1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars weak, 4 Feb. 2011
Erastes (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Taste Of Honey (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I didn't enjoy the book at all. While not being badly written (apart from the sex scenes which struck me as rather bleak, clinical and non-erotic in the extreme) I couldn't warm to Antoine in the slightest. He lurches from spoiled brat to frustrated spoiled brat and that's about it, and I wasn't won over by him and the way he thought he was in love after one painful shag. There's a lot of repetitive angst and sections which simply ask for suspension of disbelief. One minute he's worrying about how dangerous France is, politically, the next he's getting his cock out in public. We are told that Honey is the "property" of an English lord which is errant bilge-although I think the author didn't actually mean to imply that Honey is a slave, that's how it comes over in the book and the blurb.

The denouement is little better, and considers more suspension of belief, I'm afraid, and I really felt that I'd wasted an hour of my time, so apart from the actual writing which isn't that bad, I can't find anything in this book to recommend, as the plot is weak, the history pretty much non-existent and the erotica not very erotic.

A Taste Of Honey