Style Name: Stand|Change

on 20 November 2011
I ordered this Heavy Duty Double Braced Keyboard Stand - and was impressed with the speed of delivery, packaging, good design and high quality of the stand. However when having assembled it (very easy) and set my Yamaha Piagerro keyboard onto the stand, the surface onto which the keyboard sits was far too large in area, possibly more than twice the space necessary for a 'proper' fit. The result was that the keyboard slides around on the two tubular brackets and does not look or feel correct. Whilst I would wholeheartedly recommend this product and the excellent delivery service received, it maybe sensible to check which stand Yamaha suggest for your keyboard before ordering.
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2010
I bought this keyboard stand as a basic cheap model for my son's new keyboard (a very lightweight Yamaha PSR E323). But when it arrived we were amazed just how solid it was. It has an excellent mechanism for locking into place at the right height, so there is no movement and no risk of it collapsing. My husband plays a Roland Fantom G8, which is probably one of the heaviest keyboards on the market, and this stand is sturdier than the one he currently uses for that. Excellent value for money - £20 is a bargain for something this impressive!
on 18 July 2012
NEW 2012 IMPROVED Heavy Duty & High Quality Double Braced Keyboard Stand with Quick Release Handle Mechanism - [[ EXTRA STRONG Double X Structure  - Padded Keyboard Supports & Height Adjustable + FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY]] An ok, sturdy Keyboard stand with quick release handle for various hight settings. Only BAD point is that the rubber sleeves ('padded keyboard supports') on the bars aren't long enough to avoid my FULL SIZE keyboard slippping!!! :-(( Still, it's good value for money despite this. Fast Delivery!
on 5 May 2013
Our Yamaha PSR 200 keyboard slids about on the two supporting bars which are of unequal length. To stop the keyboard sliding on this metal stand we use a 120cm x 30cm multi-purpose non slip mat obtained from our local "99p Store". Stand height adjustment is easy.
on 1 June 2012
I recieved mine quite quick, thought it was very good at first. But afterwoods the handle broke and it became hard to use.
on 20 October 2012
This double braced stand is far more stable than the one it replaced and is easy to use with a sigle lever to adjust the height. It's sturdy and has some weight to it - there is always a trade off between stability and weight with items such as this and I think it strikes the right balance. Do watch that the nuts securing the unit don't come undone - we've lost one on a similar stand. I do wonder if they could use a better material for the sleeves that sit on the top tubes to stop the keyboard moving - it's vinyl I think and a rubber type material would the job do a lot better. Also, the top part always seems far wider than any keyboard I've ever seen so you have to move the sleeves right in to the middle for a typical stage piano and then you have tubes poking out front and back. The delivery and packaging from DJM were first class.
on 10 April 2016
This is a good, sturdy keyboard / digital piano stand. Before making the purchase, I debated between this type of stand and something more fixed (such as the wooden stands with fixed pedals). I decided that an adjustable stand would be best for flexibility and mobility. I don't do much "gigging" but when I do need to play somewhere else, within 5 minutes, I can easily pack away the digital piano with this folding stand and a folding seat and put it all in the car ready to move.

I typically use this whilst sat down, so it tends to be set fairly low, but its range is supposed to be between 23cm and 99cm, which is comfortable enough for playing while standing (and I'm 6'1 tall). When seated, the cross bars are quite close to my legs, and with long lanky legs like mine, I occasionally feel like I'm bumping against it.

The stand is sturdy enough for a full digital piano and comfortably holds my Casio CDP-120. The stand is deeper than necessary, so if you place a keyboard at the front edge, it will gradually (or rapidly) slip backwards until it hits the rubber grips. After a while, the rubber grips will start to slide off the stand, so be aware of this issue or one day, you may witness your piano disappear from in front of you. Generally, even with a bit of slippage, the stand retains its balance and I know that I could probably prevent any slipping by adding some rubberised tape to the top of the stand, or attach grips or straps on the underside of my piano to hold it in place. So far, I haven't felt it necessary to do that, but the slippage thing appears to be a issue for some people.

The locking mechanism is very quick and easy to adjust, and sturdy and reliable when fixed. This may be obvious, but let my stupidity educate you and don't try and adjust the stand while the piano is still on top. I made that mistake once and quickly realised how hard it is to hold up a digital piano whilst yelling for assistance. Lesson learned. Remove the piano, THEN make the change.

In summary, this is good value for money, with enough flexibility and mobility for someone who moves their piano around a lot. Just watch the slippage!
on 12 February 2012
The actual product is great, sturdy, easy to assemble and very strong. It is definitely non slip when placed on the floor/carpet.
However, depending on the keyboard design (I have a Casio), when placed on top, my keyboard can slide easily as there is nothing to grip onto the 2 rubber areas of the frame. With a toddler at home, it will definitely get knocked over, so I need to improvise and find something to strap the keyboard to the frame (my casio keyboard does not have any particular accessories to do so, so perhaps a strap would do?)
on 20 December 2013
The clasp broke after a month or so, and all came tumbling down. Although to be fair they sent a replacement, but to the wrong address. Then they sent another. That one is still going strong.
on 17 January 2012
Bought this for my son's Yamaha keyboard. Product arrived within 4 days which the week before Xmas is good going. It does what it says , it's robustly built and has an easy to use adjustable height lever which works like an intermeshing set of plastic teeth. Only negative comment would be you need a second person to adjust the height with the keyboard in place, but that's just something you have to be aware of.