5.0 out of 5 stars Even I can use it.
Thought I would be good and read the instructions before I tried it - why break the habits of a lifetime. Discarded them and got it going - Excellent bit of kit. Even I can get the guitar in tune - I usually have problems differentiating between notes if they are on the same string.
Compact, affordable, simple to use ....... recommended.
Published on 27 April 2011 by DogFoodDave

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do non-standard tunings well
Bought this to replace a similar KORG tuner I'd had previously, and there seems to be a major difference between my previous one and this one: this tuner will only let you tune to the standard EADGBe strings, unless you manually make it 1-5 semitones flatter. Even then it's not particularly useful - you'd have to manually calculate how many semitones your tuning was from...
Published 12 months ago by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Even I can use it., 27 April 2011
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Compact, affordable, simple to use ....... recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Early warning..., 3 Aug 2010
D. Ratcliffe "dr4664" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
This is a great tuner for the guitar in my opinion, works well and does the job, had no problems with ambient noise or battery life but it's still early days. However, if you own an iPhone don't buy this product. Gibson do an app for free on the App Store which does exactly the same job FOR FREE!! Although it is frustrating still a good solid tuner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Tuner, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Absolutely brilliant? It is exactly what I wanted and worked easily. It is so quick to tune my guitar .

5.0 out of 5 stars KORG GA1 GUITAR / BASS TUNER, 2 Jun 2012
Mr. Kiley Derek Spencer (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
This is a great little Tuner. It works exceptionally well and is very accurate. I can tune my 6,7 & 12 string guitars with ease. I can even use it to tune my Mandolin. It's excellent value for money. I just bought it as a backup in case my other tuner broke but I find I use this one more often. Totally recommended product. 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting robust tuner, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
I've had a korg tuner which I've used and gigged with for years and years. So when I saw pretty much the same (if not exactly the same) one still being made I bought it for my boy who's learning guitar. There's nothing fancy going on - but it does what you want it to and doesn't break. Batteries seem to last for ever in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
My daughter and brother needed this for my daughters guitar. My brother says its a good buy as he and my daughter are both able to use the device well. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Korg GA1 Guitar Tuner, 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
An excellent product, I have been playing the classical guitar for a few years and have never had a very good ear to tune my strings. This little device is really great and allows me to tune the strings spot on by using the displayed meter and it even tells you the string you are playing. It has AAA batteries which are cheap and easy to change, and is a robust little unit. I am going to buy another one for my son - thank you Amazon and Korg nice to find a quality product that does the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Korg Guitar Tuner, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Having had may various guitar tuners over many years I went back to Korg and found the GA-1, my very first one was a Korg purchased in Denmark Street way way back.

I have to say the GA-1 although electronic works extremely well, it's so simple to use and accurate. I've used it to tune a varied range of guitars, accoustic and electric with excellent results.

It comes highly recommended- well done Korg

5.0 out of 5 stars If there's 1 guitar and bass tuner you buy make it this 1!, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
I decided to get myself a decent quality tuner after my other Tiger chromatic tuner (which you can buy on Amazon) turned out to be not as great as I thought it was! That tuner was excellent for guitar but after recently purchasing a bass and trying to use that tuner on it, the darn thing completely failed to tune the bass - it wouldn't recognise half the strings! So after some understandable frustration I decided this time around to get myself a decent quality tuner more specific for the guitar and this is what I got. I have absolutely no regrets!

Upon my first use which I immediately tried on my bass guitar to test its success it worked perfectly! Within about 30 seconds I had successfully tuned the bass guitar up accurately. I was amazed! Then I tried it on my guitar and it instantly had the exact same effect and my guitar was tuned perfectly within seconds!

I cannot recommend this tuner enough to be honest because it is fantastic. If you are a guitarist/bassist and want a decent tuner, and you're willing to fork out that 7.50 then you won't regret it. I have had numerous experiences with tuners and they've turned out to be quite irritating to use but this one is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tuner, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
What can I say about a Tuner...
Well it appears quite well constructed, seems as though it'll last for quite some time.
Tuning wise, it is very easy to get your Guitar/Bass tuned quickly, once you plug in your guitar (or you can use the inbuilt microphone if you so desire) and start plucking your strings it will display what key your string is closest to being tuned to, and a little indicator that shows how far off of the exact tone you are, it's then fairly easy to find out which way you have to twist your knobs to get the right tone.
I would say however that this tuner dosen't seem to be able to 'hear' you playing when you pluck too lightly, and then dislikes it also when the strings make that horrible twanging noise if you puck them too hard, so find a nice mid-point lik I did.

Korg GA-1 Guitar Tuner