1,668 Reviews
 (1,158)

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D Makes it a better film
I purchased this at HMV due to promising a movie night at my house and unfortunately my Amazon purchase did not arrive on time (yet - Royal Mail issue?), but this is exactly the same film - therefore is not an Amazon verified purchase.

Like I always say, I am dubious of reviews before the product is released as I do not feel this is a true representation of...
Published 24 months ago by Mr. Russell A. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, but special edition on the way...
Ok so the film we all know about, how can you not? Personally I expected to dislike it given the enormous amount of hype that went with it, but in actual fact I thought it was an amazing film, dazzling, exciting, well acted, great effects and an immersive adventure, which whilst simple in story was perfect in execution. The Blu-Ray disc is pretty much going to be the...
Published on 26 April 2010 by Deckard

‹ Previous | 1157 158 159167 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Avatar, 18 May 2010
Mrs. L. M. O'brien (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Received in good condition and on time, have not yet had time to watch the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 May 2010
S. Gue "Simon" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was an amazing story and the computer generated stuff is seamless. I would only say that the 3D was not as good as I expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film-making., 2 May 2010
Mr. T. A. Maurice "Film Addict" (Essex,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar (DVD + Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
One can forgive a film having a simplistic storyline if that film captures,and holds,one's imagination,and interest.
I was quickly drawn into the alien world created by James Cameron,and remained spellbound to the end credits.
All credit to James Cameron for his breadth of vision,and to his team for so ably realising that vision on screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 27 Mar 2010
Hanne Böckhaus "Eikica" (Sandager, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
Got to the best made film I've seen till now! Fantastic universe they created! Great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars True Blue...., 1 Jan 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this at the cinema yesterday in 3D and was left rather flat by the experience. Clearly if you are the kind of person who judges films and games by the graphics or special effects then you will love this. But you only need to look a little deeper to realise that the film is actually rather dull and predictable. It felt very much like the film was made by a company that usually produces games based on blockbuster movies which is an odd volte-face.

I found my attention starting to drift after about an hour and it was only re-engaged towards the end which was nothing if not exciting though nonsensical. 99% of people will find this film a thrill ride from start to finish. If you prefer something with a little depth (and I know that is a taboo word in this country) then look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cash-in, 9 Oct 2010
V. K. Manglaveras (thessaloniki, greece) - See all my reviews
We own the original blue ray theatrical version and now we get 8 more minutes and for this we must pay 17 MORE UK POUNDS ?
Sorry but i i'm not a sucker....

1.0 out of 5 stars crap, 30 May 2010
Krystie Maddox-lue (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
one word: pocahontas. that's all this film is, pocahontas in space, and without the amazing songs. the storyline's as predictable as the characters; i think James Cameron must have thrown up and this script was one of the contents of his stomach because there's simply no value to it whatsoever. well, that might be a little harsh, it has good sfx... yeah that's it for the positives. if you like hollywood's regenerated vomit - such as district 9 - buy this. if you value cinematography as an art, rent it or borrow it, cause you'll only want to see it once and that's for the sfx.

oh, and just so people know, this is only the 'highest grossing film ever' when you forget to take in the rate of inflation - casablanca's still technically the highest grossing film. a true masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avatar - A Must See, 6 Feb 2010
Mr. P. E. Garner (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar: Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Have seen Avatar in 2D and 3D and its just brilliant. Parts of the 3D film were mega but at the same time some of surrounding picture was blurred. However overall, wouldn't have missed it.

2.0 out of 5 stars rerelease in Autumn?, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched Avatar in cinema and enjoyed it, my main complaint about this DVD is that the movie is being considered for 'rerelease'in the cinemas in the autumn, so i wouldn't buy the DVD now as it's not going to have the full story, and it won't have all the special features.

‹ Previous | 1157 158 159167 | Next ›

Avatar: Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray]
Avatar: Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] by James Cameron (Blu-ray - 2010)