Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 December 2012
I have the vinyl so I thought I'd get this (plus the extra tracks). Their best album and an all time favourite for me.
on 24 April 2010
Nazareth at their very best. A classic and a must have for any true rock & roll fan.
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2009
I didn't latch onto Nazareth until they appeared as support act to Rory Gallagher at the Kinetic Circus in Birmingham - many, many moons ago. In fact, it wasn't until after the show that I actually found out who they were as the MC was not exactly clear in his welcoming speech - but WOW, what a set they played that night - just blew me away. Vocals like we'd never been treated to before (apologies Mr Plant!), a slide guitar from Manny Charlton that was so precise he was giving the G-man a run for his money, and all underpinned by a powerhouse rythmn section which created an overall sound that belied the fact that there were only 4 guys on stage!
So, the following morning, I was straight down to the record shop to avail myself of a copy of this album and, in vinyl and CD form since, this is an album I still like to return to as it remains as fresh and powerful as the first time I played it.
Kicking off with the title track it settles into a groove producing what became their stage power numbers ALCATRAZ/VIGILANTE MAN/WOKE UP THIS MORNING, great, great vocals, meaningful lyrics, sublime guitar......what more could you want?.....and while yes, there are the "poppier numbers" present in the form of BAD,BAD BOY and BROKEN DOWN ANGEL - which fitted the "pop" charts like chalk and cheese....the album is still one capable of holding your attention and leaving you with a great big grin on your face!
Don't take my word for it - buy it and listen to this ear candy for yourself!
on 30 November 2011
Like many customers i had bought this album in vinyl back in the '70's. Listening to it again i thought it still sounded great, not dated as some from the same era.
on 15 March 2013
This is the best album of Nazareth. I love to listen to him, listen to him very often - it does not get boring. You can listen to it and listen. Kachetve record at altitude. I replaced the old drive to this - and it's great!
on 20 January 2014
I have had this album on vinyl for about 40 years but decided it was time for a digital version (plus I heard Bad Bad Boy on the radio the other day). Well worth the 4 quid for an old Scots rocker like me!
on 14 January 2011
7. Sold My Soul
8. Too Bad Too Sad
9. Broken Down Angel
review image
Bought this on cassette when it first came out in , i think, 1973?
My favourite track is 'Woke Up This Morning' which is a great blues rock song. 'Vigilante Man' is another classic as is Nazareth's first single 'Broken Down Angel'. All in all a fantastic album that's gone straight on to my ipod.
on 13 November 2013
First listened to them on vinyl along time ago (Too long) Still sound fabulous and hasn't dated like some. Bought their later work as well.
on 31 January 2015
Sounds good to me , brings back some good memories. Great songs recorded well and transferred on to CD with a nice quality.