5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value
Published on 14 Jun. 2011 by Scrunch

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I hadnt bought this product
Published on 6 Nov. 2011 by charliemark

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 14 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Binatone G430 Widescreen Satellite Navigation with UK and ROI Mapping (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
After browsing around a few different SatNavs within my budget I choose this one. So far I am very pleased with it and it also looks very stylish.. it matches my red car :) You can not complain at the value as you get all you need in the box... car mount, car charger, usb cable for updates and charging and also a case to put it in when not in use. Its very easy to use with a very responsive touch screen. I also prefer to use the 2D maps, as it makes it easier for me to understand where I am going, but 3D maps are available too. I would recommend to anyone... you cant really go wrong and I have not got lost once !

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I hadnt bought this product, 6 Nov. 2011
I bought this satnav 3 months ago and use it for work around 50 times a week so I've thoroughly tested it. My main gripe about it is that frequently I enter a postcode and it just does not recognise it so I end up having to phone the customer or rely on google maps on my smart phone. I can understand a postcode not being recognised if it a newly built property but this is not the case here. Another problem I've encountered is that occasionally I enter a postcode, the satnav recognises it and displays the street name which is correct but it then proceeds to navigate to somewhere a few miles away from the destination. Also occasionally this satnav will send me down dead end dirt tracks or tell me to make a turn where no turn exists. A few weeks ago it sent me on an 8 mile round trip to a destination that, I didnt know at that time, was only less than two miles back down the road. Why didn't it just tell me to turn around?? I really wish that I had spent a little more and brought a Garmin or Tom Tom or some other satnav from a manufacturer that knows what they are doing. Oh..and the icing on the cake..the in-car charger has stopped working now. Please don't buy this satnav...spend a little more and get a proper one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Sat Nav :), 14 Jun. 2011
I thought I would try this Sat Nav as my boyfriends TomTom when I borrow it cant always find a satellite... great considering its purpose.

This Sat Nav is great! It doesnt loose the Satelittes even if you turn it on in a different place to where you turned it off.

Its alot less complicated to follow and it has handy camera alerts.

Plus its a great colour and suits my car rather than a big chunky black thig on my window.

Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Binatone all the way for me!, 23 May 2013
After having my original Binatone G430 pinched from my car by thieving trash I was keen to get an exact replacement ASAP. I am so pleased that I found one immediately on Amazon.
There is so much snobbery and clap trap written about sat navs - the different makes, the features the accuracy etc etc. To be honest you really don't need to spend much on one to be able to get from A to B. Even the expensive ones get it wrong - believe me! This one is great - very accurate, simple to use, very well made, no extras to buy, looks amazing and best of all - CHEAP. Not such a big financial loss if it gets pinched either!

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and easy to use & follow instructions, 3 Jun. 2013
I love this sat nav, it's so easy to use, add addresses and I love the way it repeats the instructions of what turn you should take every 100 yards before the turn you need to make. I used other sat navs which leave it too late at roundabouts to tell you which turn your taking to be in the right lane but this one gives you loads of notice and so far I've made a few drives with it that I wouldn't have attempted on my own so def recommend if you want something simple and easy to use & follow instructions.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 11 Sept. 2010
Got this as a birthday gift and am very disappointed. There is only he one voice and it is very tinny. It very often tells you to turn left or turn right when your just going round a bend in the road. Mine tried to take me on a short cut round the back of Maldon High Street which has been blocked off for 15 years!!

It also does not always calc shortest or quickest route. Mine tried to take me in one direction - when I ignored it and went my usual way it recalculated and cut 15 miles and 10 mins off the journey.

Had a very old tom tom before and this is just not as good.

On the plus side - it looks good but just does not have the accuracy or fanctionality I would have expected

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but!!, 17 April 2012
Initially pleased with the sat nav unfortunately the on/off button started to play up. Eventually didn't work more than worked. Rang to return response very professional and prompt return label sent by email. Not sure if I would purchase another lower cost sat nav although when working this was excellent. Would certainly use the same supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for panicky drivers!, 24 Mar. 2014
Dollhead "*Alypally*" (Barry, Vale of Glamorgan United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this as the price was right and t's Red....says a lot about the way i think. It's brilliant, simple to use and pretty damn accurate, not got lost once and i don't know up from down sometimes. I never travel without it now, EVER!

5.0 out of 5 stars G430, 1 May 2013
this Item arrived on time and was as described i am Very happy with this purchase and the price. i paid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Case colour is the only good thing about this product, 29 Jan. 2012
Only if you are new to SatNav units might you be impressed with this.
Sound quality is awful, reminds me why this brand set themselves up in the low end of the AV market all those years ago.
The "quickest" route ignored the A road and motorway to try to get me to take back roads and country lanes, thankfully it was in my local area so I knew better.
It tells you to turn when all you need to really do is follow the bend of the road.
It tells you too late to take an exit and then takes far too long to realise that you have taken another road and recalculate, I had taken the long slip road from the A2 to the M25 and exited the M25 slip before it woke up to the action I'd taken.
My wife accompanied me on the first test of the unit and she despaired at how poor it was.
It is being returned and I'll go back to a Navigon, TomTom or Garmin unit, all of which have been much older units but far better than this.