on 5 April 2010
Firstly, a big hand for the fantastic delivery from Kenco Spares of Belfast. Despatch was same day by DHL Express and we were able to track it to our door.

This cleaner is soooooo well made (except in one regard - see later). Everything about it seems to have been built to last: The buttons have a nice movement, the tools a positive click 'home' and the motor is quiet. Pickup is exceptional. This celaner is known as the 'Cat & Dog' model. We don't have a cat or a dog but suffice it to say it's great on sock fluff but I guess that's not such a great marketing byline.

Some of the best features are not advertised and were unexpected: The cleaner swivels around the base - a bit like the Dyson Ball - but you would never know this by looking. Even the small dust brush attachment swivels to allow access to those hand to reach places.

The one downside - the top edges of the base part of the cleaner are quite angular and are prone to scuffing under radiators and furniture. Purely cosmetic but a shame that my pristine cleaner was battle scarred on it's first encounter.
on 5 November 2009
We have two Miele cylinder cleaners, this upright, a Miele freezer, washing machine and a dishwasher. Yes, they are pricey, but they are made to last. This upright is Miele's first true upright. It is very powerful with variable selectable settings which controls the suction power. No need to worry about ride height, as these machines adjust automatically, so that the optimum height is always in use for the surface. The brush is driven separately by an independent electric motor and can be switched off for when doing hard floors. This is because the brush actually sweeps any debris behind the suction part of the vacuum, and doesn't therefore get picked up. Something other manufacturers haven't thought about. There is a long strechy tube and a telescopic wand onto which the on-board tools fit nicely. You can also fit Miele's excellent turbo brush from the cylinder models to this as well. There are two replaceable filters, one in and one outside the machine. These filters are supplied with every box of replacement bags. The bags are huge and retain all dust and particles. The bags are not cheap, but don't be tempted to buy non-genuine bags, as they may be cheaper but will not be as effective.
It is also a very quiet machine, even at maximum power.It is not a lightweight machine to lug about, but Miele do provide a built in carrying handle which makes the machine perfectly balanced whilst being carried around by hand. The mains lead is a good 10 metres and more than long enough. In use, the Miele can be steered by means of simply twisting the handle left or right. A fantastic idea. In summary, an extremely powerful and efficient upright which performs as good as Miele's legendary cylinder cleaners. Expensive yes, but well worth it.
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2013
I bought one of these today and even though I bought it from currys I felt the need to share the love and review on here as Amazon is my "go to" place for product reviews.

We have 2 springer spaniels, a cat, a 3 year old son and a mixture of brown and cream carpets/furniture which our poor old henry hoover was struggling with and so needed to upgrade. I "googled" best vacuum cleaner for pet hair and it seemed to be between this one and the dyson animal. I went for this one after reading one too many bad reviews about the dyson not being reliable and I am not disappointed with my choice.

I am a carpenter by trade and use a variety of power tools, some good and some bad, and take pleasure when using any tool that does it's job very well with minimal input from me and this definitely falls into this category.

It eats pet hair like nothing I've used before, so much so I cleaned the whole house from top to bottom straight after getting it out the packet (and I normally leave that job to the wife!). Even the little turbo airbrush thingy that attaches onto the flexible pipe is amazing on the sofas and stairs. The carpets have never been so clean.

Some reviews have said that this unit is heavy, which I agree with, but the swivel head makes it easy to manoeuvre. Plus it cleans so well I don't care how heavy it is!

If you're after a vacuum to really shift the pet hairs, look no further - this really does the trick!
on 11 January 2009
my Aunt has been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Miele's first upright range and she say that the wait has been worth it. it's probably one of the best upright cleaners she has used. it leaves her carpets clean and well groomed and the attachment tools make it easier to clean the areas which are to clean.

My Aunt would recommend any of the new S7 upright cleaners from Miele if you are looking for a quality item that should outlast many other vacuum cleaners.

I have used this at my aunts home and I have to say that it is a excellent product. the Only is that the bag door is flimsy. In the near future I will also buy one to replace my Dyson DC15 animal but mine will be a Miele S 7580 - Auto Care HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner, the top of the range.
on 21 March 2013
Very easy to put together. I was concerned about the weight but have not found this to be a problem, We have always used Dyson animal vacs before as we have 3 dogs but having decided to change this time we are very impressed with the dog hair removal from our carpets...they normally only look this clean after we've used the carpet washer!
on 2 October 2011
As someone whose carpets look like mohair most days due to dogs in the house, I bought this upright dog and cat cleaner having scoured the net for reviews. Im sorry but I wish Id never bought it - I can only assume its a case of the Emperors clothes, people are told its wonderful and so it has got this undeserved reputation OR Miele simply dont have the right engineering skills for an upright vacuum as they have always had the pull along type til this model.

