I stumbled upon this CD as I needed cover versions of the Beatles "When I'm 64" and there are remarkably few around. To be honest the 2 versions of that song included here are very similar and probably not the stand-out tracks. The long workouts (over 6 mins each) of Blackbird and The Night Before are my personal favourites.
Anyone who likes tasteful jazzy piano (there are some excellent piano solos on here) will find this album an absolute joy. I often play it latish in the evening, very relaxing and the music is much more immediate than to be classified as "easy listening". Some of the saxaphone breaks are also very good.
Amazon seems to have a problem listing Connie Evingson, the jazzy lass on all these tracks. They sadly confuse her with other artists and the listings of her work often are totally innaccurate. Ignore that and give these versions of Beatles classics a whirl. Actually, all tracks were originally penned by Paul McCartney. If Macca floats your boat rather than Lennon, you'll love this album.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again