatable price - a lot of Bongo for your buck (ouch!).
on 9 August 2014
Great album
on 1 January 2014
I think I was looking for a "live" album and this is quite non descript. Okay for low level background music.