I was fed up with swapping over my 8GB and 4GB cards in my PSP so I could keep movies, music and all my games on the cards so after seeing the incredibly low price for this Lexar 16GB card I snapped one up.

The image currently shows a plain Memory Stick Pro Duo but when the card came I found that it was actually a Mark 2. Mark 2's have improved performance so it was a very welcome surprise.

Once I'd formatted the card (3 minutes) in the PSP and moved everything over from my old cards I still had at least 4GB to spare. This includes 7 downloaded games from the PSN store, 2 full movies, 7 albums and some pictures plus the new comic store with the free Transformers comic. pretty impressive.

So if you have a PSP 1000, 2000 or 3000 (the old model, slim model or current non PSP-Go model) this is an essential purchase, especially considering all the games that are now finding their way on to PSN.
on 9 November 2011
I own a Sony DCR-SR35E hybrid camcorder. It has a 30GB hard drive but it also has a Memory Stick Pro Duo card slot. So I checked on the Sony website and found that despite alot of incorrect infomation given by various sudo experts and a lack of information in the manual, Sony confirmed that the slot could accomodate a 32GB card. So I ordered right away and it works brilliantly. The card is fast enough to cope with full quality video and now gives me over 15 hours recording time. So I'm very happy with it. :-) Does what it was intended for. I believe most Sony devices with Memory Stick Pro Duo slots can take 32GB cards. Check with Sony first though to be sure! :-)
on 27 July 2011
I bought the Lexar 32GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for my PSP, so I'm basing this review on my experience with that.
Scroll to the bottom if you just want the PRO/CONS.

Perhaps most importantly for PSP owners, this card IS Magic Gate compatible. Magic Gate is Sony's copyright protection technology. It verifies the licenses attached to purchased content. If you buy a memory card which is either counterfeit or doesn't specify that it's Magic Gate compatible, you simply won't be able to use your licensed content. This card IS Magic Gate compatible, and I have purchased & downloaded three games to this card so far and have played them without any issues.

The capacity of the card has a slight impact on the booting and loading speeds of the PSP. This can't be helped. The system needs to read and check the entire card each time it accesses it, so you will wait for a second or two longer than you would if you used memory card of lower capacity.

This card is Mark 2 which, on paper, gives it the same performance in terms of read and write speed as Sony's own Pro Duo 32GB.

The card doesn't need to be formatted once inserted into your PSP, and it gives over 29GB of usable memory.

The package the card is supplied in is easy to open. There's a small tab at the bottom right, just under where Mark 2 is printed. I opened the pack easily by simply pulling both sides of the pack apart using this tab. There's also a dotted line to cut along if you prefer to use a scissors.

PROS:
Affordable alternative to Sony's own Pro Duo card - roughly £25 cheaper at time of review.
Magic Gate Compatible - necessary for PSN licensed content.
Over 29GB usable memory on PSP.
HD Compatible - for those using it in cameras/camcorders.
Mark 2 gives a faster read/write speed.
10 Year Limited Warranty.
Easy open packaging.
Free shipping & swift delivery if purchased from Amazon.

CONS:
None for me, but slower booting due to high capacity (just a few seconds) may annoy some users.
on 6 December 2010
After much deliberation over what size to get - seeing how much they were in the shops etc... I had a look online and was astounded to see pro duo's twice the capacity and half the price!!!!

This is an absolute bargain... so don't go thinking you will make do with an 8gig... make full use of the PSP shop and download to you hearts content with this baby!

I did all the looking for you - so do yourself a favour and just buy it (unless you can afford the 32gig of course)
on 17 September 2014
After a few attempts using Lexar memory devices, it is time to move on. Even if the seller is verified by amazon and sells on their behalf I would not trust using a Lexar product.
I'm not sure if they are an awful company producing knock off goods or have just had the bad luck to be taken over by easily replicated fakes.
Four out of the five cards I have purchased have not worked, and only one of the non working devices was able to be reformatted using cmd, which worked for two weeks before finally kicking the bucket.
AVOID
on 16 February 2010
As others have said I also received the better Mark 2 version of the memory stick. It arrived within 3 days, in perfect condition and in official packaging (sold by Amazon, not a marketplace seller). I bought it as I needed a good bit of space for my PSP 3000 (the most recent Slim and Lite version) for downloadable games. There are 32GB sticks available but they're around £100 and seeing as I don't use my PSP for music or films, I went for the cheaper 16GB as it should be enough for a few games. It was 15GB when I put it in my PSP and booted it up. As is the norm with storage of any kind, you never get the full stated capacity, although this is a technical issue with all memory cards/hard drives etc, not a swindle from the manufacturers. It works absolutely fine, I just used my PC to copy all the folders from my smaller 4GB stick over to the 16GB stick.

Although I don't notice any particular improvement in speed when loading games stored on this Mark 2 version compared to my previous regular Memory Stick Pro Duo, this wasn't the reason I bought this stick, and the loading times weren't long before anyway. I believe digital cameras make better use of the faster speeds. The stick works fine and it's big enough for me, so it does exactly what it's supposed to do.
on 27 January 2010
I bought this card as I had read reviews that it was a mark 2 and had 5 stars off everybody. It is indeed a mark 2. The service I have received from amazon is by far the best I have received from ANY online company.

Unfortunately, when formatting the card in a vista pc/laptop, it only shows the card as a 2.9gb rather than a 16gb. I asked why this is to lexar online but returned the item whilst awaiting a reply from them.

Amazon again were superb in their returns details, supplying postage paid paperwork. They also posted the replacement card to me on the day I told them, meaning I received this the next day, again, excellent service.

I received a return email from lexar explaining that the card has to be formatted in a windows xp or 2000 system (not a vista). This is extremely disappointing as windows 2000 was released 10 years ago and xp around 7-8 years ago. Anyone with a newer pc may encounter problems formatting correctly. Luckily, I found an xp laptop - but still had the same problem with the new card (only showing a capacity of 2.9gb). I was about to give up but then found another xp laptop at work and it formatted ok in this, giving close to it's capacity (14.9gb of 16gb)- this is normal!

I have rated the item as 4 out of 5 stars only because of amazons excellent service. I do feel it should state that there could be issues when formatting with a non xp/2000 pc or laptop. This could save people a lot of time and energy asking why the capacity is wrong.

So far the item is working fine, now it has been formatted correctly.
on 10 January 2010
this is great for sony cameras, its cheap (compared to other 16gb i have looked at), and its orignal mark 2 magicgate, which i didnt see on the picture displayed, but when arrived all genuine and mark2, i got this for my sony w270 camera and its brill, recomend to buy this!
on 23 June 2013
I am going on holiday all over Canada for three weeks and will not be able to download photos, I am now confident that the 16 GB will cover my needs with over 3600 images at 4:3 9M.

Arrived on time. Reasonable price.
on 19 December 2014
Although the shape is the same as the one I wanted, this item does not fit, dimensions would have been useful as the camera is an older model Sony Cybershot - we live and learn.