Ok so I bought a new Viper RS-V131 Bluetooth helmet and decided that as with all helmets that an anti-fog insert would be required. First off I have used Fog City inserts in the past and i have to say that the Oxford version is a lot flimsier and of course it doesn't have the reactive tinting, but it is a lot cheaper. Fitting was pretty easy but it does buckle easily when you are trying ot get a decent fit, there are protective covers front and rear that peel off easily. If works, after a fashion. I ride every day, wind rain and freezing temperatures are very common (Winter, Cumbria) and it does do the job to a degree. But it seems to mist up when stationary in traffic and can be a little tricky to clear. Overall not bad, but if you get rain inside then when you try to wipe it the visor buckles and can easily be creased. Mine seems to have stuck OK(ish) you can pull it off and reposition if you need, but unless they come with superglue than i think they are all pretty much the same. Due to the thinness of the material it seems that the edges are prone to a slight whistle if you have any sirflow under the visor at speed.
For cost its not a bad item, but I think next time i might shell out a little extra for a better quality item.
on 23 May 2011
Having first fitted an anti-fog visor insert five or six years ago,I would never ride without one now. This Oxford one is a little bit fiddly to fix correctly(as they all are).....but not too difficult if you take your time. Once it's on it works a treat and does what it's supposed to. I found that it just, and I mean just, fits onto the visor of my Caberg Kondo helmet. You can buy more expensive anti-fog inserts......but you don't need to as this one works fine. Just make sure you fit it correctly and that it is stuck down completely around the edge and you won't have any problems with steaming up, no matter how much of a heavy breather you are!
on 4 February 2012
Bought 2 of these now,1st one lasted a week 2nd one lasted 24hrs,The glue sticking the insert to the visor is rubbish it holds it for a while then it comes unstuck & falls off,They work brill when there stuck on with no mist at all & i think a genious idea but the glue is pants! What a waist of money as these are not cheap for what they are (a bit of window film),Dont waist your money!!
on 19 May 2015
**UPDATE** 3 months later the glue has come off making it pretty useless, up until then it was perfect. Really disappointed...

Read the reviews and was a bit hesitant. My friend who has had a bike for years told me I needed one of these as I don't have a pin lock visor.

Yeah the instructions don't seem amazing but that's because is just so simple. Just search on YouTube for fitting instructions. Works amazingly well, I couldn't fog up the insert no matter how hard I tried.

My attempt at a during guide below...

Take your visor off your helmet, clean it with a baby wipe then dry it with some kitchen role.

Take the plastic cover off the visor and pinch the ends so it's almost in half (don't fold it, it should have a curved middle.) Place it in the middle of your visor and let the ends fall, check for positioning and lifts and move if necessary.

Smooth down the edges from the middle out, then take of the back cover.

Job done!
on 10 December 2011
Bought this product hoping it would solve a problem

1. Instructions very poor, not precise enough especially attempting to take off the protection sleeves of the actual visor.

2. First use of this with the helmet on..... no good. Inside gets misted up... what's the point of calling it Anti-fog if it doesn't prevent misting inside ?

3. Had to open the visor to clear the mist... while travelling. Obviously your face then gets a freezing blast of cold air. What I didn't expect was that the visor which was supposedly stuck down --- flapped free from one side of the visor.
THIS IS DANGEROUS --- I couldn't see for a few seconds until I closed the visor fully down Oxford Ultra Clear Anti-Fog Visor Insert.-- incidentally it wasn't fully open, only a fraction to let in air to demist the supposedly non-misting visor.

4. What a waste of money --- I advise people to use the 'pin' products maybe this will be better than a stick down --- at least get it put in professionally.
on 29 June 2013
The adhesive did not stick for long even though I cleaned the visor meticulously. I have had to stick it down with adhesive tape, which is disappointing considering the cost of the item.
on 17 October 2013
the quality of this visor insert is rubbish, the glue disovled in water (rain) and fell off into my face as i was riding...
I had previously used a visor insrt (different make - Fog city)which lasted over 5 years and was difficult to remove.
I can't comprehend how a sheet of plastic can possibly cost nearly £15 pounds!!!, it really isn't worth 50p
on 3 December 2013
there was a problem trying to get it stick so wasnt any use it was a waste of money for me
on 15 February 2014
Needed an antifog shield for my helmet and thought these were universal so managed to fit it onto my suomy gunwind (just). Fitted it a few weeks before the cold wet weather came and worked fine for a few of the Cold damp mornings. However after that I noticed the glue stated to go a milky colour and then the shield started to come unstuck!.. It looks like it was the damp making the glue go soft. It eventually started to steam up so I removed it. In total it only lasted me a week of bad weather. The shield looks a little too big for modern day helmets (could do with a redesign) as the visors are a little smaller now. I was disappointed with the product personally, but years ago I fitted one of these to an older helmet and it was perfect so maybe I got a bad one, but for the price I think they a bit on the expensive side.
on 9 October 2010
I've been using Oxford Ultra Clear Anti-Fog Visor Insert since a few years. When riding in rain or temperature below 15C, it's excellent not to have any fog on the visor. It's pretty easy to install and it'll protect the visor from getting foggy for two years.

See one answered question