5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to
We bought this to take on holiday with us to Florida. We used a normal cool bag last time we went which was fine but a pain when you needed to take it with you to queue for a ride or to take it somewhere where we couldn't take the buggies. This one fitted over the handles of the buggies fine and was comfortable enough to wear on your back when needed.

We were...
Published on 9 Jun 2011 by Aud

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, shame about the straps
The bag itself seemed quite small, but seemed to hold quite alot of stuff. However, the straps have already started to come unstitched, even those without any direct strain on them. One of the zip clasps broke on first use. Would have sent it back, but have lost the receipt.
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by Guernsey Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)

We were often out in the sun for much of the day. We used it for keeping water cool. I froze a couple of small bottles of water which kept the others cool. When we ran out of the unfrozen water we had to take the frozen ones out of the bag to melt them as even though they'd been in the bag for hours in the blazing sun they were still mostly frozen.

The design of the bag is not very attractive but I knew that when I bought it so I'm not marking it down for that. Apart from that, couldn't be happier with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooler knapsack, 31 July 2010
T. Wooding (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
I am very pleased with the product, smaller than I thought, but will have to eat less on a picnic. I like the idea of the internal part of the knapsack can be removed for cleaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Aug 2010
no1riggie (Ayr, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
This coolbag works very well. Its a reasonable size. It was big enough for sandwiches and drinks for 3 of us. It's comfortable to wear and the removable lining is a great idea. All in all, a very good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, shame about the straps, 24 Aug 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Draper 77589 backpack cool bag, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
We purchased two of these backpack cool bags to use during a sight seeing trip to Italy. Knowing how expensive it would be eating out during the day with two teenage Sons, picnics were an ideal option.
The product was well designed easy to wear and did what they were purchased for i.e. the kept our food and drink fresh and cool. the only down side is the quality. They are not very durable and one was even received from Amazon with two straps broken. Would pay more for better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fridge on the move!, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Fab for packing up all my food for long twelve hour shifts. Saves on expensive canteen food and means I can stick to my diet. Good quality and hardwearing fabric.

4.0 out of 5 stars Done the job!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
I have had this bag for 5 years before the stitching broke and used it as a cool bag in Florida - works really well! It holds a great deal and the front pouch is quite large too. Because of its square shape it packs tall bottles and is comfortable to carry - doesn't slump down your back. The zips go half way down the sides for easy access. It could do with being just a little larger but we carried up to 6 500ml bottles plus sandwiches, cake and small bits and pieces. Obviously it could fit more bottles but would weigh more!
I also used it to carry my sports clothes to work
three times a week for the last two years and so it has done rather a lot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - poor quality, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a great idea, perfect size and very comfortable straps. My freeze board fits perfectly. But, and it's a very big 'but' The quality is dreadful. The first one I received had ripped insulation, so I sent for another. This also had a tear and as I opened the zip fully to see if I could tape it up, it ripped even more. The insulation is so thin I think it would probably rip as soon as i put anything in.

What a shame. This would have been perfect. I give this 2 stars because if you manage to get one that isn't ripped I'm sure it would be very useful, as it is, I've given up and am searching for another....

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Don't believe the "manufactured to high quality standards" statement in the product description.
You can also disregard the "good value for money".

Empty words.

The truth.....poor build quality - falling to pieces straight out of the pack.

The inner linings and velcro strips are weak and badly stitched. If it arrives intact, unlike mine in which the linings were damaged, you will be lucky to get a single use out of it before if begins to fall apart at the seams.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
In the past week I have had two of these ccol bags delivered. The first had a split in the lining, the liner had split where it was stiched. This I thought may have been a one off problem.
I returned the item (Amazon returns are fantastic, very efficient) and requested a replacement. The replacement was with me in two days great I thought as we were going out the following day and a packed lunch was required. Not to be I find as the second bag has a buckle missing completly. Returns procedure put in place again. I will not be replacing the bag with another Draper item I'm going for another make. I would not give it 1 star but cannot sumit without the star!!!

Draper 77589 Backpack Cool Bag