5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Criminal
After buying a Lachesis about 6 months ago, and being rather impressed with it, I thought it would be a good idea to protect its feet and enhance the experience further with a Razer mouse mat. So after reading about this 'desktop skin' on Razer's website, it seemed too good to be true.

I ordered a Sphex as soon as it was available, so I've had this about a...
Published on 13 Sep 2009 by Rudie

3.0 out of 5 stars More than enough reactiveness
I'm sure you will know this, but don't expect a hard mouse mat with "Razer Sphex" written on it in funky font convert you into a world beating first person shooter. You could just buy any random hard mat and it'll give you very similar results.
It is certainly more reactive than the soft-mouse pad surfaces when it comes to those micro-movements/adjustments of...
Published 2 months ago by Faizan Nawaz

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 15 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars That's what I'm talking about!, 25 Mar 2011
Tasos Constantinou "T. Con/nou" (Larnaca, CY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
If you are a gamer, this mousepad is what you need. Fast mouse movements, very very thin (in case you move your mouse out of the pad, you can bring it back without bumps)and sticks to it's place for better experience. Recommended! Amazing value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars decent surface, with slight drawbacks, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
Tracking of the mouse on this surface is very good. Mat is good, but the adhesive on the back is a little patchy and hard, I thought it'd be silicone based but it's more like a reusable, ready-sticky version of what you get on a stamp. doesn't seem to come off on surfaces (on my wood desk) though which is good.

If the mat gets creased by getting caught on something (hard but possible), it's badly affected as the plastic it's made of will not lie back down flat. Mine arrived having been dented on one side by an impact in the mail, and around that (less than 1cm) dent, the mat has terrible tracking for several centimeters, as it lifts up as the mouse passes.

The other flaw with the mat is common to most hard surface mouse mats, if you have pets, or a lot of fluff/dust around, it collects in the mouse feet & sensor, as the mat is slick enough not to rub it away. I discovered tracking problems fairly regularly that I found were caused by the cat, or even human hair getting caught in my mouse sensor for this reason.

One can't help but feel it's a bit expensive for a flat bit of self adhesive plastic sheet too, but if you need a good surface for your mouse with no "lip" around the edge, it's a good mat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Razer Sphex, 21 Jun 2010
Mr. S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
I got the Sphex a year ago, when I got my PC. I really liked the idea of the product and as it was just released at a reasonable price, so I went for it. However, after a very short time the skin kept pealing up on the corners. The tracking performance is great, but for me it just didn't hold up so I went for the Razer Exactmat which can still be found, but the new Vespula is also a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 17 Jun 2010
M. R. McCredie "rem17" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
After much trouble with my lachesis I decided it was about time that I bought myself a mouse mat, one which would hopefully solve the problem of it continuously dying on me and also just to give me an edge against my opponents. And it did just that.

When the package arrived it was incredibly light, I thought there wasn't actually anything in the box!! After a 10 minute struggle to get the mat out of its packaging I positioned it to exactly where I wanted and off I went.

So far I havn't had very many problems with my lachesis and the feel of the mouse across the mat is awesome, it glides with a sense of purpose. I'm glad I didn't fork out a load of money for the vespula/destructor as this mat seems to do the job effortlesly. Such good value for money.

However you may have noticed that only 4 stars was given. Well this is purely because of the reason that you cannot move/re-arrange the mat after you have set it down. The idea of giving it a sticky, adhesive surface is a really good idea to keep it in position but if you do happen to position it incorrectly then you're gonna have a bit of trouble moving it, not to mention the black marks it'll leave on the desk.

Overall it really was a fantastic buy and I have no regrets about choosing this mat over the destructor

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Glide ... BUT!, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
Can't figure this Razer Sphex Skin out, on the one hand it has very good glide properties using it with a Razer Deathadder, but on the other hand I didn't like the textured surface which I could feel running the mouse over it's surface, I would expect a high wear rate on mice feet using the Sphex over time. Also it's pretty noisy. I ended up buying the Razer Goliathus Alpha Speed Mouse Mat Fragged which I much prefer over the Sphex.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible tracking, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
I am very disappointed. After sticking the mat down I tested it out and immediately found that it doesn't track my mouse at all. A waste of money and I've just gone back to using the mouse on my desk for now till I can find something better. Avoid at all costs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
Off the back of all the reviews given here, I decided to purchase this mat to improve my gaming. I have to say, I am really really pleased with this product. It is well packaged and very well made. As stated previously, the mat is very thin, which means that your wrist remains flat and, for me at least, means that the strain on my wrist is reduced. My previous mat was not a soft mat but made of firm rubber. I thought I had found the best mat, but on using this, I have changed my mind. The surface is perfect for my G700 Logitech laser mouse. In gaming, I always set the mouse sensitivity to the highest available. The response on this mat is so crisp, that I will need to reduce it now. This means I have a lot more flexibility in my gaming. The area is also larger than a normal mat, so playing games like BF3 & GW2/WoW becomes easier as turns can be performed in one stroke.

Because the mat is stuck with adhesive (which can be repositioned easily) I have decided to buy another to go further up my desk, as I often change where on the desk my mouse is situated. I have no qualms in paying for another, as this mat is the best I have ever used!

Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin Lizzy, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
Really nice mouse mat. Great price for what you get, which is high grade material that has great traction, allowing for pin-point accuracy of your pointer. Very thin (about 1mm, 2mm tops), it won't get in the way of anything else on your desk. The sticky material on the underside is of good quality, and won't leave any residue on surfaces if you decide to move it.

Great product from a reliable and trusted manufacturer, this mouse mat is a great investment for somebody looking for a quality gaming mouse mat at a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
Does exactly what it should do and hasn't been out of use since purchase. Nice to see good quality now and again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps, but not as much as others would have you believe, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface (Accessory)
First of all this thing is massive - much bigger than is probably needed but at least you've got plenty of space to move your mouse around on, though I've never really had an issue with previous, bog-standard mouse mats I've used playing games at 1920x1080 (or 1080p).

Compared to my older mouse mat, which was some cheepo thing I got from a supermarket a few years ago this one appears to have much less friction, the mouse glides over it very smoothly, which means that you don't need to constantly keep sweeping the mouse, lifting it up, and sweeping it again (I'll get back to this later).

The mouse mat has a sticky side that adheres to a flat surface (i.e - your desk or table) - it adheres well and I didn't have any issues trying to get rid of any trapped air bubbles or anything, and it doesn't appear to have left any marks on my black wooden desk.

This might sound like an odd complaint for a mouse mat - but I thought that moving my mouse around on such a flat surface was quite noisy, and if you do need to pick the mouse up and put it down again there's no padding like on other mouse mats to insulate the sound. Strange complaint I know, but it was kind of annoying after a quick session on Battlefield 3 & Team Fortress 2.

Having played Battlefield 3 and Team Fortress 2 while using this, I can say that this mouse mat will likely be of no use to you if you just play infantry shooters - I didn't seem to perform any better or any worse in these two games than I normally do, but I really noticed a difference when I hopped in to a Tank in Battlefield. The turret on the tank seems to move much more fluidly now and I don't have to keep picking the mouse up a million times just to do a 90 degree turn!

This is worth getting if you're competitive on shooter games that utilise vehicles like Battlefield does - but if you're more in to the likes of Call of Duty or Team Fortress 2 then you'd be better off saving yourself 11.99 by just getting a normal, no-frills mouse mat.

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 15 | Next ›