Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 4 September 2009
If you are considering buying this album because you've heard his singles I'm Not Alone, Dance Wiv Me and Ready For The Weekend and liked them, you should definitely buy this because the rest of the album is just as good, if not better, than those singles! Also, if you like his older songs, buy Ready For The Weekend - it's his best album by far.
It's very catchy as per usual for his songs, all the songs are great (there isn't one song on the whole album that I don't like) and the music is so good you'll find yourself humming it all day. Calvin has definitely not let us down (I was waiting for this album to come out ever since I first discovered him!) and I hope any albums he releases in the future will be as good and fun as this one!
on 2 September 2009
After playing this album several times I couldn't help thinking how catching the songs were. Then I suddenly realised it was Calvin Harris, the lyrics are more sophisticated (as dance music goes!) the synthesisers sound more loud, the beats more catchier than his first album. Unlike "I created Disco" which had maybe 2 or 3 decent tracks...this is far superior. This is not a second album screaming to be like the first, its clearly better but it needs to grow on you...then its repeat repeat repeat! (even if its the same track again! again!) ...the first track right through kicks off with lyrics ..."these are the good times in your life so put a smile on your face...." Usually if a album is half decent there are a good half dozen tracks this is sheer certain one of them. Mr Harris has a habit of producing music that is catchy and makes you want to dance and if your like me then go and get yourself a copy! ....Cheers Calvin son!!
on 27 August 2009
I've had this CD for a week and its awesome! Been played everyday at work and its a solid fixture on the radio at work. I really liked his 1st album and thought many of his songs were pretty cool. I saw this in Asda for £7 (hope i dont get chucked off amazon for sayin that!) and thought i'd gotta buy it. It is a great CD - the collaboration wiv Dizzee Rascal ,the song from the coca cola AD (yea yea yea la la la) and his singles ready for the weekend, i'm not alone and Flashback. Its an electro mental fused CD. oh yea he uses a sax (i think, on the 1st track) and the start of Blue sounds like a boy band but then goes all electro clash dash n mash. Great CD well worth it
on 17 August 2009
As catchy and as toe-tappingly brilliant as his debut album 'I Created Disco', and with slightly more depth than its predecessor (only slightly more, it is a Calvin Harris album after all) it is certainly worth its price tag. Every track will be lodged into your brain within the first listen. Tracks such as; 'The Rain', the album track 'Ready for the week-end' and 'Stars Come Out', represent classic 'Sonic the Hedgehog' esque Calvin Harris. On the other hand, there are a few tracks on this album with a different flavour, most noteable are 'Worst Day' and '5iliconeator' Perhaps a change of direction for the Dumfries born Harris. But for now I suppose he'll just have to be the fly eyed king of electro-synth pop.
on 8 April 2010
After his debut album: I Created Disco was disliked by reviewers and created little impact, Calvin returned with a whole new pack of killer dance tunes! The Scottish DJ has put everything into this follow-up album and it really pays off!

1. The Rain - 9/10, funky dance tunes mixed with Calvin's voice being 'played-around' with makes this a memorable track.
2. Ready For The Weekend - 9.5/10, not surprised that this was so popular! It mixes Mary Pearce's great vocals with Calvin's fabulous beats.
3. Stars Come Out - 10/10, my personal favourite. It has a great chorus! I'm extremely surprised that it hasn't been released!
4. You Used To Hold Me - 9.5/10, a somewhat emotional track that includes Calvin showing off his vocal ability.
5. Blue - 7.5/10, has some nice beats but just doesn't throw anything at you!
6. I'm Not Alone - 10/10, an absolutely incredible track. I'm not surprised it was number one! Perfect for parties!
7. Flashback - 9.5/10, Calvin clearly put everything into this track. It really is great!
8. Worst Day - 8.5/10, it has a nice chorus but does lack any 'oomph!'
9. Relax - 8.5/10, some nice beats but does not provide any sort of attempt at bringing in some vital lyrics except for: 'Relax!!!!'
10. Limits - 8.5/10, quite peaceful. Sounds like an electronic Temper Trap!
11. Burns Night - 7/10, probably the weakest song but does include a few nice changes of beat!
12. Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La - 9.5/10, a great pick-up after a poor previous song! It has some nice vocals mixed with some fabulous dance beats!
13. Dance Wiv Me (Extended Mix) - 10/10, no denying that Calvin is the star of this song - not Dizzee Rascal! His chorus really brings the song out of it's shell!
14. 5iliconeator - 8/10, this song shows a different side to Calvin with a piano as the base of the song!

