on 31 March 2010
The cable gave a good connection between the firewire 800 port, on my computer, and my external hard drive. So, it worked well and as expected. It was, also, well packaged with just the right amount of padding and as such was able to be put through my letterbox without me having to be around to receive it.
on 5 April 2010
I have found what I am looking for on Amazon. This Firewire 800 to 400 cable with IEEE1394B adapter works well with my hardware. Brill stuff. The retailer had it sent to my home express delivery so I was able to continue my work. Many thanks to all involved.
on 8 January 2010
Make sure that you need the 9 to 6 cable - i've had this for a few weeks now and haven't had any problems. Working great to connect my old hard drive to my new laptop.
on 29 August 2010
Does just what it says and seems to be good quality. I didn't know before I saw the listing that cables were available with 400 on one end and 800 on the other, so there's a small but valuable saving in clutter and increase in reliability available (over using an adaptor) if you have, for instance, a new Mac with older peripherals.
on 29 March 2011
I bought this to connect my old MacBook (6 pin) to my new Mac Mini (9 pin) and it works perfectly and is half the price of some cables I looked at.
on 27 March 2012
The screen of my old iBook G4 died, needed to transfer all data to the new iMac. iBook G4 has firewire 400 and iMac Firewire 800. I was at the apple store and they were suggesting cables and adapter that would cost me £30 -£35. I decided to give this a go. It worked perfectly fine. Even standard delivery arrived the next day of placing the order. Brilliant stuff!!
on 12 September 2011
I seem to have lots of diffent cables for lots of different equipment and now I needed another different one. Firewire cables are often used to transfer video from source, like from a camcorder to a computer, - of course, you knew that - but how many different connectors are used? I haven't counted but now I know where I can get one from and that it will work and is of reasonable quality, as this one was when I received it. This is the cable I needed to transfer my video and it was found easily by simply searching first Google and then Amazon. I wanted to know if this was the right cable for the job so I searched by the camcorders make and model number to ensure the correct cable was ordered for the right job . The original wasn't available any more so I ordered an equivilent alternative according to the description given on the site and it fitted perfectly - happy days! Now I can get on with the job in hand. Hot stuff this firewire.
on 21 August 2010
A good bargain.The big high street retailers will charge you nothing less than £20 for the same product.
on 15 June 2010
I received the silver cable, does the job very nicely. Feels and looks like a pretty solid cable. Don't waste your money on stupidly expensive alternatives. Quick delivery too!
on 12 August 2013
I purchased this cable after my uni changed the macs and no longer had ports for my existing cable. product returned very quickly but whenever I use it with my external harddrive it would work for 10 minutes, then come up with a box saying harddrive ejected, id have to take cable out and try again, this went on for a couple of days and was very stressful as I had a deadline and couldn't do my work, eventually I borrowed a cable from a friend and my hardrive worked fine, thankfully it was a dodgy cable and not a broken harddrive.