5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely excellent.
Published on 29 Aug 2010 by G. Mackey

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor mAh, closer to 2400mAh not 2900mAh as claimed.
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Mr. W. P. Bartlett

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor mAh, closer to 2400mAh not 2900mAh as claimed., 11 Aug 2011
Mr. W. P. Bartlett "Hoot owl hoot" (Knaresborough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EXTREME 2900 mAh AA (LR06) Ni-MH RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES (4 PACK) (Electronics)
I bought these to use in Radio Microphones so need a product with a dependable mAh rating. I use a professional charger which indicates all the 8 batteries I bought fail to come close to the 2900mAh rating even after putting them on charge/discharge cycles to prepare them for use. Even after using the refresh cycle on my charger not one of the batteries came off at anywhere near 2900mAh typically varying between 2400 and 2450mAh. Uniross 2700mAh rated batteries regularly achieve 2800mAh so I would go for those or try another brand if you want a dependable long lasting AA nimh cell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely excellent., 29 Aug 2010
G. Mackey - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
One reviewer made the comment about there being nothing to say about batteries unless they don't work. Well, I disagree. I have an old 6Mp camera that ate AA batteries. I would typically get a 40 shots with 1900mA/hour batteries, & 70 shots with 2700mA/hour Sony batteries, which were as good as any on the market. When on holiday, I had to take at least twelve batteries with me just to keep up with the attrition rate. I bought another camera to replace it, but after it went feet up, I decided to resurrect the old Samsung again, as it was (a) Reliable, & (b) Took really good photos.

I really needed some batteries that would let me get at least 100 shots before recharging, so I though I would try these Extreme 2900 cells. They are advertised as being good in cameras, so I bought a pack. I charged them up fully & then proceeded to take 496 (yes, FOUR HUNDRED & NINETY SIX) shots on two batteries, and some of those were with the flash. Brilliant!!

So, if you think there's nothing to say about batteries, then try a pack of these. 5 stars?? They are MUCH better than that!!

5.0 out of 5 stars say goodbye to replacing AA batteries, 10 Feb 2010
These batteries are a great substitute for alkaline. Will pay for themselves many times over. Unbeatable value.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 14 Oct 2010
A. S. Jones "jeffnandy" (somerset UK) - See all my reviews
I have now bought quite a few of these batteries, both AA and AAA. My previous experiences with rechargeable batteries was always that of, didn't last long and seem to run down on their own, even when not being used. These batteries on the other hand seem to prove exactly the opposite. I am using them in 2 cordless mice, an automatic night light, a wifi keyboard, electric salt and pepper grinders, a wine breather, a motorcycle alarm pager, a treadmill display and 3 'push' lights. In short, everything except clocks and tv remote controls. I bought the first set of 3 X 12 AAAs about 9 months ago. I am very pleased with them and will buy more as needs arise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Batteries and Service, 29 Aug 2010
EXTREME 2900 mAh AA (LR06) Ni-MH RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES (4 PACK).
A first class product from a first class company, it arrived in just a couple of days from when I placed the order, well done and I would certainly purchase from this company again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 28 Oct 2010
Amazon Customer "Stevie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought these for use in my Apple wireless keyboard. I chose them because of the long battery life implied by the "2900 mAh" in the title.

The batteries work just about acceptably, butthey don't hold their charge - so there's no point in recharging them more than a couple of days before using them - and, fresh from the charger, my Mac shows them as having 67% charge (by way of contrast, another brand of rechargeable - see my other reviews - shows 90% - I've never seen more than this). The keyboard gets through the pair of batteries in about 3 weeks.

So, sorry but these are disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars May be not so extreme, 15 Mar 2011
These NiMH batteries are not quite what they say on the 'tin'. When first charged with a specific NiMH charger and used with my GPS they lasted for 30 minutes - should have been between 15 and 20h! So to get to the bottom of the problem I put them on charge refresh in an intelligent charger (Tecnoline BC-700)and after 3 days they came back up to 2300mAh. So the moral is - unless you have a good intelligent charger discharge /charge repeatedly 4 or 5 times if you want the extreme capacity. Who said NiMH have no memory effect?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome batteries!, 27 July 2010
The batteries were reliable and easy to charge to capacity. We used them in an action camera mounted to a helmet while touring around Spain. The batteries never failed us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and Durability, 29 July 2011
EXTREME 2900 mAh AA (LR06) Ni-MH RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES (4 PACK)

After searching the internet for rechargeable batteries for my digital camera (which seems to eat batteries) I found these. The milliamp per hour rating is much higher than better known battery brands meaning a much longer battery life. The chemical composition means that these are the most advanced batteries yet, with no memory effect (this happens when you charge batteries when they are not completely discharged, or constantly charge them (like laptop batteries)) they are certainly the right choice. As for cost, I searched extensively on the internet even on specialist battery websites and this is great value for money. Decent disposable batteries are not cheap, so for a few pounds more rechargeable batteries of this quality are the way ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera batteries, 19 Jun 2010
R. Morris (Kidderminster UK) - See all my reviews
Gave really good life when used in my digital camera.
Will buy again if necessary.