So, to summarize this album, I'd say that Calvin barely puts a foot wrong and really has created an absolutely incredible set of tunes for you to dance to! It's perfect party material!
on 22 August 2009
I absolutely loved it when he dropped his first album. Colours was a song that felt like id waited a lifetime for someone to create. Loved it. I was gutted when this recieved two stars in the paper. Id gone onto everyone about how Calvins career was going to be speacial as it unfolded into his older years....then again I know I shouldn't believe everything I read.

I was genuinely holding it off, ready to be dissapointed. So i was astounded when I put The Rain on for the first time. I was genuinely exstatic. I loved music once again. Put pimples down me arm. I will admit that a handful of songs took a few listenings to grow on me. However I put it down to me playing catch up on an artist that clearly works hard in producing something a bit different to what he did before. And a big well done for doing so.

You should never buy a paper for 20 pence and expect a decent reviewer to comment on such an artist. They obviously have to cut the costs somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd let a chimp review RFTW.

Stars Come Out, Worst Day, Flashback, The Rain, Blue, Relax and You Used To Hold Me are being played around the clock like music had only just been invented. I love this man. (Not in a gay way
on 25 September 2015
I enjoy an eclectic mix of music by Cascada, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Adam Lambert, Kylie Minogue, Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Ellie Goulding,Steve Aoki, and others. Naturally, this is one of the reasons why I enjoy Ready For The Weekend by Calvin Harris because of the various music moods that are invoked with Ready For The Weekend, I’m Not Alone, and Dance Wiv Me. Ready For The Weekend by Calvin Harris. I would also recommend Ready For The Weekend by Calvin Harris for music lovers who enjoy various genres on the dance music spectrum because Ready For The Weekend combines club music, electro-guitars, and house music. Calvin Harris is also currently known to be part of the music powerhouse that is him and Taylor Swift. I actually hope that both Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift do stay friends regardless of whether or not they marry because based on their most recent videos I do believe that both of them are bringing out the best in each other creatively (although if they do get married they do need to invite Ellie Goulding to the wedding because various online sources list that she helped match them as a romantic couple).
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2013
Okay so I am 47...well I will be soon but even I can appreciate good music when I hear it. This was actually bought for my 10 year old son who doesn't know and would be horrified if he realised his mother listened to it during the day while he is at school and dances. This is something he feels is very wrong....don't know why.

So on here are some of Calvin Harris's better known hits such as Ready for the Weekend, ....for those who don't know about Calvin Harris he does Dance/Pop type stuff very influenced by his years on the club scene. What you have as a result is a fresh take on standard dance fare with many influences coming into each track.

I am not a music affiacondo so can't do those track by track assessments others do, I just know I like what I hear and I think this album is well worth a listen.
on 3 November 2009
My appetite for fun dance music has met its match with Calvin Harris. Like his first album this serves up some great tunes that don't take themselves to seriously. I'm Not Alone is one of the finest tunes for a good few years. Calvin has a unique sound that on paper shouldn't be that good, poor lylics and a voice that will never win prizes but dispite this his music is just so easy to listen to and gets stuck in your head. The Rain, Flashback and You Used To Hold Me are the other stand out tracks for me. Yes there are a couple of weaker tracks towards the end, Limits, Burns Night and Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La (sounds a bit like Prince - not to my taste) but even very good albums can have this tendency. I await the third album.
on 31 August 2010
When I first heard Calvin's track Acceptable in the 80's I was impressed, catchy cheesy disco with a modern twist. Being born in the 80's I greatly appreciated the lyrics :)

The Girls impressed me less, it was ok and listenable but I didn't love it and nothing else from I created disco really inspired me.

When he came along with Dizzee and on his own with I'm Not Alone, I was back into loving it and then when Ready For The Weekend came along, I had to buy the album and I did not regret it.

As well as all the great singles being on here, there are some other great tracks, in particular check out The Rain and my alltime favourite Stars Come Out.

C'mon...add this to your basket now.