Price:£6.78+ Free shipping

on 9 May 2010
We had minutes of fun before it broke but to be fair it was only a stocking filler last Christmas.

Great idea but could do better
on 9 September 2010
This was one of several toys, including three "Science Museum"-branded gadgets, that we bought for a flight-themed "Science Weekend" with my nephews aged 5, 8 and 10.

This toy should demonstrate Newton's Third Law of Motion, often stated as "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".

To operate the helicopter, you blow up the balloon and attach it to the helicopter blades. Air is released from the balloon, channelling down the blades to be released at their tips, which should cause the helicopter to fly - up to 50m high according to the Amazon, though the box only claims 20m.

I wasn't expecting it to fly to such heights, and would have been happy with any significant lift, but we could only get it to spiral half-heartedly to the ground. Two balloons were supplied. They were flimsy and burst after a couple of attempts to get the helicopter to fly. An alternative product is this Balloon Helicopter Novelty Toy at a fraction of the price. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it is better, but it could scarcely be worse.

On the whole, we were very disappointed with the Science Museum toys, but I have to say that this was the worst. We just couldn't get it to fly at all, so it didn't provide any fun, and the only educational tip we learned was "don't buy the Science Museum's gadgets."
on 17 January 2011
My 5 year old son received this as a present on his birthday. It was a bit fiddly to attach the balloon to the blades but once we'd got the knack it flew brilliantly and squeaks as it does. It isn't something a small child can do themselves but judging by the number of times he made me blow it up he obviously liked it a lot and I enjoyed myself too.

When I am not prepared to help he runs around blowing through the valve on the blades (where the balloon attaches) which makes a great squeaking sound.

For the price this is an excellent and amusing stocking filler or a decent present to take to a birthday party.
on 1 September 2010
Bought as a gift for my son, broke on the first day! not very pleased
on 6 September 2011
Maybe if you're some kind of Balloon Helicopter expert this would work OK but I found the supplied balloons had too long and floppy a neck to actually work. The whole thing just sort of lolloped about and ran out of air while skidding around the floor. Kids disappointed. Rubbish toy.
on 31 December 2011
We received this educational toy as a gift for our son. It was fun to see it fly but the toy did not last more than a few gos. It also seems a bit over-priced for what it is.
on 17 January 2013
Item as described had, easy to set-up had
great fun with the kids at christmas. would recommend to others .
on 22 February 2013
my grandson loved this, it was great fun, had to watch my ornaments though, best played with outside or in a playroom
on 21 September 2011
I bought this for my little boy's birthday and in fairness it is too old for him as he didn't like the noise it makes but as always with science museum it is a great product and I recommend it. Its easy to put together, a little bit fiddly to connect the balloon but a child a bit older would have great fun with it as is my nephew now.
on 23 November 2011
This was fun but not very durable. Fun while it lasted but didn;t last long enough. wouldn't but again. But fun

See one answered question