5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!
Published on 20 Oct 2009 by Daniel Ratner

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD DISC NOT RECOGNISED IN MY PLAYER = " Faulty "
There is a problem with the disc, it won't play on my DVD player/ Recorder. I don't have any problem with the player with other discs I use
THIS ROBIN TROWER/JACK BRUCE TITLED _SEVEN MOONS COMES UP WITH A NOTICE ON SCREEN SAYING
"THIS DISC CAN NEITHER BE PLAYED OR RECORDED ON."
SO WITH THIS I tried playing it through my computer, it had loading...
Published 4 months ago by david thorpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 20 Oct 2009
Daniel Ratner (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Bruce And Robin Trower - Seven Moons Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Firstly what's not good here. Jack has the lyrics on a music stand in front of him which obscures his right hand completely (must have been really annoying for the fans in front of him). Of course he does move around during the solos so say on "Sunshine of your love" where he does a 2 and a half minute bass solo theres no problem. The camera crew can't be blamed for this but what I don't like about their filming is that they've used loads of cameras using some angles that are just stupid like shots in between the crowd, from the sides of the hall, the back of the hall etc. There's no extras, no interviews etc. Finally there's 2 songs missing from the set "We're going wrong" and "I'm home". So what do we get then? Well we get 10 out of the 11 tracks from the "7 Moons" album. One track from the 2 albums they released back in 1981 "Carmen" and 3 Cream songs. No songs from Robins huge solo career which is a shame and as I mentioned just the one track from 1981, again a shame. The main thing though for me is that it doesn't matter what they play! To see the 2 of them playing together and thoroughly enjoying themselves is all I need! Of course its not Jack from 1967 or Robin from 1973, this is 2 of the best ever blues rock musicians in their 60s going for it and doing it brilliantly! Oh and before I forget: Gary Husband on the drums - excellent! In a nutshell a classic dvd for people who appreciate the masters of blues rock from the 1960s untill today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Masters, 4 Nov 2009
G. Duff "benko007" (Wollongong, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
Two brilliant masters of their respective instruments and a great drummer. First class all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars slow jam, 26 Aug 2009
Grzegorz Szymczak "gregg" (poland) - See all my reviews
Five stars mostly for the effort - all 3 performers are stunning, let us be open the live itself is a little mix slow due to veteran age and pretty heavy sound of seven moons songs, 3 additions from cream make a public happy, however what really disappoints is the face of Jack that reflects the age though his voice is still immaculate, do not expect a sharp performance, think slow jam.

5.0 out of 5 stars How lucky are we?, 26 Oct 2009
Cmrichardson (England) - See all my reviews
When the original Seven Moons CD came out, it was obviously destined to be a classic Trower collaboration. If only they would tour the album I thought. Na, that could never happen. Could it? Well then came this beauty! Seven Moons Live!
Jack Bruce and his Gibson bass play their socks off together, and Robin looks to be enjoying every second of it. A polished performance from all concerned. Great to get some Cream numbers thrown in. I think the visual production is just right, and through my 5:1 home cinema set up the mix is excellent.
A truly great recording that every Jack Bruce and Robin Trower fan should have in their collection. We are very lucky to have this great evening captured forever.
I pre-ordered this from Amazon and it arrived on the very day they promised. Very impressive.

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD DISC NOT RECOGNISED IN MY PLAYER = " Faulty ", 3 Dec 2013
david thorpe (ilkeston, Derbyshire ,De74ez) - See all my reviews
"THIS DISC CAN NEITHER BE PLAYED OR RECORDED ON."
SO WITH THIS I tried playing it through my computer, it had loading issues. but did manage to get the odd chapters to play.
So all in all a very disappointed customer I am.
I know I should've sent it back to you, but I no longer have the packaging it came in.
Yours thankfully Mr D j Thorpe.

4.0 out of 5 stars granpa rock!, 13 May 2013
Very honest and inspired. no special fx, few lights, only blues rock feel. The sound is good, well balanced, warm crowd.

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing dvd, 30 Dec 2009
big jack bruce and robin trower fan have seen trower live on a few occasions he was mindblowing .but not in this dvd i'm afraid the whole thing for me lacked power .not what your accustomed to with these two artists .big big dissapointment haven't had it on since.kept thinking it would get better but it didn't.

ARRAY(0xadaceeac)