5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Navigation product at a sensible price.
This is a great performer. The system works reliably and is very stable under WindowsCe operating system.

Published on 4 Mar 2010 by John Penrose

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute utter garbage
DO NOT BUY THIS Sat Nav. Got one, sent it back to the shop within an hour. Takes forever to get a satellite, maps are terrible, software is useless. I have had 3 Sat Navs and got this one for occasional use by the wife. Grab a NavMan F35 instead.

Cheap, horrible Windows CE based c**p.
Published on 22 Aug 2009 by S. PATERSON

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Navigation product at a sensible price., 4 Mar 2010
This review is from: Binatone B350 Satellite Navigation with UK and ROI Mapping (Electronics)

Initial satellite acquisition is about 2 minutes. Positional accuracy is good with a fast update as you move. Standard navigation performance is very similar to a TomTom (without the "whistles and bells" of the TomTom menus) - but at a fraction of the price!

Charging can be accomplised either via a PC USB port or using the provided cigarette lighter car connection.

The screen display is clear and very detailed.

A nice feature is the SD card expansion slot which allows you to download and run TomTom software from the Binatone B350. Running the resident Navigation software and comparing it with TomTom v7 loaded onto the SD expansion card showed only minor variation in route planning.

Map updates are available from Binatone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sat-Nav for £60. Unpolished, but it works. What else?, 20 Dec 2010
I've had this for three months after moving to a new town/job I have to drive for. I got a sat-nav for £60 which directs me to where I'm going. OK, the menus aren't quite TomTom and you don't have a choice of three voices per language, but it finds a signal within minutes and has an address book.

It sounds like other reviewers have purchased faulty ones and they have my sympathy - however - mine works, hasn't crashed, and cost £60. Imagine three years ago - these things started at £150.

(spend £8 on a plugin charger - empty to full in 15m)

If you want flash kit/lane guidance/ traffic updates/ your horoscope on the go, you should expect to spend over £120. This is an entry-level, reliable device.

plus, nobody's going to rob your car for a Binatone, are they?

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute utter garbage, 22 Aug 2009

Cheap, horrible Windows CE based c**p.

4.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN, 22 April 2012
Andy (Worcester) - See all my reviews
Paid £60 for mine using up vouchers I forgot I had. It is a basic sat nav without any bells and Whistles but very simple to set up. I wanted a simple device as it was mainly for my wife to find her way round the area for her skittle fixtures. My wife has no problem using it. As stated by other re-viewers it does have the strange quirk of offering the occasional left hand turn that does not exist. It always finds the satellite signal within minutes and plots the journey quickley and also re-calculates quickly when it needs to. So far it has always got me to my destination without any major issues. Battery life is about an hour while in use so I always plug mine in for most journeys. Also I did not buy mine fom the company named but from a leading hight street shop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Sat Nav but good value, 5 Aug 2011
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Bought this because my Garmin Nuvi died in a city I didn't know and I needed a new sat pronto.
This was the only one available.
It will get you from A to B, but expect a few mishaps along the way. I have taken turns having being directed by the 'voice', only to hear a few seconds later 'recalculating'. Very frustrating, but in the end I did get where I was going.
It is not the most intuitive software either. Getting it to store journeys took a while. My wife did eventually get to grips with it and found how to add addresses to the address book.
It has very few frills, but bear in mind the Nuvi cost more second hand than this does new!
Don't think I will ever fall in love with this bit of kit, but it does the job...eventually!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible satnav - not as good as my AtoZ, 13 Nov 2009
Mr. Peter Gaunt "saxmanpeter" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is absolutely terrible. It can 20 minutes to find satellites. It's fine on motorways, but don't attempt to use it in towns, as it only gets confused and lost.

I don't know whether it's the software or the hardware. I've tried two and they are both bad.

Suggest investing in AtoZ maps.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY, 2 April 2010
I had sat nav software on my mobile phone that hammered the battery quite quickley so decided to buy a dedicated unit as thought it could only be the same or better..... how wrong was I..
It would be quicker to go & get some sattelites from space & bring them to the binatone rather than wait for its attempts to find them.. Very frustrating!.. Also,when it does eventually find my position, it is usually well behind on the map in comparison to where I actually am.. It often gives me directions to turn AFTER ive passed the road!
The software is slow, the screen unresponsive & Ive actually gone back to using my A-Z maps as they are more reliable!.. Just to compare, I borrowed my girlfriends Tom Tom yesterday which was absolutely brilliant! If only I could find the reciept I would take it back to where I purchased it from!

1.0 out of 5 stars Binetone B350, 18 Jan 2010
Total waste of money . Gets you lost and takes ages to recalculate route , like 5 minutes !

Sends you to dead ends , tells you to turn right when there is no turn right .

Avoid like the plague !

I suppose you get what you pay for !!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant satnav, 13 Mar 2014
It may be older and quite simple technology wise but i've been puttung it through it's paces since i got it yesterday and all i can say is... i luv it

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the box, 23 Jan 2013
basic but good easy to get on with value for the money i paid would recommend to anyone who's not too much of a techy

Binatone B350 Satellite Navigation with UK and ROI Mapping