4.0 out of 5 stars not the wire

Published on 27 Sept. 2009 by D. Childs

4.0 out of 5 stars not the wire, 23 Mar. 2011
D. M. Hampson (Girne North Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
for me this could have been better it starts well but then somehow seems to taper off a bit. Slater is good in the role and the series idea is a good one but like all the american stuff of late it goes into we must talk mode when a bit of action is needed ive watched a few episodes and ive put it aside maybe i`ll go back to it or maybe not, its something thats there for later when i get fed up of cutting my toenails

4.0 out of 5 stars ... i read some of the reviews & it looked good, but when i saw the ending i was ..., 21 July 2014
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I had not seen this on tv i read some of the reviews & it looked good , but when i saw the ending i was so disapointed with the ending if they were not going to make another series they could have written a better ending ,

4.0 out of 5 stars Another one bites the dust, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
An intriguing premise, a likeable cast, clever plotting. Of course it was going to get cancelled after just one series. Still it's worth it while it lasts and the double cliffhanger ending (one for Henry / Edward and one for Tom / Raymond) mean that there is plenty of room for fans to fill in the blanks. If no network picks this up then it could work well in graphic novel format.

Fingers crossed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another show cancelled too early, 9 Nov. 2013
C. J. Gornall (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
OK, here we go again....another great show cancelled by a committee of overpaid morons.

Christian Slater has a great time playing Henry, a mid level office drone with the standard wife & 2 kids & alter ego Edward, his split personality who is a James Bond type working for a nefarious American secret agency. The stories are fun, the action is exciting & the supporting cast is excellent, particularly James Cromwell as the truly creepy & devious agency head.

It's a real shame that only 9 episodes were made, particularly as the characters back stories were all starting to develop in interesting ways, especially Henry/Edward's best friend Tom/Raymond who works for the same agency. Raymond's sorting out of Tom's wife's hit & run problem (I promise it all makes sense if you watch it) was marvellous & really rather touching.

Best line goes to Edward though, bemoaning a missed assassination opportunity: "Where was I when I needed myself"?

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 Sept. 2011
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
8 episodes of action packed plot , well acted, keeps you on the edge of your seat, funny at times, probably best not to try a series 2,but the ending leaves the door open

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this series when it was on tv, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this series when it was on tv, was dissapointed when it wasnt renewed for a second series

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Nov. 2011
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This series is AMAZING!!!!!! Sooo gutted they didn't make a second series, but a brilliant watch, everytime an episode finishes it leaves you needing more..... Christian slater is amazing as usual and gorgeous!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent but shocking that it was cancelled!, 20 Sept. 2011
Jawaad Ahmed "jay" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
my Own Worst Enemy is probably the best new show this year, and it looks pretty promising. It has the right amount of action, drama, and humor in it,and the script is somewhat original compared to the usual we-are-cops-and-we-fight-crime shows.Yes there have been lots of fictions about secret agents before, but here, it deals with split personalities, the reaction of a normal person turned into a professional killer, and the way an antisocial and ruthless agent can manage his everyday family life. The actors are also all very convincing, especially Christian Slater, who, in my opinion, deserves an award for his performance as Henry/Edward. That said, I really don't understand why this show should be canceled by the network. I think it just needs time to find its public.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Oct. 2014
paula. (birmingham) - See all my reviews
good, many thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars dawn, 27 Sept. 2009
This review is from: My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I really didn't enjoy this series which is a shame as I normally like Christian Slater. The series was reccommended to me by my sister but I'm sorry to say I only made it through the first 2 episodes before bordom set in. I think the main problem was that the main character was unlikeable, as were the supporting characters. The idea of an alterego having a seperate life which impacts on the 'real life' of the main character has been done before and better.

My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD]
My Own Worst Enemy: Season 1 [DVD] by Christian Slater (DVD - 2009)