5.0 out of 5 stars sacred chants of buddha

Published on 9 Aug. 2012 by Zurvan56

5.0 out of 5 stars sacred chants of buddha, 28 Aug. 2003
Susan E James (Stowe-by-Chartley, STAFFS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
I picked this cd up in Thailand, not having heard it or of it, and was delighted with my find once I got home. I meditate regulary and practise reiki and shamanic healing. This cd is perfect for all these activities, and for having on in the background. The first track "Vajra Guru Mantra" is peaceful and atmospheric, concentating on the vibrations condusive to relaxing into a medatative state. The second track "Buddham Sharanham", is more upbeat but equally as mesmorising. The third track, "Om Mani Padme Hum", is a wonderful use of "Om", which has enough going on to maintain concentration, but doesn't disrupt the stillness reached by this stage. The final track "OM Tara" finishes off the cd and meditation with a really uplifting bit, commensurate with the final stages of healing or meitation.
All in all, I'm delighted with my find. This cd is traditional and mystical but also contemporary enough to be engaging without being too funky and distracting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Words are important, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
The music is nice, I would say a blend where Indian classical music meets some new age ones, but since the music is the support to some mantras, I think some more attention should be given to transliteration from Pali using diacritic signs since latin alphabet is not able to cover the range of sounds of Indian languages and most important thing the translation from Pali to English is sometimes really misleading respect the original and since this cd wants to be a support for meditation I think is important to have a correct translation and pronunciation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful CD based on some sacred mantras, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD based on some sacred mantras. Very meditative, either to start meditation sessions, or to
relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 1 Jun. 2013
Denise (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
Really beautiful CD...I bought this to play at night to calm me down. Some very lovely tracks on here. I play it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fabulous CD, 18 Mar. 2015
ALICE FRIEND (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
I adore the CD, someone gave it to me 5 years ago and I have played it so often. I love it more the more I play it. When I have friends over and put it on, they love it too.There is a powerful strength in its gentle presence of healing and centering. A definite 5 star from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh YES, 9 April 2015
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (MP3 Download)
Just can't fault this, beautiful sounds, calmness. Magic

2.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
I'm very picky when it comes to music and personally have heard many more beautiful Buddhist chants. It's a matter of taste but this was more New Agey than I anticipated and I was looking for something very different. I'm sure many people would like it very much but I bought it mistakenly thinking it included a particular chant (not anyone's fault but mine). Having listened to it once though I gave it away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly beautiful CD for meditating, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
Amazingly beautiful CD for meditating. My favorite Cd ever. This CD is the one rate the best Cd for that purpose and the best I own so far. I highly recommend
Jmms.Jo

1.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Chants of Buddha by Craig Pruess, 8 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
Not as good as I thought it would be. Too long and a touch boring.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sacred chant of budha, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Sacred Chants of Buddha (Audio CD)
I received this cd in record time, however the cd was really scratched and I couldn't listen to track 3.

Sacred Chants of Buddha