5.0 out of 5 stars A Slightly Sweet, Delicious Whisky
Published 3 months ago by William Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product...
A fabulous malt bought as a gift on a friends recommendation. The product arrived much quicker than expected on super saver delivery. Downside is I paid £3.50 for the gift wrap service and the item is terribly wrapped. Not what I expect from a service I paid for. Will have to unwrap and redo myself as not good enough to give as a gift like that.
Published 17 days ago by Mini1982

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slightly Sweet, Delicious Whisky, 12 Sep 2014
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
I bought this delicious single malt whisky on the advice of one of the partners at my law firm, who is quite an expert on whisky and thinks nothing of spending £50.00 to £100.00 on a bottle. I told him I didn't want to spend more than £30.00 to £40.00, and that I wasn't overly keen on drinks like Glenfidditch or Glenmorangie. He recommended this drink and I'm glad that I followed his advice. This whisky has a warm, rich flavour, and is definitely a bit sweeter than other whiskies in the same price range. Hence, if you have a bit of a sweet tooth and want a good whisky, this is proably worth sampling. The packaging, both the bottle and the container, are very attractive, which makes this a very nice gift idea. My girlfriend now knows to buy me a bottle of this on each birthday. If you have a sore throat, as I do right now, this drink can have a nice quasi-medicinal effect on you, relieving the discomfort for maybe half an hour or so! Not that you'd need an excuse like that to enjoy a glass.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite whisky., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
A subtly flavoured classic Speyside malt, with more depth and character than Glenfiddich (Balvenie's sister brewery), not as light as Glenmorangie. Plenty of character developed over 12 years in two barrels. Very reasonably priced for the excellent quality. Always recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product..., 30 Nov 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely whiskey, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
I was converted after a special Balvenie event in London in the spring of 2013. For me this is a great whiskey for beginners and people with a sweet tooth.
Warm it up in your hands for a really special aroma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 2 Jan 2014
leoj8 (Blackburn, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
A lovely packaged, delicious tasting whiskey. Definitely one to savour!
A lovely whiskey for a special occasion,
Good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best for single malt lovers, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
This was bought as a Christmas gift for my husband who loves single malt and particularly those matured in sherry casks.
Prior to this malt, his favourite was Dalwinnie, but that has now firmly gone to number 2 in his charts. He loves this so much that we had to buy a second bottle for his recent birthday.
Postage and packing was reasonable and delvery was excellent. The sheer convenience of not having to trawl the shops was well worth the extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
A great tasting a very smooth malt. once tried you'll want more just like I did. I will definitely order another bottle when this one is finished. It was supposed to be for xmas, but what the heck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 15 Nov 2013
Alan Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
Just ordered my second bottle as the first seemed to be the favoured tipple by friends. It is defo on my want list just behind craggenmoore

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
As an off the shelf (supermarket available) single malt whisky, this is outstanding. Whisky is one of the most difficult drinks to review because its such a personal taste but this is one you should try out. It took a couple of years before I got around to trying 'The Balvenie 12 year Doublewood' but now It's the only 'moderately inexpensive' Whisky I buy. When I eventually pass away, I hope I am buried in a cask of this fine tipple.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this whisky!, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood Single Malt Whisky
I love this whisky! It has a warm and rich taste. arrived promptly and was well packed to prevent breakages.