on 4 March 2011
This is a great compact light weight guitar stand, it does a very good job of supporting my accoustic guitar, and the price is amazing . It is not as heavy as the larger stands,which is what i like, but it may not so good if you have young children running around, they wont get hurt but your guitar could topple :) but if you have your own "music only space" or live alone; this is a wonderful choice highly recommend
on 13 August 2009
For its price this light weight stand does the job. Although I would recommend it to be positioned away from anything that may knock it over (like a hyper dog!!) The rubber catch at the top of the neck which hooks on to the stand i think will not last too long before snapping (but I must admit I do not use it anyway) It's a no frills stand and for the price suits me ok
on 13 May 2013
I bought this stand for an electric guitar,it's probably fine for classic / acoustic guitars but for heavier electric guitars,this stand is too flimsy and unstable.
it will easily collapse with a little push.
the bottom part which is supposed to hold the guitar is completely loose and moves and has a very cheap feel to it.this part is the weakest part and will even sink and bend a little when you put an electric guitar on it.
you really don't want to put your guitar on this unstable stand and then put it next to your TV or a glass shelf or anything fragile.
it's not expensive but for what it is it shouldn't be,and I don't understand why they failed to design it more stable and less loose and flimsy.
overal I would not recommend this stand for an electric guitar or bass,and I'm surprised by positive review's..probably mostly from classic / acoustic guitar owners.
on 7 August 2010
Excellent value. Won't be using these stands at gigs (although I'm sure they would hold up fine) but for the house they are perfect. Sturdy enough, look good and all together far better than leaning guitars up against a wall. Recommended.
on 12 December 2012
I bought this for my 9 year old son who has recently taken up playing the guitar. he had a lovely case for the guitar but unfortunately that's where the guitar was spending most of its time! Now we have the guitar in the stand and have found that he picks it up every day now which is really helping with his playing. A definite good buy.
on 26 June 2011
A simple and effective stand. I have an electric guitar in the spare room where I have my strumming sessions. It looks almost professional now it has its own storage space!
The stand does the job and its cheap too. Just buy it.
on 30 January 2014
This stand and the double Tiger Guitar stand both have and extremely bad build quality, spending alot of money on a guitar and then standing it on this stand is silly do not buy, go for an "A" shaped stand these are much more sturdy and takes up less room.
on 16 December 2010
a really good quality guitar stand, apart from a little unsturdyness, but what do you expect from the price. this is fantastic for its price, i've had multiple 'auto grab' and other expensive guitar stands but most of them have either broke of just not supported the weight of my guitar. i've been using this well over a week now and i've seen no problems withi it whatsoever.
on 22 April 2016
Very poor design. It fails immediately on stability - the one thing that you really want!
The design is such that the unit can be folded to quite a small size for transportation to gigs. However I most certainly not use this on a gig where people are walking around. If you catch the guitar when walking past it will tip over very easily - I mean VERY EASILY !!
Fortunately I only wanted it for use in my music room, but even here I still have to be careful. THe problem is like this:-
If you imagine the short leg pointing north then it's relatively stable direct north, east and west but very unstable NE and NW.
Be warned if you are using an expensive guitar !!!
on 11 December 2010
As said on previous reviews, Its a nice light stand reasonably priced. Would be nice if the back leg was longer for a bit more stability, but its ok with the guitar weight to stabilse it