Ok, Ive had this for a couple of years now and I absolutely HATE it. You need a degree in engineering to unblock it and it gets blocked very very often. It has a silly bit of plastic as an access door on the rear that you have to remove with a coin :) and it breaks the plastic very quickly. Im on my third one.

Its extremely heavy.

The front opening feels so fragile and when you do have to change bags its so difficult to get the front to go on again I end up leaving it for my husband to do and even he has problems.

The hose split in many places and thats the first time in decades of marriage and vacuum cleaners Ive ever had a hose split and after such a short time and at a very premium price.

The plastic at the back where you have the foot pedal has cracked and split.

When you find the blockage is not in the access door at the rear, after levering it off with said coin and breaking it in the process you have to open the whole thing up to search for where the blockage could be.

Oh, why did I change from sebo. I have my ancient Sebo upstairs and its a joy to use, light, easily emptied, easily relieved of a blockage and it has NEVER broken or had to have spares.

Talking of spares, they are a horrendous price and its a bit of an insult onto injury when you have to buy them because the machine is so faulty in the first place.
on 8 October 2009
Excellent design, easy to steer, fantastic cleaning pick up, keeps dust in machine and does not spray it around like the one we had by a famous bagless. Cable is wound at near of handle so do not have to bend over and the comfortable handle is higher than most if you are tall. Hose connects at bottom so machine does not fall over, and reaches to top of our modern house stairs with turbo brush doing great job. The other tools stay clipped to the machine until you want to attach them to the sliding extendable tube. Do not have animals but deals with wife's hair ok. Ok do have to buy bags but this means there is not dust going everywhere when emptying. Looks good and actually fun to use. Was suprised to find Miele is German and not French so engineering is claimed to be high quality though not very light if have to lift, but has well balanced carrying handle. Why are other cleaners not this good?
on 13 March 2013
I can echo all the other reviewers as this is a well-made & effecient beast.
This is the S7260 - the "Cat & Dog" version - it has the Clean Air filter (which you can replace with a basic or the HEPA one if you want)
It is like a Mercedes - German-built, expensive, large and very good at its job!
I found no problem in carrying it upstairs (it's only a kilo more than the Dyson)and the long hose can reach from the bottom to the topmost stair.
The very long cable means I never have to unplug it.
The turbo-brush actually works (my VAX one just wasn't up to the job).
It is very quiet and very clean - no emissions means no "vacuuming smells".
My only qualm is that I get static shocks off the metal collar on the handle - why they put a metal collar on here is weird.
It acts like a Van der Graaf generator and stores the charge . . they should have earthed it or replaced it with plastic. It's a minor hiccup and prob not helped by my wearing rubber soles.
At last a vacuum that really does the job and it looks like it's built to carry on doing that for 10 years or more.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Update:
Update after 18 months . . . still a very good vacuum and the bags last months even with daily cleaning. It developed a fault yesterday - no motor & the red light came on and stayed on. Usually this happens when you try and vacuum up boot laces etc and it jams , , but now there's no motor - not even a starting attempt . . went thru all the possible blockage procedures . . nope.
Best thing was a lovely lady (Catherine) at Miele - talked me thru all the procedures then agreed that this shouldn't happen "Miele products are designed to last 15 - 20 years" and so a big box is due to arrive tomorrow for it to be sent back! Great. I'll report back later on this returns issuebu thumbs up for Miele service . . . so far.
on 31 October 2009
Have always been pro Dyson as they are great cleaners for picking up dust and pet hairs, the only complaint is that they are very noisy. After reading Which magazine thought I would try their Best Buy upright cleaner i.e. Miele S7260 since it was rated as being reasonably quiet. The outcome is that I am delighted with my purchase and would certainly recommend Miele, it is every bit as good as Dyson and quieter.
on 13 November 2010
The Miele is a serious bit of kit; it cleans superbly and very quietly, leaving nothing behind. The supplied tools, including the 'pet' mini turbo brush, are useful, and there's a wide range of compatible accessories available. Replacement bags and filters are also suprisingly inexpensive for top-end brand.

The swivelling body is an unexpected bonus, although it does take some getting used to - rather like learning to drive all over again - but with a little practice you soon start to wonder why every upright vac doesn't share this design feature.

This is a relatively wide, tall and heavy cleaner, and some people will find that puts them off: really you should try it for height and weight before you buy - however one benefit of the solid build and logical design is the excellent stability when the suction hose is pulled out from the base and extended to enable the tools to be used: this machine simply won't fall over when you clean up the stairs or remove cobwebs from high corners!

Finally unlike some widely-advertised, famous, supposedly "British" or "European" brands, these cleaners are actually designed AND built entirely in Europe [Germany] - not brought in from the Far East. If the sheer quality and solidity of build don't impress already, the manufacturers are currently offering a free 10 year parts & labour warranty on machines bought before 30th November 2010.